Make Captains Get Boosted Leadership Stats

STZ

Just a thought.. We should have Captains get boosted Leadership stats, not in TPE just the actual Attribute... ie:

Captain: +15 Leadership Attributes

Assistant Captain: +5 Leadership Attributes

eh, just an idea to make it actually mean something in the sim.

3 minutes ago, STZ said:

Just a thought.. We should have Captains get boosted Leadership stats, not in TPE just the actual Attribute... ie:

Captain: +15 Leadership Attributes

Assistant Captain: +5 Leadership Attributes

eh, just an idea to make it actually mean something in the sim.

That actually seems legit tbh

2 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Are you thinking a temporary boost when they are captain, or is it for each season they hold the role, they get some points?

Temp boost seems like the way to do it.

7 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Are you thinking a temporary boost when they are captain, or is it for each season they hold the role, they get some points?

No just for the season..

It would actually make for a realistic approach to Veteran FA signings getting the A or C, as their attributes could bump from 80>95 rather than a rookie who is a captain because they are a "good member" who is getting bumped from a 60>75..

• Commissioner
On 2016-11-27 at 11:45 PM, STZ said:

No just for the season..

It would actually make for a realistic approach to Veteran FA signings getting the A or C, as their attributes could bump from 80>95 rather than a rookie who is a captain because they are a "good member" who is getting bumped from a 60>75..

Doesn't leadership still follow the update scale? I thought only experience didn't.

Either way I like this idea but we would definitely need a way to police it to ensure people aren't keeping their boosted leadership during seasons they don't have a letter. We would also need to make sure teams are only assigning 1 captain and 2 assistant's as there have been times teams have done more. With it doing basically nothing it doesn't matter but if it's free attributes it does.

I'd also like, if this goes through, to remove the bias against goalies being captains but that's never actually been disallowed, just not normally done.

43 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Doesn't leadership still follow the update scale? I thought only experience didn't.

Either way I like this idea but we would definitely need a way to police it to ensure people aren't keeping their boosted leadership during seasons they don't have a letter. We would also need to make sure teams are only assigning 1 captain and 2 assistant's as there have been times teams have done more. With it doing basically nothing it doesn't matter but if it's free attributes it does.

I'd also like, if this goes through, to remove the bias against goalies being captains but that's never actually been disallowed, just not normally done.

It does follow the update scale.. that's why I'm saying veterans would have a better advantage of having the captaincy as they probably have higher Leadership to start with..

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, STZ said:

It does follow the update scale.. that's why I'm saying veterans would have a better advantage of having the captaincy as they probably have higher Leadership to start with..

You said it would bump from 80->95 though which isn't true. At 15 TPE it would bump from 80->85

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You said it would bump from 80->95 though which isn't true. At 15 TPE it would bump from 80->85

Yea im saying the Boosts wouldn't be affected by the Update Scale giving incentive to give to older players who have higher Leadership or rare circumstances where a young player has high leadership (or Toews or McDavid)

• Commissioner
47 minutes ago, STZ said:

Yea im saying the Boosts wouldn't be affected by the Update Scale giving incentive to give to older players who have higher Leadership or rare circumstances where a young player has high leadership (or Toews or McDavid)

Gotcha, fair point.

Definitely would need policing in that case to really make sure people don't keep them since we' could potentially be talking about a fairly sizeable boost.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Gotcha, fair point.

Definitely would need policing in that case to really make sure people don't keep them since we' could potentially be talking about a fairly sizeable boost.

updaters can do that fairly easily.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

updaters can do that fairly easily.

No doubt. I'm not concerned about it not getting done really, just bringing it up as a point that would need to be watched out for. Especially given how busy updaters are at the start of every season.

On 11/29/2016 at 3:34 PM, ADwyer87 said:

This seems interesting, but at the same time, being a captain doesn't make you a good leader, it's being a good leader that makes you a captain

This is a sim league where you can become a good skater by writing 500 words... I don't think i

this is a huge stretch lol..