Claimed:Potential outdoor games in VHL’s future

Kel

Potential outdoor games in VHL’s future

Tuesday, 1.7.2014 / 1:26 PM

Is it time for another attempt at a Winter Classic for the Victory Hockey League or was one go enough. It seems like the VHL is preparing for a series of games that will take place outdoors one being the American Classic and the other being the Euro Classic. With both management and the players association accepting the offer we should be expecting an outdoor game between the Seattle Bears and Toronto Legion come season’s end, however, it doesn’t end there. The Euro Classic will be the battle of Riga Reign versus the Cologne Express. All respective teams should create a great game for the fans, players, and staff to enjoy.

winter_classic.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jp

Toronto Legion players practicing on an outdoor ice hockey surface

There have been many discussions surrounding the two outdoor games and they are all due as the last time the VHL hosted an outdoor game it did not go as planned. We decided to get Toronto’s input on this event coach, Jack Edgar spoke. “It’s a great time to just have fun, we saw it with the NHL and how it panned out. The game was great, the endorsing was great, the fans and players seemed to enjoy it and we can only hope that it will be the same over here and overseas. I wish all the teams good luck and let’s just have fun.” The teams are expecting the fans to behave and to not act as disruptive as they were the last time around; the league will bring in several security guards and offices to take control of the area. With that being said the only major duty left is to make sure both the fans and teams have a great time watching the game we all love being played on its roots.

If this does prove to be a success can, we expect a lot more in future such as Stadium Series, or altering teams each season. However, the focus right now is where the games will take place. The choices right now are between the Rogers Centre in Toronto and the Husky Stadium or Safeco Field in Seattle. Many have placed their bet on the host city being Seattle with its 72,500 seats opposed to Toronto’s Roger Centre with 54,000 seats. Either way the game will bring a great venue, finances, and entertainment to both cities; fans from both cities know wherever the game is they will be there.

Husky-Stadium-panorama1.jpg

Husky Stadium; possible outdoor stadium in Seattle

With the anticipation brought into this event, we can only expect this to be the best turnout for the VHL, one to bring both fans and finances to the league. This period will be one where everyone can enjoy the game for its true purposes. We can expect it to be one of the best showcases brought to us with a fast speed game we can only hope that Mother Nature will cooperate with a shower of snow. Let the excitement begin with the most fast-paced game on earth and there is no better way to enjoy it than two historic teams battling it out for the extra two points. Management has all the time to select the city, jerseys, and endorse the event. For now we can only wait and hope that all will go down as planned.

Edited by John

Must be tight, I wouldn't mind watching a football game in that venue myself. Looks like a great spot for an outdoor game.

My company actually did some work on their renovation this past year...  Got a little bit of a face lift with the program going upwards.

There is the BMO Field but that sits just above 20,000 seats and the former Civic Centre wouldn't feel right either. By the way the Roger Centre has the biggest capacity stadium in Canada . 

There is the BMO Field but that sits just above 20,000 seats and the former Civic Centre wouldn't feel right either. By the way the Roger Centre has the biggest capacity stadium in Canada . 

By like 500 seats haha. BC Place is 500 seats less and way nicer since the major renovations. However even I don't want to watch a hockey game there. Too far from the ice. It's the same with the Big House. Its just too far from the surface.

Never understood the point of having the Winter Classic/Stadium Series games at baseball fields. Football fields are much more equipped with the capacity number and the ability to actually see what's going on. Rogers Centre looks immensely huge for an outdoor game.

Qwestpic.jpg

CenturyLink Field in Seattle looks pretty alright for the job.

Never understood the point of having the Winter Classic/Stadium Series games at baseball fields. Football fields are much more equipped with the capacity number and the ability to actually see what's going on. Rogers Centre looks immensely huge for an outdoor game.

Qwestpic.jpg

CenturyLink Field in Seattle looks pretty alright for the job.

Similarly, football is a horrible idea at baseball stadiums...  They're barely big enough to fit the entire field (min 360' and along a baseline) and the seating options are ridiculous.  I went to the NHL Winter Classic at Wrigley it was alright but a football stadium would have been gold.  It's actually build somewhat vertically and in a similar perspective shape to football fields.

Honestly I'm further leaning on the games being played at CenturyLink Field or Husky Stadium. I was leaning on putting CenturyLink Field in the MS over Safeco Field, but, I don't know . 

Content: 3/3 - This would be an awesome thing, although I don't know how it would be worked into the sim. If anything else, it would make for an awesome exhibition event to live stream with NHL 14. Unless the results can be put into the sim engine somehow, I don't see it going any further than that unfortunately.

Grammar: 2/2 - A lot better than the last one I graded, well done.

was one go enough. = was one go enough?
If this does prove to be a success can, we = If this does prove to be a success, can we
expect a lot more in future such as Stadium Series = ?

Appearance: 1/1 - You got it!

Overall: 6/6 - Great job man!

• 2 weeks later...