Bautista coming back to the Jays!

GoFlamesGo

meh, he was in a bad situation where any team would need to give a 1st rounder to sign him, which make him pretty much unsignable considering his offensive stats, his age and his unreliability in defense.

good thing it's only a year, it gives a chance to the jays to replace him  

Yeah I think for the clubhouse and the cap hit, he isn't worth it. He is a good long ball hitter but this team needs to focus on not being one dimensional and he doesn't help that. I actually thought Saunders should be the one they target more and not Joey Bats. That and I think he is a bit of a dramatic POS. #GOREDS

41 minutes ago, Higgins said:

^^^bunch of losers in here

Lets go Joey Bats

You can't honestly tell me Joey Bats has the proper approach to the game of baseball. Just look at the way he talked to the Media in Toronto regarding a contract.

1 hour ago, GoFlamesGo said:

I'm happy with this move. As much as people love to hate Bautista, he is the franchise of the team. Hopefully he retires a Jay.

Disagree somewhat. People don't hate Bautista because of his baseball skills or anything. He has character issues, he does whether you see it or not he has the dramatic actions of a 12 year old girl while playing. Just the look on his face and his reactions are all very immature mannerisms. He is a great hitter (one dimensional mind you) but someone with a knack for HR. Sadly that alone won't make him the franchise as this teams franchise is a tiny little pitcher who plays bigger than he is.

Bautista rejecting the QO really back-fired on this one, but he's still a nice piece for the middle of that lineup.  His agent tried to sell NL teams on his ability to play infield... if that tells you anything about how quickly his market went south (NO PUN INTENDED @Kendrick)

Edited by frescoelmo

18 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Bautista rejecting the QO really back-fired on this one, but he's still a nice piece for the middle of that lineup.  His agent tried to sell NL teams on his ability to play infield... if that tells you anything about how quickly his market went south (NO PUN INTENDED @Kendrick)

Went south, like the pee trickling down your leg?