Player store

as im here browsing the store in my last season, the vet minimum is 4.5 mil and anything worth buying is above that and because i hold 2 jobs and do a MS weekly i have no interest in buying those upgrades. other than that there is nothing worth buying because prediction points dont get carried to my next player, money doesnt get carried over to my next player i can only buy experience points once. so i have 2.5 million left in my pocket. i dont have interest in the mag combo thing because i dont even think they look at that nor do most people by it. there is really nothing to buy if you are a player in your 8th season. 

• Commissioner

I feel like most players in their 8th season are at a point where they've saved up a bunch of money. This sounds more like you don't have a lot of money leftover and don't like the options available rather than the options don't exist.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

I feel like most players in their 8th season are at a point where they've saved up a bunch of money. This sounds more like you don't have a lot of money leftover and don't like the options available rather than the options don't exist.

i like to spend recklessly plus that depreciation x2 = 20 mil then i bought one jagr which was 6 mil and thats where most of my money went in seasons before this

Edited by TheLastOlympian07

Maybe we should add some vanity items. Like a custom trophy thing for your profile that lasts a season or something. Or maybe it's not even custom, maybe it just says, "I wasted $1,000,000 on this badge."

Actually I did just think of a decent Player Store addition that both adds new a option and somewhat addresses this problem:

Piggy Bank - $10,000,000/$20,000,000

- Owning a Piggy Bank allows the player to deposit any amount of his earnings to transfer to a future re-created player.

- Money cannot be accessed once it's deposited into the Piggy Bank until it transfers to the re-created player.

- Once the Piggy Bank transfers ownership to the new player, it is "smashed open" and cannot be used again. The new player would have to buy a new Piggy Bank in order to start saving money for another future player.

I made it expensive as balls in this example because if it's too cheap, the next player could get a ridiculous amount of money. I suppose an alternative solution would be to make the Piggy Bank much more affordable ($2-5M), but have a 50% banker's fee for all money you deposit. So if you put $10,000,000 in, only $5,000,000 transfers to the new player. The other $5,000,000 dies. Or better yet, I can be the banker and I can have it :D . Or, if we really wanted to get complicated, we could take that other 50% and make a sort of "Free Parking" draw once or twice a season, and randomly give it back to the community.

Another few possible Player Store options...

Re-Constructive Surgery - $2,000,000

- Alter your height and/or weight

Black Market Passport - $10,000,000

- Change your nationality for World Cup

- You obtained this citizenship quite illegally, so you will have to defect from your home country to avoid arrest (not a dual-citizen, must give up old nationality).

Encore! - $20,000,000

- Extend your forced retirement one season

- Only can be purchased once a career

- 9th season depreciation is 7/8/9%

Edited by JardyB10

Some crazy experimental ones...

Glass Cannon - $5,000,000

- Instantly increase your Scoring to 99

- Passing and Defence are set to 1 (yes, 39 below their base).

- Strength is set to 20.

- Only applies to Skaters.

Brick Wall - $5,000,000

- Instantly increase your Defence to 99

- Passing and Scoring are set to 1.

- Puck Handling is set to 20.

- Only applies to Skaters

Master of One - $5,000,000

- Instantly increase one of Style Control, Hand Speed, or Reaction Time to 95

- The other two non-selected attributes are set to 1.

- Only applies to Goaltenders

These could be tweaked quite a bit if people are actually interested in ones like these. The idea behind these numbers is a trade-off. All of these options, if used when all the attributes are at 40, effectively earn you 19 TPE (15 TPE for the goalie), but at the cost of part of your game being embarrassingly deficient for a time. Also there's a matter of leaving those attributes at 40 until you make $5,000,000. That would make you considerably less effective in your pre-draft season or more. It would encourage players to be dicks and demand more money from their GMs though, and make holdouts viable. The numbers could be adjusted so that the effective "TPE" gain is greater (leave the Strength and Puck Handling unchanged, adding another 20 TPE to it), but the practicality of doing it while all your attributes are at 40 is less (increasing the price of the options). These could stack perhaps unreasonably well with the Piggy Bank option if people also find that interesting, and could make the Piggy Bank that much more valuable (banking just $5,000,000 could give you an effective TPE bump of 20-40 TPE).

