Next Wave of 2nd players?

Banackock

8 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

the point being, we have people who dont give a shit about their 2nd players who are inactive and or retired already. shut up molholt :P 

The EXACT same thing can be said about people and their 1st player - so, the system is working exactly as it should. It is giving a realistic group of people 2nd players, not just the elite all at once, which would give us one stacked draft class and then a bunch of shit classes with shitty 2nd players.

26 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Keep running lotteries for eternity so that Kendrick can keep being irrationally mad at it! 

:ph34r: 

Why do you always chime in like I'm mad at you or anyone? I'm mad at the process and very limited discussion on it before it was introduced. The entire point of it was to create a bunch of 2nd players that allows for league parity, but there needs to be a system to weed out people that might have checked in for 2 days and entered the lottery, and then went inactive again.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Why do you always chime in like I'm mad at you or anyone? I'm mad at the process and very limited discussion on it before it was introduced. The entire point of it was to create a bunch of 2nd players that allows for league parity, but there needs to be a system to weed out people that might have checked in for 2 days and entered the lottery, and then went inactive again.

Because I disagree with that sentiment. I think it's working wonderfully. But that was just a joke anyway. However, if you're allowed to chime in all over the place, I'd say I can too - and it doesn't mean it has anything to do with you being mad or not..

7 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Because I disagree with that sentiment. I think it's working wonderfully. But that was just a joke anyway. However, if you're allowed to chime in all over the place, I'd say I can too - and it doesn't mean it has anything to do with you being mad or not..

I only said that because it was the second time I could recall you saying something about this topic when I've commented.

The point of the 2nd player process was to pump players in the VHL to increase parity. Having 4-5 go either retired/inactive before they are drafted just makes the entire thing somewhat pointless in the number area. It would've been best to do a lottery for 6 members for each draft (because there our careers are 8 years long) and all 6 of them be active. Some may say the way it is now is realistic, and that is 100% correct but the point of this wasn't for realism, it was for parity. I just think a system in place where in order to submit your name to the lottery you had to update your current player each week for the past 8 weeks leading up to the lottery. But 10 players seems a bit much when some are retired or inactive already. HabsfanfromOntario could literally come back to the site and enter his name right now for the lottery and be chosen. (I used his name because he has had about 30 player sin this league).

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

I only said that because it was the second time I could recall you saying something about this topic when I've commented.

The point of the 2nd player process was to pump players in the VHL to increase parity. Having 4-5 go either retired/inactive before they are drafted just makes the entire thing somewhat pointless in the number area. It would've been best to do a lottery for 6 members for each draft (because there our careers are 8 years long) and all 6 of them be active. Some may say the way it is now is realistic, and that is 100% correct but the point of this wasn't for realism, it was for parity. I just think a system in place where in order to submit your name to the lottery you had to update your current player each week for the past 8 weeks leading up to the lottery. But 10 players seems a bit much when some are retired or inactive already. HabsfanfromOntario could literally come back to the site and enter his name right now for the lottery and be chosen. (I used his name because he has had about 30 player sin this league).

I'd have to look, because I honestly haven't researched the part I'm about to say, but if you want there to be 6 active people who meet the criteria in each, and instead we have 10 members and some will go inactive, we've gotta be close to 6 actives in each one, right?

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

I'd have to look, because I honestly haven't researched the part I'm about to say, but if you want there to be 6 active people who meet the criteria in each, and instead we have 10 members and some will go inactive, we've gotta be close to 6 actives in each one, right?

That you would be correct. Which now you will respond with "Well then what is the issue?". The issue is who is able to enter the lottery. It just is disappointing watching inactives and recreates now under the 10 player way when some of us are waiting (in the case of a few actives they won't be allowed for another 6 seasons).^See TLO

11 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That you would be correct. Which now you will respond with "Well then what is the issue?". The issue is who is able to enter the lottery. It just is disappointing watching inactives and recreates now under the 10 player way when some of us are waiting (in the case of a few actives they won't be allowed for another 6 seasons).^See TLO

Well then wh - just kidding.

I would've let everyone do it immediately and had one super awesome mega draft and then let it work itself out (with people retiring early and stuff) - but, with the rollout strategy I don't think there is a way to fairly determine who is "worthy." I totally understand that it is frustrating to those who legitimately want to be a part of it, especially if it throws off your timing, but I feel like you have to have this balance of elite and lower TPE guys or you won't get the parity you desire, instead you'd have 2 or 3 teams getting all of the actives and then the next rebuilding team would get nothing due to all of the actives already going through with their second player in the previous draft.

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

Well then wh - just kidding.

I would've let everyone do it immediately and had one super awesome mega draft and then let it work itself out (with people retiring early and stuff) - but, with the rollout strategy I don't think there is a way to fairly determine who is "worthy." I totally understand that it is frustrating to those who legitimately want to be a part of it, especially if it throws off your timing, but I feel like you have to have this balance of elite and lower TPE guys or you won't get the parity you desire, instead you'd have 2 or 3 teams getting all of the actives and then the next rebuilding team would get nothing due to all of the actives already going through with their second player in the previous draft.

Oh trust me I agree that maybe there isn't a fair way, part of the reason I bring this up is because I feel like the idea wasn't debated enough beforehand. It could throw some guys timing off so much that they don't get a 2nd player for 6 years like I said, which would be a huge negative. I also think that if they were loaded, one team wouldn't get everything unless they traded for all 1st round picks, but I see your point there as well.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

@Draper @Higgins

Please just let me make my next dude. Either a goalie or Dman.

I don't think you understand how the world works.

Here's an equally ridiculous idea.

@Draper @Higgins I'm on the Blue Team too now.

See? It doesn't work like that unless your name is @Victor

Just now, Jericho said:

I don't think you understand how the world works.

Here's an equally ridiculous idea.

@Draper @Higgins I'm on the Blue Team too now.

See? It doesn't work like that unless your name is @Victor

Since when is the VHL the world? lol

I don't think you understand how joking works.

#Victor4BlueTeam

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

#Victor4BlueTeam

I mean rule number one of joking is never use sarcasm in a text based format.

• Admin
On 11/27/2016 at 4:01 AM, Banackock said:

#Victor4BlueTeam

I mean if it's what the people want....

On 11/27/2016 at 3:50 AM, Kendrick said:

Oh trust me I agree that maybe there isn't a fair way, part of the reason I bring this up is because I feel like the idea wasn't debated enough beforehand. It could throw some guys timing off so much that they don't get a 2nd player for 6 years like I said, which would be a huge negative. I also think that if they were loaded, one team wouldn't get everything unless they traded for all 1st round picks, but I see your point there as well.

I was also slightly irritated with how the process was finalised but there was A LOT of public discussion beforehand so everyone had a chance to weigh in.