question?

dalejr88

• Senior Admin

Hate to break it to you pal but we've been using that logo since before that site that you linked the other image from was even registered.

See datestamp Jun 25/13: http://imgur.com/nuOH6ae

Just now, Kendrick said:

Look, you came here man. If you want to come here with an issue be prepared. We don't have to look up anything. I know personally what the Breakaway Forums are and chances are the way you speak, they themselves didn't send you here. You came here on your own accord so that is where you need to come prepared.

Also no money is garnered by both the Breakaway Forums or the VHL, so this is non-issue brought up by a kid it seems.

actually your wrong, they came to me and ask if I could find out who taking our logos. I am no kid

Yeah nothing to see here. However, since he brought it up they copied @Koradek's logo. Interesting though that Koradek has been another leagues and that team over there is Montreal so maybe Koradek designed your logo and you just don't know.

1 minute ago, dalejr88 said:

actually your wrong, they came to me and ask if I could find out who taking our logos. I am no kid

Well they sent the wrong guy. We've been around since 2006-2007 and that logo has been ours since before your site even started the BESL. So again, why did you come here?

I did some digging, this appears to be the thread he's referring to:

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/showthread.php/87947-BESL-NEWS-watch-out?p=2196076

I don't see anyone telling you to dig into it, it looks like you just did it by your own accord (I presume you are FlamesFan)

Just now, dalejr88 said:

who knows, I want no trouble just trying to help the league out, because other league before stole logos 

Of course, we wouldn't want to steal logos either but this one was around before you guys. We are not some new league, we are very old.

Hey There!

I'm one of the staff over at BESL, please disregard my friend here. He's on a little tirade as of late, he really means no harm.

We're not in anyway accusing you guys, SHL or any other sim league of stealing designs, logos etc... it's a bear, a lot of bears look alike.

You can go ahead and ignore my friend here and if you have any questions regarding our league feel free to PM me.

4 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

I did some digging, this appears to be the thread he's referring to:

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/showthread.php/87947-BESL-NEWS-watch-out?p=2196076

I don't see anyone telling you to dig into it, it looks like you just did it by your own accord (I presume you are FlamesFan)

Mizu said:11-04-2016 07:23 PM

That sucks.

Although what comes to the Bears, that's not a total rip off. And then after all I used something as a sample when making that logo.

Just now, BESLRep said:

Hey There!

I'm one of the staff over at BESL, please disregard my friend here. He's on a little tirade as of late, he really means no harm.

We're not in anyway accusing you guys, SHL or any other sim league of stealing designs, logos etc... it's a bear, a lot of bears look alike.

You can go ahead and ignore my friend here and if you have any questions regarding our league feel free to PM me.

No worries man, we in no way have a vision to steal logos and like I mentioned to your friend; we have had our logos designed by actual graphic designers that just so happen to take pride in our site. We hold no ill-will for the poking around, it's you guys (or maybe just one guy) doing their due diligence.

While you are hear though you should let us know if you want to affiliate in some way. I'm all for checking out other sim leagues myself and wouldn't mind you guys poking around here as well.

• Senior Admin
Just now, BESLRep said:

Hey There!

Hi, 

Thanks for stopping by. I was just poking around on your forum and saw some people (even the logo creator) saying it wasn't exactly a ripoff so I kind of figured this guy was a rogue agent. I mean, the guy who made ours is pretty credible so if anything I'd guess it might have been based off the same bear sketch or something. 

Likewise feel free to message me if you have any other questions  :cheers: 

Just now, Mr. Power said:

Yeah figures other dude is just a troll don't worry we won't let this hurt my your league reputation.

Sounds like he isn't even a troll, just a proud member who went out on his own to gain some rep on his own board with pitchforks.

Just now, dalejr88 said:

yea its all good we just had other league steal logo, you guy here have nice sims league, maybe we can join forces one day and find these people doing or friendly completion 

Well we agree, we could join forces! We don't really have any plans on finding other stealing logos because its a lost cause in the end though.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, BESLRep said:

Really appreciate you guys. Dalejr88 isn't a troll per-say he just gets worked up sometimes. We didn't think he was going to spam other leagues.

It's no worries. We know the feeling, not to long ago we came across another league that straight up jacked our main banner and crudely covered up our site name and stuff with their own..

I see lots of Canadians on your site anyways so you can't be too bad :D 

6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Well we agree, we could join forces! We don't really have any plans on finding other stealing logos because its a lost cause in the end though.

yea sorry for the trouble, yeah we have people all over the world on our site. we are always looking for new people you guys have time do two leagues.

Edited by dalejr88

Just now, Draper said:

It's no worries. We know the feeling, not to long ago we came across another league that straight up jacked our main banner and crudely covered up our site name and stuff with their own..

I see lots of Canadians on your site anyways so you can't be too bad :D 

:P Same here, we had someone take our league's logo and crudely replaced the letters with comic sans.

2 minutes ago, BESLRep said:

:P Same here, we had someone take our league's logo and crudely replaced the letters with comic sans.

See that is actually a criminal offence. You can't put Comic Sans on anything