We could also use a similar concept to encourage builds as well. Maybe have a Sniper option where you can straight up steal points from Passing (even at 40) and put it in Scoring, making you fucking terrible at Passing, but also less likely to do so, as apparently the STHS Shoot-Pass-Skate decision making process is based on a player's attribute ratio.

My best idea yet:

Founding Father - $55,000,000

- Create your own VHL or VHLM franchise, to be added to league the following off-season.

- Must have created an original and official logo and team name before the team can be added.

- May add an Expansion Draft for an additional $2,000,000. Otherwise you must build your team entirely in free agency for the first season or two.

- Receive a "Franchise Founder" profile badge.

- Any member you recruit for the team's first 1/2/3 seasons will be immediately placed on your roster.

This one's fun because the most you can make over your career from contracts alone is $49,000,000. ($2M VHLM free agent contract, maximum $4M entry level contract for 3 years, maximum $7M contract the remaining 5 years). That means you have to make up the other $6M from either random giveaways or the Piggy Bank option. It also could potentially break the league because we probably can't support much more than 10 teams, but it would be a fun thing to strive to! If you went through all the effort to save up this much money, you'd maybe have the incentive to recruit too. Writing that sentence gave me the idea for the last point on there.

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

Brick Wall - $5,000,000

- Instantly increase your Defence to 99

- Passing and Scoring are set to 1.

- Puck Handling is set to 20.

- Only applies to Skaters

This is something I could get behind. Maybe not exactly this but close lol

Jardy I'm going to have like think about your ideas here, these are some of the whackiest ones of all time, but some are interesting. The set attribute to 99/1 thing though I don't know man. Like we already have an issue with players of lower TPE levels having good careers even against higher TPE players. Can you imagine if someone can just save up the money and invest TPE in other things then suddenly they have 99 scoring. I mean you could even bank the little you earn and save it up to get the negative stats set to 1 back up. And then your looking at what 2-3 seasons in their career people under 400 TPE rocking 99 scoring like a boss. I just don't know if that balance makes sense in any way. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Jardy I'm going to have like think about your ideas here, these are some of the whackiest ones of all time, but some are interesting. The set attribute to 99/1 thing though I don't know man. Like we already have an issue with players of lower TPE levels having good careers even against higher TPE players. Can you imagine if someone can just save up the money and invest TPE in other things then suddenly they have 99 scoring. I mean you could even bank the little you earn and save it up to get the negative stats set to 1 back up. And then your looking at what 2-3 seasons in their career people under 400 TPE rocking 99 scoring like a boss. I just don't know if that balance makes sense in any way. 

Right, I entirely forgot to consider banking...that does indeed break it. The fun thing with that to offset the advantage was that you'd have to suffer with two shitty attributes while you build them up again. Perhaps another stipulation to buying it is that you can't have any TPE banked when making the purchase?

18 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

My best idea yet:

Founding Father - $55,000,000

- Create your own VHL or VHLM franchise, to be added to league the following off-season.

- Must have created an original and official logo and team name before the team can be added.

- May add an Expansion Draft for an additional $2,000,000. Otherwise you must build your team entirely in free agency for the first season or two.

- Receive a "Franchise Founder" profile badge.

- Any member you recruit for the team's first 1/2/3 seasons will be immediately placed on your roster.

This one's fun because the most you can make over your career from contracts alone is $49,000,000. ($2M VHLM free agent contract, maximum $4M entry level contract for 3 years, maximum $7M contract the remaining 5 years). That means you have to make up the other $6M from either random giveaways or the Piggy Bank option. It also could potentially break the league because we probably can't support much more than 10 teams, but it would be a fun thing to strive to! If you went through all the effort to save up this much money, you'd maybe have the incentive to recruit too. Writing that sentence gave me the idea for the last point on there.

This is both the best and worst idea ever lol

I love the whole "This could potentially break the league" disclaimer :lol: