2013-2014 NFL Discussion Thread

I was surprised not only with his stupid decisions, but how inaccurate RGIII was. The Redskins only had 3 passing yards after 3 quarters.

Does he wear a glove on his non throwing hand?

I was surprised not only with his stupid decisions, but how inaccurate RGIII was. The Redskins only had 3 passing yards after 3 quarters.

If defenses aren't having to account for his running ability, he doesn't get the huge holes in coverage like he did last year. Just like Kaepernick, if teams force him to beat them with his arm, he can't get it done.

If defenses aren't having to account for his running ability, he doesn't get the huge holes in coverage like he did last year. Just like Kaepernick, if teams force him to beat them with his arm, he can't get it done.

One of the joys of having a pocket quarterback who can move out of the pocket. I've always been a firm believer in drafting a pocket QB and if he has potential and upside to run when needed then thats great. However drafting a QB that is 50/50 is rather risky, especially when it comes to building the playbook around that.

Ex. RGIII, Vick, Kaepernick, Newton, Vince Young.

You'll see 50/50 in terms of the play calling and 50/50 in terms of your record.

One of the joys of having a pocket quarterback who can move out of the pocket. I've always been a firm believer in drafting a pocket QB and if he has potential and upside to run when needed then thats great. However drafting a QB that is 50/50 is rather risky, especially when it comes to building the playbook around that.

Ex. RGIII, Vick, Kaepernick, Newton, Vince Young.

You'll see 50/50 in terms of the play calling and 50/50 in terms of your record.

I really like Cam Newton. He's one of those rare guys who is actually pretty good both at running the ball and as a passer. But the big trend with him is that his passing has become more and more integral to his game as his career has gone on. This year, he's relying on his arm way more than his legs to get things done, but he can still work his magic on the ground too. He's still a bit too turnover prone, but he's shown progress there too. I think he'll be a top QB within a season or two.

Yeah ou of those name he is the most likely to turn himself into a very winnable QB that can do both. I just hope the air comes before the ground.

Call me biased, but I was always a fan of the fact Rodgers is good through the air, and when he needs to be a runner he can pick up 5 yards or so without it taking 5 minutes to do. Peyton Manning is great at his throws in the air but if need be he seems to take a few years to scramble. Maybe I'm dumb in thinking this, but how can I guy honestly be that slow at running? Peyton is a HOF no doubt, I just never understood why a skinny guy like that can't run at all (Im talking like a 5.4 40 time.)

Yeah ou of those name he is the most likely to turn himself into a very winnable QB that can do both. I just hope the air comes before the ground.

Call me biased, but I was always a fan of the fact Rodgers is good through the air, and when he needs to be a runner he can pick up 5 yards or so without it taking 5 minutes to do. Peyton Manning is great at his throws in the air but if need be he seems to take a few years to scramble. Maybe I'm dumb in thinking this, but how can I guy honestly be that slow at running? Peyton is a HOF no doubt, I just never understood why a skinny guy like that can't run at all (Im talking like a 5.4 40 time.)

Honestly, my guess with Manning is that he doesn't really care to work on it. He knows his arm is his main weapon and that he's not going to beat you with his legs, so getting faster isn't a big deal to him. Sort of like how pitchers that are pretty big guys aren't powerful hitters: they don't work on it enough for it to really matter.

Always been a big fan of Rodgers. His style of play, his personality, everything about him is what you want out of a franchise QB. Really the only bad thing is that if I remember right, he has an awful record when it comes to comebacks against teams over .500, but then again, can't be perfect at everything. I'm probably so partial to him because his style is an awful lot like Romo's, which I love. Only difference is, Rodgers plays for a franchise whose management isn't stuck up its ass.

I don't specifically mean he is slow because he choose not to work at it, I mean humanly born that slow haha. It almost seems like a struggle for him to run at all!

I also think Luck is up there with Newton and Rodgers. Obviously not as good a thrower as Rodgers, but he is a pocket passer who can be very mobile. Luck also has to carry his offense with average receivers and a not very good o line.

Luck is great when he needs to be on the move. I mean if we were to talk about QB's throwing on the move, different story cause A-Rod is the best at it.

What did we all think about the Pats/Flag event?

Was he going to catch it? no. Should of it been called? maybe

but FUCK the pats lol 

Maybe I'm biased cause I played in a secondary but if it's an uncatchable ball regardless of the defender on Gronk, who cares? He wasn't going to get it even if the defender wasn't there

I hate the Pats, but that was interference. While it looked uncatchable, who knows with how much of an athlete with Gronk is.

at worse it was holding 

Gronk wasn't catching that ball, at best he was knocking the ball out of the hands of the defensive player 

• 2 weeks later...

i just saw that on 9gag. thought it was funny. but none the less im sure Dallas will find a way to choke.  

Oh Romo will choke either way, I just thought I'd let you know it seemed funny after their win yesterday

i just saw that on 9gag. thought it was funny. but none the less im sure Dallas will find a way to choke.  

Romo has actually done a hell of a job closing out games this year. Really, the worst claim against him this season is that he "choked" against Denver, but shit, the guy threw for franchise highs in yards and TDs that game. If you lose a game in which the other team scored 51 points, the QB isn't why you lost.