VHLM Waiver Discussion

Yeah just who cares if there is a revolving door of GM's. As long as it makes other GM's happy right? That's real better overall for the VHLM right? LMFAO!

See hard to debate something with an attitude like that. Just discuss it, don't degrade it.

At this stage I just hear excuses as to why people aren't claiming guys (when their team might be tanking anyways). Thus, VHLM Draft lottery should be a thing. Done

I am aware of that, and perhaps that's because people are more focused on winning and get bored, opposed to the true purpose of the VHLM which is to promote activity.

There is only so much that so many people can do. It should be an effort and I stated in a post before there should be some sort of recruitment drive with incentives for reaching so much TPE or something.

See hard to debate something with an attitude like that. Just discuss it, don't degrade it.

At this stage I just hear excuses as to why people aren't claiming guys (when their team might be tanking anyways). Thus, VHLM Draft lottery should be a thing. Done

For about the 3rd or 4th time, it's hard to claim someone when someone else with higher priority comes in and grabs them.

There is only so much that so many people can do. It should be an effort and I stated in a post before there should be some sort of recruitment drive with incentives for reaching so much TPE or something.

I am all for that and an incitement to keep first generation players active. However, it's sort of sad it has come down to rewarding something in the job description.

Recruitment Drive? It's useless if our waiver/draft ways are flawed. I suggested a Recruitment drive a couple weeks ago and in the bOG we are discussing that. However, if we get him here, i have no faith we will hold onto them (mainly because of this waiver shit).

• Admin

What this thread has definitely shown me is there is no good reason to not assign players to teams after 72 hours of being available.

This will be implemented with immediate effect unless someone makes a reasonable counterargument.

For about the 3rd or 4th time, it's hard to claim someone when someone else with higher priority comes in and grabs them.

You tried to claim 1 guy. Don't give me that.

Recruitment Drive? It's useless if our waiver/draft ways are flawed. I suggested a Recruitment drive a couple weeks ago and in the bOG we are discussing that. However, if we get him here, i have no faith we will hold onto them (mainly because of this waiver shit).

Maybe once a team claims someone they move to the bottom of the priority list.

I am all for that and an incitement to keep first generation players active. However, it's sort of sad it has come down to rewarding something in the job description.

One could also make the valid statement that when a job is of importance, people who hold that job deserve some sort of reward.

Maybe once a team claims someone they move to the bottom of the priority list.

That is the current system? Not sure what you are getting at.

So I think im going to give my opinion. As everyone knows im not the best when it comes to activity in either league, I'll say this though the oly reason im back is because Joey (Kendrick) pm'd me.

When i was in the minors no one contacted me, talked or even showed interest in anyone (except re-creates) \, then when I went inactive after i was undrafted into the VHL I lost hope. 3 weeks later Joey pmed me asking what it would take to get me back, After we spoke I ame back and yes im behind in my player but im having more fun now.

The fact of how BS the VHLM is is making me not want to recreate because it would be pointless.

JS a pm goes along way. 

This will be implemented with immediate effect unless someone makes a reasonable counterargument.

Well obviously, and one could say 3 days is even too long. People want to see their players play immediately.

Oh and incentive for VHLM GMs will also be implemented retroactive to the start of the season (this is 1 TPE for each new member who gets to 50 TPE) unless someone makes a good counterargument for that.

I agree with this as well. On a roll

One could also make the valid statement that when a job is of importance, people who hold that job deserve some sort of reward.

Your point is valid, but more so for members who keep their jobs for several seasons? What's the point of rewarding a new GM. Consistency should be proven and then rewarded? Just a suggestion.

Oh and incentive for VHLM GMs will also be implemented retroactive to the start of the season (this is 1 TPE for each new member who gets to 50 TPE) unless someone makes a good counterargument for that.

Thank you Victor. This is something huge for the league. I hope more people will try and bring people in.

• Admin

Well obviously, and one could say 3 days is even too long. People want to see their players play immediately.

Yeah maybe 2 days.

This means once a player joins there's 24 hours to claim him using priority, then 24 hours to claim him for free, and then he gets assigned to a team.

Your point is valid, but more so for members who keep their jobs for several seasons? What's the point of rewarding a new GM. Consistency should be proven and then rewarded? Just a suggestion.

I think you are right on a general terms for many other things. In this league though we run on a week to week basis so Sterling is correct. Even if a guy is a new GM, if he gets a first generation member to stay active until 50 TPE, he should get a reward.