Creating a Second Player

Molholt

I understand why there were limitations on when you could create a second player while the two-player system was being rolled out. 

However, why does this still need to exist? Who cares if someone has two players at or around the same age at once? People are going to vary them anyway based on preference, so I feel like the system would be simplified if you remove that restriction and just let people run wild. How else can you create twin players who play their whole career together!

12 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I understand why there were limitations on when you could create a second player while the two-player system was being rolled out. 

However, why does this still need to exist? Who cares if someone has two players at or around the same age at once? People are going to vary them anyway based on preference, so I feel like the system would be simplified if you remove that restriction and just let people run wild. How else can you create twin players who play their whole career together!

drafts man, we need it for drafts

I like the gap, for many reasons some include, new members not being completely overwhelmed with the option to create 2 players. Another is that it kind of negates early retirements from older players as they wouldn't be able to create yet.

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

I like the gap, for many reasons some include, new members not being completely overwhelmed with the option to create 2 players. Another is that it kind of negates early retirements from older players as they wouldn't be able to create yet.

I mean I don't care if older guys retire - if they want to retire, I feel like let them.

New members could still have the restriction, or, it could be not the same exact draft year - but even having it as consecutive years would open options.

I also feel like the gap made a lot more sense with the introduction of the system, so I wouldn't be opposed to changing it. The one nice thing about the required gap now is that it does keep decent drafts more consistent. But I'd vote YES on this movement if it became a movement we could vote on. I just wouldn't be upset if it was denied!

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I also feel like the gap made a lot more sense with the introduction of the system, so I wouldn't be opposed to changing it. The one nice thing about the required gap now is that it does keep decent drafts more consistent. But I'd vote YES on this movement if it became a movement we could vote on. I just wouldn't be upset if it was denied!

I feel like it should be 2 years tbh. You just get drafted then have to wait til the trade deadline of your first players draft year to create then go 1 1/2 years in the VHLM minimum. Seems like it could still help drafts.

On 1/24/2017 at 10:25 PM, Smarch said:

I hate the fact that Phil is gonna be in the same draft class as my with both my players. 

How unfair 

Unfair, or amazing because we're going to be drafted by the same team?

12 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I too hate Phil.

1 hour ago, frescoelmo said:

2nd

I hate how I have to wait a full season and two-thirds to recreate my normal player. But agreed, that Phil's a total bag of dicks. 

Just like Jardy, I'd be for this if it happened, but wouldn't mind if it stays.

I mean, the waiting sucks, but there are benefits to it.

Also, for over a season, my goaltender Ironside will be my only player. It's like that thread I created here sort of about that topic. Once Parechkin's not in the league and I'm waiting for that 3 season draft gap to create again, my 2nd player will be my only player...and it just seems weird.