UFC 205 Hype

Devise

2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I mean I agree with you. :P Like I said, just because I think the fight quality, hype, and surprise moments have been good this year in UFC doesn't mean I think everything they touch is gold. It's why I'm hoping some of this new ownership understands that some changes need to be made. 

It sucks because if new ownership had anyway they'd get Dana out of there. He might be the face behind the organization, but the guy has been a cancer for the past 2 years for the sport in general.

I wish everyone could be around Brazilian MMA fighters day in and day out. When I met Wanderlai in July, despite this guys historic past and great success he met me and acted like I was the big deal. He was nothing but class and graceful and I couldn't hold a candle to him in any MMA way. In August I met Rony "Jason" and he was the same way (except a bit more edgy). Brazilians grow up and the sport of MMA is a badge of pride, respect and something they strive to be the best at while keeping their friends close.

Pretty great card. Lots to say but for now I'll just say McGregor looked outstanding and love him or hate him coming through like that in those big moments with the crowd roaring, those are the sports memories you always remember. Again it's why I'm fine with him being a douchebag and calling his shots, because simply as a story if he's right and if he's good like he was tonight, it's simply entertaining to watch. 

Yeah, that was probably McGregor's best showing yet...crazy. Wonder what he does now. He says he wanted to have his kid and have a break.

Woodley said he's up for the challenge if Conor wants him. I want to see Conor fight Khabib, but Conor said he wants guys who consistently fight, not someone like Khabib. I'd be happy if he fights either Khabib or Ferguson. Either that or do Diaz/McGregor III while Khabib/Ferguson decide who the real #1 contender is, since they basically both are.

Fucking Yoel Romero. That was brutal what he did to Weidman. Poor Weidman has 2 devastating losses in a row.

Wonderboy/Woodley likely going for a rematch if Conor doesn't decide he wants to try for Woodley's belt. Who knows. Majority draw. Woodley definitely put Thompson in the most danger, but Thompson was pressing the whole fight and had Woodley on the defense. I thought he won at least 3 rounds. Ah, well. Great fight, nonetheless.

5 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, that was probably McGregor's best showing yet...crazy. Wonder what he does now. He says he wanted to have his kid and have a break.

Woodley said he's up for the challenge if Conor wants him. I want to see Conor fight Khabib, but Conor said he wants guys who consistently fight, not someone like Khabib. I'd be happy if he fights either Khabib or Ferguson. Either that or do Diaz/McGregor III while Khabib/Ferguson decide who the real #1 contender is, since they basically both are.

Fucking Yoel Romero. That was brutal what he did to Weidman. Poor Weidman has 2 devastating losses in a row.

Wonderboy/Woodley likely going for a rematch if Conor doesn't decide he wants to try for Woodley's belt. Who knows. Majority draw. Woodley definitely put Thompson in the most danger, but Thompson was pressing the whole fight and had Woodley on the defense. I thought he won at least 3 rounds. Ah, well. Great fight, nonetheless.

No no no, just let it die with the Diaz/McGregor stuff. Conor needs to give up one belt. What really needs to happen is for whatever belt Conor isn't defending, he gives up. No more of this waiting a full year before he defends a belt at a weight class. If you are a belt holder in two weight classes, it means you better be willing and able to fight in both weight classes a lot sooner than other fighters. Why? Well it's a hard thing to do but he went for it so he has to be ready.

Woodley is a champ and I enjoyed watching him again.

That Guillotine though.

7 hours ago, Kendrick said:

No no no, just let it die with the Diaz/McGregor stuff. Conor needs to give up one belt. What really needs to happen is for whatever belt Conor isn't defending, he gives up. No more of this waiting a full year before he defends a belt at a weight class. If you are a belt holder in two weight classes, it means you better be willing and able to fight in both weight classes a lot sooner than other fighters. Why? Well it's a hard thing to do but he went for it so he has to be ready.

Woodley is a champ and I enjoyed watching him again.

That Guillotine though.

I never said I didn't want him to give up a belt. That's part of what I was saying. I wouldn't mind him fighting at either FW or LW, but whatever he chooses, he needs to give up the other one.

Also, with Diaz I mean for it to be for the LW title. That wouldn't be making guys wait another year. I don't want guys to have to wait either.

I don't really want Diaz to fight McG again either, but I know that's something they're thinking for the money. What I want is Nurmagomedov vs McGregor or Ferguson vs McGregor. I've already heard Conor in the press conference say he wants somebody consistent though, which isn't Khabib. That's what he said when they brought up Khabib. But Conor already stated at that conference as well that he wants a break to have his baby and wants a piece of the UFC. He said they have to talk to him if he's going to fight again, lol.

I totally agree with you on being ready to defend 2 belts if they let him keep it. Dana has said from the start that he's going to have to give one up, but we know how Dana is after he talks to Conor. Usually he goes back on his word.

Provided he's successful though couldn't he just defend against Ferguson at FW first, since he just won LW and then regardless of whether he wins against Ferguson he can defend the LW in his next one. I mean the guy fights like every 3 months, so even factoring in the child stuff you mentioned that wasn't till May they were expecting. That is far enough away I see him fighting before that. They are coming back to NY to Brooklyn in Feb at 209, I could easily see him vs Ferguson, him vs Khabib or him vs Diaz 3 happening at that show. That would give him ample time to then spend the spring with his new family and not come back probably till late summer/fall of next year. But I still say he probably fights at least 3 times next year, at least. Especially if they do give him what he wants negotiation wise, and how fresh he is from this fight. 

I also don't think it's impossible that they don't just merge weight divisions and make everyone else get in line. You have a champ with two belts, the two divisions are literally 10 pound difference. Then give take that top 4 combo of Connor, Khabib, Diaz and Ferguson and match em up however way you want and your fine. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Provided he's successful though couldn't he just defend against Ferguson at FW first, since he just won LW and then regardless of whether he wins against Ferguson he can defend the LW in his next one. I mean the guy fights like every 3 months, so even factoring in the child stuff you mentioned that wasn't till May they were expecting. That is far enough away I see him fighting before that. They are coming back to NY to Brooklyn in Feb at 209, I could easily see him vs Ferguson, him vs Khabib or him vs Diaz 3 happening at that show. That would give him ample time to then spend the spring with his new family and not come back probably till late summer/fall of next year. But I still say he probably fights at least 3 times next year, at least. Especially if they do give him what he wants negotiation wise, and how fresh he is from this fight. 

I also don't think it's impossible that they don't just merge weight divisions and make everyone else get in line. You have a champ with two belts, the two divisions are literally 10 pound difference. Then give take that top 4 combo of Connor, Khabib, Diaz and Ferguson and match em up however way you want and your fine. 

Well, Ferguson is LW, so if he fights Tony Ferguson first it will be at LW.

Man, RDS has gone downhill. Gets demolished by Alvarez, then handily beat by Ferguson in a unanimous decision where Ferguson was getting all flowy.

As much as I'd love Khabib next, I'm a big Ferguson fan and he means no bullshit as well. He doesn't give any fucks about trash talk. Calling Khabib, RDS, and Alvarez a bitch. Lol. 

Who knows how the UFC will line up these fighters over the next while. Either way, we got some amazing events coming our way.