UFC 205 Hype

Devise

Like seriously. This card is insane. 200 was so overrated and overhyped, but this card is a fight fans dream from top to bottom, with the only fight missing being Rouseys return in terms of fights I think a lot of people say they want to see. Also it is hard not to buy into the McGregor hype a little bit. I don't think he is the best fighter in the world or anything, but he is a great fighter who has shown a crazy ability to perform at the biggest and most clutch moments. If he wins on Saturday it'll be pretty crazy just for the two titles thing. As much as he is a hilarious douchebag on the mic his whole approach to just screw weight divisions and keep fighting has always impressed me.

Anyway, this thread needed to exist because I'm sure there is more fight fans on this board. DISCUSS. 

Technically he should give one belt up though, as per UFC's agreement and comment on that.

I don't like Conor because he can sometimes be one of the worst things for the sport and sometimes be a good hype machine. I think the bout to watch on that card the most is Joanna's fight. Technically she is the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC (male or female) and she is so sound on the ground.

Tate better hope that she herself did some training in different areas because the reason she gets beat is because she tends to only train in certain aspects of her game. You need a complete game now as the young fighters coming through train in many different disciplines. 

UFC is a second rate organization though, there is a reason fighters are going to Bellator now.

13 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Technically he should give one belt up though, as per UFC's agreement and comment on that.

I don't like Conor because he can sometimes be one of the worst things for the sport and sometimes be a good hype machine. I think the bout to watch on that card the most is Joanna's fight. Technically she is the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC (male or female) and she is so sound on the ground.

Tate better hope that she herself did some training in different areas because the reason she gets beat is because she tends to only train in certain aspects of her game. You need a complete game now as the young fighters coming through train in many different disciplines. 

UFC is a second rate organization though, there is a reason fighters are going to Bellator now.

Tito Ortis vs Ken Shamrock in 2017 is not just second rate it's Donald Trump being President jokes. Oh and Dada 5000 vs Kimbo. It's all the roided over the hill fighters who hate the fact that the UFC is becoming more like a real sport in terms of the fighting now. By that I mean far more scientific than it ever has been. The game is at it's highest form imo. Sure the pre fight stuff is far more WWE than it ever was, but for my money thats a good thing. I want the real sport in the ring with the WWE hype videos and bullshit selling me on why I should care about these fighters. It provides a unique set of pressures on fighters who need to be more than just good in the cage, but good with the crowd our on the mic as well. 

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

The over-the-hill fighters?

Other than Rory, who has left that is truly still relevant.

Money wise, you'll see a lot more. I'm just saying the UFC treats its fighters like shit and a once contracts run out the fighters are now thinking of going elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

Tito Ortis vs Ken Shamrock in 2017 is not just second rate it's Donald Trump being President jokes. Oh and Dada 5000 vs Kimbo. It's all the roided over the hill fighters who hate the fact that the UFC is becoming more like a real sport in terms of the fighting now. By that I mean far more scientific than it ever has been. The game is at it's highest form imo. Sure the pre fight stuff is far more WWE than it ever was, but for my money thats a good thing. I want the real sport in the ring with the WWE hype videos and bullshit selling me on why I should care about these fighters. It provides a unique set of pressures on fighters who need to be more than just good in the cage, but good with the crowd our on the mic as well. 

The sport itself is evolving, I get that. The business side of the UFC however is screwed up with so much politics that it makes it hard to watch. 

You need to differentiate the two. The sport of Mixed Martial Arts and the company known as UFC are not the exact same. The sport is a sport, the company is just the biggest company that holds those fights/bouts. Dana's in behind shit makes it really hard to respect the man, and in the past year you've seen a lot more fighters vocal about that side of things. There is a reason Pride and K1 were/are a better reflection on the sport itself. You want the science of the sport? Watch old Pride fights and K1 fights. I get both you and Chris are big WWE fans so it could appeal to you, but the UFC in itself is not the best reflection of the MMA world.

@Kendrick I've actually stopped watching WWE and only watch limited wresting all together. I've watched tons of Pride and K1, as we went through some on YT and Fightpass (me and my roomate, not me and Chris). But there is a reality that people like you don't always like to admit. Bullshit sells. It simply does. McGregor pretending to throw a chair and throw bottles at people and talk at the mouth draws PPV buys. A healthy MMA is healthy at most when the companies in large succeed. UFC is succeeding. 

Not that I disagree with you entirely mind you. I think a lot of things need to change over the course of the UFC in the coming years. A fighters union of some sort is a must, and the UFC needs to do a better job trying to build stars alongside McGregor. But disregarding the aspect of UFC that helps make ti far more unique than any other legitimate sport, that being it's ability to throw a little WWE in there due to the nature of a one vs one fight as opposed to it being a team thing is and has been compelling. It's not like I'm sitting here believing it. McGregor doesn't even, he knows he's not the greatest fighter ever, I mean he was stopped by Diaz and took it humbly. But by allowing fighters to lean in and roleplay just enough, it creates more interesting narratives around fights.

Look at Micheal Bisping, one of my favorite fighter stories. Trashy mouth, solid fighter, decently consistent, good chin, scrappy. But could never climb the hurdle. But due to the quality of the sport, the competition, and how persistent he was at keeping up with the ever changing MMA game he now finds himself as a Champion with records etc. Narratives are more compelling when they aren't the Olympic format. By that I mean "Well this guy is seeded 1 so he has to fight the number two seeded fighter". If it's too much of a formula, if it's too legitimate, it's boring. It's boxing. And it's why as much as I hate some of the things Dana has done I also have to respect some of the things he has done. The UFC has managed to present itself as both a legitimate sport product, but also embody an attitude that a lot of pro sports don't have. To me what needs to be adjusted is where and when they use that type of attitude, or more specifically what type of decisions they let that attitude make. Having Dana at a press conference, being non PC being literal with the audience talking about ticket sales/numbers and bonus's shit talking with the fighters. It feels modern, it's not this NBC Politically Correct bullshit. That is fine. But when it comes to fighters health, fighters pay, throwing in enough logical booking so that fight rankings still matter and building interesting stories around those rankings? Yeah sure, ground to be made up.

But that said as I recognize the sport is way more than UFC, UFC still is on a tear this year. So many title changes, so many fights where my interest in the fight was more emotional or involved. Not just with McGregor either. It carries over. Enough people are trying to do post fight speeches and promo's and market themselves a little while still being solid fighters and the fight quality and consistency this year has all been pretty high. Where as I can't say the same for Bellator, so saying it's better seems crazy to me. Both companies have huge LOL moments, and CM Punk in a UFC ring certainly qualifies. But Bellator has LOL moments every few months it seems, as they continually rely on fighters who are so far past their prime they would actually legit get hurt if they fought some of the studs in the UFC. Bellator has no choice, guys like Shamrock Ortiz etc they are names, and they are just trying to get as many eyes on their product as possible. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

@Kendrick I've actually stopped watching WWE and only watch limited wresting all together. I've watched tons of Pride and K1, as we went through some on YT and Fightpass (me and my roomate, not me and Chris). But there is a reality that people like you don't always like to admit. Bullshit sells. It simply does. McGregor pretending to throw a chair and throw bottles at people and talk at the mouth draws PPV buys. A healthy MMA is healthy at most when the companies in large succeed. UFC is succeeding. 

Not that I disagree with you entirely mind you. I think a lot of things need to change over the course of the UFC in the coming years. A fighters union of some sort is a must, and the UFC needs to do a better job trying to build stars alongside McGregor. But disregarding the aspect of UFC that helps make ti far more unique than any other legitimate sport, that being it's ability to throw a little WWE in there due to the nature of a one vs one fight as opposed to it being a team thing is and has been compelling. It's not like I'm sitting here believing it. McGregor doesn't even, he knows he's not the greatest fighter ever, I mean he was stopped by Diaz and took it humbly. But by allowing fighters to lean in and roleplay just enough, it creates more interesting narratives around fights.

