2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Lol, listen to what you are saying man. Toews isn't a top 10 player.

That is your opinion.  My opinion is that he is a top 10 player...I actually think one could make the argument that he is top 5.

Is he a top 10 offensive player? Probably not..but when you factor the rest of his game, including his playoff success, I think the case can be made over Crosby.  

With that being said, I still take Crosby over him.

In their last 5 seasons:

Bergeron: 103 Goals, 164 Assists, 267 Points, +124 

Toews: 137 Goals, 180 Assists, 317 Points, +118

I'm not sure what other stats you want me to pull up but there seems to be a big difference in one of them. I get the Crosby/Toews dilemma, but Bergeron isn't on Toews level.

*I put last seasons because that kind of how we determine who is at what level in their current star power.

In their last 5 seasons:

Bergeron: 103 Goals, 164 Assists, 267 Points, +124 

Toews: 137 Goals, 180 Assists, 317 Points, +118

I'm not sure what other stats you want me to pull up but there seems to be a big difference in one of them. I get the Crosby/Toews dilemma, but Bergeron isn't on Toews level.

*I put last seasons because that kind of how we determine who is at what level in their current star power.

I was going by watching them play, Chicago is a better team than Boston. I get he's a good player and a good leader, great in the circle but he's not top 10 to Meir you're talking forwards. If you include D he's even further out.

No one mentioning Defenseman though, not even sure why you mentioned that.

Going by points obviously Crosby has Toews beat, no one is arguing that. They are arguing the value each hold to a franchise for the body of work they provide. In my opinion I'd rather have Toews who gives me first line centre points, a shutdown role if needed and better leadership than Toews. Crosby is a good captain but all that complaining somewhat spoils him for me. Not to mention Toews could out check Crosby any day of the week. No one is wrong or right here, it's a matter of opinion. But when someone says Bergeron is better than Toews, the facts/stats say otherwise. I won't buy into the bias' and just take the guy thats closest to where I live or the team I cheer for, some will but I believe Toews is the better player than Sidney.