2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxW_n8keVPg

That happened..

Ben Lovejoy also hit Mackinnon knee on knee a bit earlier. I watched this whole game actually, Avs look very good. Mackinnon is a stud. But essentially Roy got mad that Lovejoy went knee on knee on Mackinnon and sent out his bruising line which got everyone mad. Then he started yelling at Perry clearly mouthed "fuck you" to him and then nearly killed BB with the divider. Roy is going to be hilarious to watch this season I think. 

lol^

I watched the whole game too, Mackinnon is sick guys.  Like I see now why he went 1st overall, this kid is no joke.  They were even playing him on the penalty kill and he was playing great.  Roy is great I love him so much, I might end up watching every Avs game this season lol

lol^

I watched the whole game too, Mackinnon is sick guys.  Like I see now why he went 1st overall, this kid is no joke.  They were even playing him on the penalty kill and he was playing great.  Roy is great I love him so much, I might end up watching every Avs game this season lol

I may do the same. I generally always like to follow and cheer for one team from the opposing conference. Obviously Caps are my team but I used to always follow the Wings. Now that they are in the East I was planning on following a younger team, Dallas was likely my choice but after seeing Avs play last night may have to follow them instead.

Liked the Hawks start the other night. Other than a horrid penalty kill.... we were just sitting back and letting their d skate it in pretty much 20-25 feet from the net. great passing though from the offense and thank you to brandon holtby for goal #5.

Liked the Hawks start the other night. Other than a horrid penalty kill.... we were just sitting back and letting their d skate it in pretty much 20-25 feet from the net. great passing though from the offense and thank you to brandon holtby for goal #5.

*Braden

The flyers need defense. They have no one who can move the puck appropriately and their defensive defensemen aren't even that good. Meszaros is overrated as is Luke schenn, though I do like him I just think people think is better than he is.

This caps game is awkward hope we get our shit together. Alzner has been skating very poorly to start the year and Carrick has made several rookie mistakes tbh

*Braden

The flyers need defense. They have no one who can move the puck appropriately and their defensive defensemen aren't even that good. Meszaros is overrated as is Luke schenn, though I do like him I just think people think is better than he is.

This caps game is awkward hope we get our shit together. Alzner has been skating very poorly to start the year and Carrick has made several rookie mistakes tbh

Kimmo Timonen says Hi. The guy is severely underrated, the rest of his blueline partners are bad though. Mezaros actually isn't bad.

*Braden

Schenn and Coburn are what they are: defensive defensemen who are never going to really contribute offensively. Grossmann is awesome, but is even worse offensively than the 2 above. Streit and Kimmo are more than adequate puck movers, while Schenn and Coburn are average-ish, depending on the day.

Kimmo Timonen says Hi. The guy is severely underrated, the rest of his blueline partners are bad though. Mezaros actually isn't bad.

Kimmo Timonen was criminally underrated during his first couple years in Philly. Obviously, as he's gotten older, he's slowed down a little bit, but he's still awesome.

Meszaros is serviceable as a 5 or 6 when healthy. Problem is, he's never healthy. Guys got a coconut for a brain. 

Flyers really need a 3rd line winger. Talbot can't keep up offensively with Couturier Voracek/Read.

We also sent down Scott Laughton today for Kris Newbury.  Rinaldo - Hall - Rosehill/Newbury might be the worst 4th line in hockey.

Can't be as bad as Sestito - Dalpe - Weise. They played less than 5 minutes each last night. 

can't wait to see HF and the SHL blow up when the Sens destroy the Leafs

yeah, the only thing holding in buffalo last night was miller playing like it was game seven of a playoff series. I can't see either leafs goalie playing that well.