Look at Micheal Bisping, one of my favorite fighter stories. Trashy mouth, solid fighter, decently consistent, good chin, scrappy. But could never climb the hurdle. But due to the quality of the sport, the competition, and how persistent he was at keeping up with the ever changing MMA game he now finds himself as a Champion with records etc. Narratives are more compelling when they aren't the Olympic format. By that I mean "Well this guy is seeded 1 so he has to fight the number two seeded fighter". If it's too much of a formula, if it's too legitimate, it's boring. It's boxing. And it's why as much as I hate some of the things Dana has done I also have to respect some of the things he has done. The UFC has managed to present itself as both a legitimate sport product, but also embody an attitude that a lot of pro sports don't have. To me what needs to be adjusted is where and when they use that type of attitude, or more specifically what type of decisions they let that attitude make. Having Dana at a press conference, being non PC being literal with the audience talking about ticket sales/numbers and bonus's shit talking with the fighters. It feels modern, it's not this NBC Politically Correct bullshit. That is fine. But when it comes to fighters health, fighters pay, throwing in enough logical booking so that fight rankings still matter and building interesting stories around those rankings? Yeah sure, ground to be made up.

But that said as I recognize the sport is way more than UFC, UFC still is on a tear this year. So many title changes, so many fights where my interest in the fight was more emotional or involved. Not just with McGregor either. It carries over. Enough people are trying to do post fight speeches and promo's and market themselves a little while still being solid fighters and the fight quality and consistency this year has all been pretty high. Where as I can't say the same for Bellator, so saying it's better seems crazy to me. Both companies have huge LOL moments, and CM Punk in a UFC ring certainly qualifies. But Bellator has LOL moments every few months it seems, as they continually rely on fighters who are so far past their prime they would actually legit get hurt if they fought some of the studs in the UFC. Bellator has no choice, guys like Shamrock Ortiz etc they are names, and they are just trying to get as many eyes on their product as possible. 

Oh no, I will be the first to admit bullshit sells. I see you on level minds there. The UFC is smart because the bullshit and drama in behind each fight is what sells it. That doesn't make it the company with the best product in the octagon. I'm not saying UFC isn't succeeding right now. What I am telling you is that Bellator is creeping up in ratings, that's a fact; not just something I made up.

I have a long history with the sport of MMA and have been around it well down into my youth and the UFC doesn't preach respect and integrity (something MMA fighters are brought up to do). It is now about who can out trash talk the other fighter before the bout, and although we both agree that that sells; it's not what MMA is brought up on. You can change your style, techniques, science of fighting, weight cutting tactics but never should you allow your product to change it's humbleness/class. That is something the UFC has failed  to realize and quite frankly that is why a large majority of fighters have come out and said that Dana and the UFC treats its fighters like dogs in a show race and not like actual employees giving back to the company.

I'm not arguing against the UFC being a legit company for showcasing talent, I'm arguing that the UFC is slowly losing it's value a little with the way they treat talent and how they portray themselves to traditional MMA fighters/audiences and legends.

You say there are more LOL moments in Bellator but also failed to mention that Rousey got beat and when she decides to come back she gets a top shot at the title? Or how UFC (Dana himself) mentioned that Conor should have to drop one belt at one weight class if he chooses to fight out of that weight class and grab a belt elsewhere? UFC says one thing and does another. The problem lies that they are so focused on giving you that drama filled press-conference followed by a fight that they don't see the actual integrity behind it. How has Ronda not fought Cyborg before she fights Nunes? Hard to explain all those and then say that the UFC prides itself on rewarding people like Bisping. Yes he had to climb the ranks but what about the other people who didn't flake out on the UFC like Ronda did? That didn't stay at home instead of coming to a press event like Conor? Just so many questions and don't get me started on the Reebok deal.

That is fair. For me some of that just boils down to the UFC learning how to build stars who aren't just "trash talking." You can have a respectable character that sells, it's just a matter of making sure those people are comfortable doing that, and presenting it in a way that sells. Besides almost all the fighters still hug and shake post fight, and it's stayed that way.

I also don't have a problem with Rousey getting a title shot when she returned. She wasn't just a good champion she defined the division. Sure the Cyborg vs Rousey fight is great but it makes total sense why Rouseys camp wasn't open to doing that just yet. She needs to get her confidence back if she wants to even stand a chance at taking down Cyborg anyway. Plus there is different weight division and stuff to account for. It's the same with the McGregor stuff with the two belts. All that gets cleared up when the UFC properly realigns it's weight divisions. The fact that Mighty Mouse and Cruz fight in two different weight classes is insane. There are simply too many weights, and fighters leverage that shit to cut to a specific point where their mass and reach is best for that division. Hell McGregor did that exact thing. I'm not saying it needs to be drastically less. But some of the weight divisions can be a bit broader in terms of definition with some getting cut imo. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

That is fair. For me some of that just boils down to the UFC learning how to build stars who aren't just "trash talking." You can have a respectable character that sells, it's just a matter of making sure those people are comfortable doing that, and presenting it in a way that sells. Besides almost all the fighters still hug and shake post fight, and it's stayed that way.

I also don't have a problem with Rousey getting a title shot when she returned. She wasn't just a good champion she defined the division. Sure the Cyborg vs Rousey fight is great but it makes total sense why Rouseys camp wasn't open to doing that just yet. She needs to get her confidence back if she wants to even stand a chance at taking down Cyborg anyway. Plus there is different weight division and stuff to account for. It's the same with the McGregor stuff with the two belts. All that gets cleared up when the UFC properly realigns it's weight divisions. The fact that Mighty Mouse and Cruz fight in two different weight classes is insane. There are simply too many weights, and fighters leverage that shit to cut to a specific point where their mass and reach is best for that division. Hell McGregor did that exact thing. I'm not saying it needs to be drastically less. But some of the weight divisions can be a bit broader in terms of definition with some getting cut imo. 

But she also defined how not to lose. I get losing is tough but for someone that was a role model for young girls, to lose and then say you are ready to end it all? Come on now Ronda. Champions lose (I don't know a good fighter out there who is undefeated) but the way she lost after the fight was in her actions. She defined an ungrateful loser with too much ego to allow her to just shake Holm's hand and say that she got beat fair and square. That right there is the person they gave a shot to as soon as she came back.

So if she wants confidence back she can't actually paint her next fight as the biggest one or we better not here her pumping her own tires considering this one is just a "confidence booster". 

See you brought up a good point, it all gets cleared up with the weight divisions but yet it should've been cleared up before considering Dana went back on his word (which he does so often). Blaming it on weight divisions isn't a cop out, but it is an exact point no why the UFC is mismanaged by the ego driven Dana White. Sorry, for me UFC is a good pay-per-view pusher but not a great MMA display and quite frankly that is why I stopped paying for PPV.

This event is going to be amazing. I'll be watching it from start to finish, prelims to main card. I'm so excited.

Jim Miller vs Thiago Alves - I like both of these guys, and Alves has been pretty good lately as well. It's crazy to think that it was so long ago at UFC 100 that Alves faced off against GSP.

Luque vs Mohammed - I don't know much about Mohammed, but Luque was a great watch during TUF and has been getting some crazy KO's lately. I'm rooting for him.

Natal vs Boetch - Don't care much for either guy, but Boetch always has seemed like an up and comer for so long now. Always gets some good streak going then loses. I'll root for him.

Nurmagomedov vs Johnson - Man, Nurma's been through some shit. Undefeated, but always injured. I've always liked Michael Johnson since his TUF days, but I still want Khabib to win. He poses a real threat to whoever wins between McGregor and Alvarez. I think Conor vs Khabib would be huge, but either way would be. This Michael Johnson/Khabib fight will definitely be interesting, especially after Johnson's KO of Poirier.

Frankie Edgar vs Jeremy Stephens - I love Edgar, but I also love Stephens. I really hate that one of these guys has to lose here. Frankie has always been a title threat or a title holder, and I doubt he'd beat McGregor at featherweight. Stephens always poses that KO power, whether it be flashy or not, but him vs Edgar is going to be awesome.

Tate vs Pennington - Pennington I've been a fan of since she was on TUF as well, and it will be something to see for her to face off against the fighter (Tate) who coached her in that TUF season. Meisha Tate is such a good person and such a dog fighter, but so is Raquel. Although Pennington is more of a brawler and Tate is a ground gamer. I'm not sure who I want to win here, but I think I'd rather Tate win again. Pennington is young enough to battle back. I suppose Tate's only 30 still though but she's been through some hard battles.

Cerrone vs Gastelum - Gotta say, I'm rooting for Cerrone here. Such a good guy, and such a no bullshit fighter as well. Always willing to fight anybody at any notice. It sucked to see him get destroyed by RDA, so it's nice to see him do what he can do against another division. It's not that I don't like Gastelum either, but I'm just a Cerrone fan.

Weidman vs Romero - Romero is a destroyer, but I'm going for Weidman. I mean, I have no idea who is going to win this one, but Weidman always seems to have everyone against him, especially in those Anderson Silva days. I hope THE CHRIS can get back to the top. It's hard to doubt Yoel Romero though.

Karolina vs Joanna - Yes, I just avoided spelling their Polish last names. I gotta go with Joanna Champion here. In all the TUF and Embeddeds and other videos I've seen, I love this girl. She's an assassin as well.

Woodley vs Thompson - I really want Wonder Boy to win this one, but Woodley would be fine with me as well. I think Thompson could have the right game plan for Tyron though. I remember back to the Rory vs Tyron fight in Vancouver, where Rory kept Tyron against the cage and was good at moving in and out. Tyron couldn't do much.

McGregor vs Alvarez - Honestly, I couldn't care less who actually wins this one. Obviously, I love watching both of these guys fan and I'm a fan of both of their fighting styles, but either way there would be some good fights in the future. If Conor wins, then we get to see him face guys like Khabib, Johnson, Ferguson, RDA, etc. If Conor loses, then he'll have to go back to Featherweight and rematch Aldo, or face Stephens, Edgar, etc. I'd be fine with either outcome. Although, I'd love to see Alvarez just KO him as well, shutting down that hype train and showing the world that he's not God. Alvarez is a bulldog.

I never planned on writing all this and I don't know why I did. Should be a great time to watch it all. :)

Sucks about Cowboy. I was fine with Connor at the press conference. He was being goofy but everyone else is wearing suits now and he always has a "we do way too many press conferences in the digital age" viewpoint. Which I agree with him on. I don't see what the issue would be having the fighters post videos of themselves talking trash as a hype machine save for the wicked ass music video type productions they do. (That is still one of the only things I'll ever admit WWE does good. :P

Also.....regarding the "weigh ins". Man this needs to stop. As in they already are weighed in by the time they do the whole big deal thing. They make them take their shirts off stand on a scale for half a second to "re-confirm" a weigh in, and then do a face off. Why? Why is the scale even still there? Let them pose on the stage, announce the weight they had at the real weigh ins which now happen in the morning, and use it as an opportunity to just promote the fight like they do normally. It's silly. 

Ronda showed up too and man I do not feel confident anymore about her. I felt going in I needed a statement from her, something to make me think that the HUGE, let me say again HUGE loss she suffered didn't effect her. But in MMA losing can hurt your pysche. Much less getting knocked the fuck out that badly. We've seen countless times fighters who get knocked out roughly have both pyche and chin problems in future fights. It often leads to that type of stuff repeating. Even to legends of the sport. The fact that she walked off silently, and likely doesn't want to talk about any of it...I just don't think she's here anymore. Her head isn't in the game. If Nunes KO's or submits Rousey in brutal fashion that is the end of Ronda's career imo.

She never responded like Conor did to his loss. He took it humbly, talked on the mic, but most importantly confidently wanted a rematch. I really felt Ronda lost herself the fight against Holm so I thought maybe her story would go similar, but how she has and continues to deal with it? I don't know. Maybe she has a statement win against Nunes and bounces back, but I feel very uneasy about that. I mean nobody likes getting beat up or knocked out, but Kendrick alluded to in this thread previously she said she was contemplating suicide post that loss. She seems like the type of person to me who really hates losing, and even more she hasn't ever been in much of a brawl in most of her fights. I think maybe the taste of fame made her realize that not fighting is a lot better. We'll see though. 

Edited by Mr. Power

19 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Here are all the reasons you're wrong about the UFC, Kendrick

>Here are all the reasons the UFC is fucking up

Haha sounds good.

Oh look, more black and white posting leveraged to get a response. Great job. I'm glad I make statements like "here are all the reasons your wrong" when I don't. But go ahead, keep going. Sorry for simply trying to have a good back n forth on dialogue with you that was my mistake. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Oh look, more black and white posting leveraged to get a response. Great job. I'm glad I make statements like "here are all the reasons your wrong" when I don't. But go ahead, keep going. Sorry for simply trying to have a good back n forth on dialogue with you that was my mistake. 

No but you stated how big and mighty it was and then griped it in the next post. Sort of speaks volumes about the organization if in one post its the best thing since sliced bread and then...here are all the reasons its not.

i don't know how anyone can be fine with what Conor did in the press conferences. That just is a mockery of the MMA world because thats not at all what that stands for. Sure it sells tickets and gets people talking but you have to separate business and discipline for once as well.

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

No but you stated how big and mighty it was and then griped it in the next post. Sort of speaks volumes about the organization if in one post its the best thing since sliced bread and then...here are all the reasons its not.

Look at these continued reductionist arguments. For the record, it is possible to have a complex opinion on the subject. I didn't state how big and mighty it was. I stated how PERSONALLY I felt it was one of the best years of UFC and listed a series of reasons why. I am still fully entitled to criticize and judge things about the UFC on other platforms. There is nowhere where I said it's the best thing since sliced bread, or perfect. One opinion can't just be reduced to your clear view black and white picture of something.

There is a big picture sure, but inside of that picture are layers of varying opinions. Exampe: I think the game of hockey has progressed to a very healthy and entertaining point. But that doesn't mean I think that there is NOTHING wrong with it. Again, your either incompetent or trolling, most likely trolling. So there is no point in me letting this bullshit refusal that there is a multitude of things about something you can talk about. I mean in this specific instance I said that the big reason I thought UFC was on a tear this year was because of fight quality, mixed in with enough big moments/title changes. My opinions on how they have reduced the weigh ins shouldn't really FACTOR into that. Especially since none of the comment I made were some fan boy bullshit of "UFC IS DA BEST GUYS" :P 

Edited by Mr. Power

In other news, card tonight, whose watching?

I know likely @DollarAndADream @Advantage and I'm assuming your watching as well Kendrick? I'm super bummed to not see Cowboy again, he's been a beast in this weight class. Any predictions for FOTN? Think Jim Miller vs Alves might have a chance, but I could also see Khabib vs Johnson stealing the show. But really a lot of fights on this card could end up taking that haha. 

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

It's PPV, why would I dish out money for PPV UFC? After all this discussion haha

That being said I probably won't buy it but the guys will and I'll watch it at the gym with them if they still go in on it.

For what it's worth I don't purchase either. I don't like the format of PPV, I feel it's outdated, we either go to the bar or find a stream. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

For what it's worth I don't purchase either. I don't like the format of PPV, I feel it's outdated, we either go to the bar or find a stream. 

Format? Like the UFC format because thats actually thing they do right. Prelims are supposed to get people to bite last minute to but the PPV (I would think some do at least).

The guys at the gym all have paid UFC passes (some are former UFC/Pride fighters). I have done some self-defence classes with them leading as well, but most of my time is obviously spent working out. It's just a good environment to be around altogether.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Format? Like the UFC format because thats actually thing they do right. Prelims are supposed to get people to bite last minute to but the PPV (I would think some do at least).

The guys at the gym all have paid UFC passes (some are former UFC/Pride fighters). I have done some self-defence classes with them leading as well, but most of my time is obviously spent working out. It's just a good environment to be around altogether.

We pay for Fight Pass, but I meant more the format of how a PPV works. Shelling out $60+ for every big PPV still makes a lot of money, but in a digital age where more and more sports and other related services are just offering you one yearly subscription access to everything, I refuse to pay that kind of money per PPV for every one. Charge me $200 a year and give me everything as far as I'm concerned, similar to how NHL does it. Although I get NHL for free because of my Rogers phone. :P 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

We pay for Fight Pass, but I meant more the format of how a PPV works. Shelling out $60+ for every big PPV still makes a lot of money, but in a digital age where more and more sports and other related services are just offering you one yearly subscription access to everything, I refuse to pay that kind of money per PPV for every one. Charge me $200 a year and give me everything as far as I'm concerned, similar to how NHL does it. Although I get NHL for free because of my Rogers phone. :P 

Welcome to the world of UFC, where they con people into giving them close to a grand every year just to watch their favourite fighters. They don't give a shit. I'm serious they don't because that money goes to paying fighters who often times don't even respect the people paying.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Welcome to the world of UFC, where they con people into giving them close to a grand every year just to watch their favourite fighters. They don't give a shit. I'm serious they don't because that money goes to paying fighters who often times don't even respect the people paying.

I mean I agree with you. :P Like I said, just because I think the fight quality, hype, and surprise moments have been good this year in UFC doesn't mean I think everything they touch is gold. It's why I'm hoping some of this new ownership understands that some changes need to be made.