VHL Facebook Re-Vamp Contest

Kendrick

Screen_Shot_2017_03_01_at_12_57_30_PM.pn

Hello everyone! So our forum actually has a Facebook page and if you haven't liked it to boost our presence over there, I suggest doing so now: https://www.facebook.com/VictoryHockeyLeague/

That isn't the main reason for posting this thread though. As you can see our Facebook page is very plain and could use a bit of sprucing up. So we want to do something about that and hopefully raise our presence on social media. (We also have Twitter: @Official_VHL) So we are hosting a Facebook Cover Photo Contest/Reward challenge. We want to see our site grow and before we ever do any Facebook advertisements that are paid with Donation money, we must make our page look legit, feel legit and have a strong presence with posting. 

Contest: Make a VHL Facebook Cover Photo (Dimensions: 820x340)

Reward: All submissions can be entered as a VHL Graphic starting March 6th and will get 6 TPE + 1 TPE Uncapped for the submission.

Final Winning Submission: The final winning submission can be entered and rewarded with the above submission but will also be rewarded 2 Extra Uncapped TPE (That's 9 TPE!)

*This is all in the name of trying to boost our online presence and in turn work our Recruitment avenues to the fullest potential. Stay tuned for a Twitter contest that will follow shortly after.

Edited by Kendrick

14 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Very good contest for those who can't do graphics :P 

Well unfortunately this is something that needs to be done and including everyone would be hard. However, we may be looking for content writers as well. People can submit something regardless though

19 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Very good contest for those who can't do graphics :P 

So instead of calling out just the graphics aspect of this, why not suggest a way in which things could be added? FB groups often post blogs and other articles, I'm pretty sure a good recruitment message to stick somewhere on our FB page at all times is something Kendrick would gladly add. 

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

So instead of calling out just the graphics aspect of this, why not suggest a way in which things could be added? FB groups often post blogs and other articles, I'm pretty sure a good recruitment message to stick somewhere on our FB page at all times is something Kendrick would gladly add. 

Yes. Not to mention Bana does have access to add things to the page but nothing has come from that. We need to be proactive.

7 minutes ago, Devise said:

I didn't even really call it out? lol Don't see how my simple statement required any sort of response from you.

Was simply stating as I can't earn the tpe and suck at graphics (not a huge deal). :)) 

4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I didn't even really call it out? lol Don't see how my simple statement required any sort of response from you.

Was simply stating as I can't earn the tpe and suck at graphics (not a huge deal). :)) 

Calling it out for how it wasn't really constructive. I don't see how your not in a way calling out this specific contest for lack of variety. I don't see how my simple response would make you defensive. Again I'm sure if there is a way to include rewarding writers in this contest, it would be included. Do you have any ideas other than just "this isn't for me?" 

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Calling it out for how it wasn't really constructive. I don't see how your not in a way calling out this specific contest for lack of variety. I don't see how my simple response would make you defensive. Again I'm sure if there is a way to include rewarding writers in this contest, it would be included. Do you have any ideas other than just "this isn't for me?" 

Where tf is he calling anyone out here

Guys, guys I hope we can stop arguing. This isn't the greatest look for something like this so I would hope you guys can let the contest run and it will be one that proves dividends for our board going forward. Go discuss in another thread about ideas.

6 hours ago, Jericho said:

50% chance I send in a dick pic as a submission again. @Knight still has nightmares about that day.

Enlarging the image to fit the banner size will result in a lot of pixelation. Please rethink your submission.

11 hours ago, BOOM said:

Enlarging the image to fit the banner size will result in a lot of pixelation. Please rethink your submission.

it wasn't MY dick!

On 3/1/2017 at 8:05 PM, Jericho said:

50% chance I send in a dick pic as a submission again. @Knight still has nightmares about that day.

Didn't you see the minimum dimensions? Don't think your big hog could fit in that pixel requirement!

25 minutes ago, STZ said:

Didn't you see the minimum dimensions? Don't think your big hog could fit in that pixel requirement!

IT WASN'T MY DICK!

Just now, STZ said:

#notmypresident

#notmydick

I'm not sure if people actually know the story, but it was a 1 TPE payment for the banner contest and I was shit at graphics. So I googled "Throbbing erect penis" and sent David the most awkward photo there. He opened up the PM in class one day and was so embarrassed he banned me on the spot for "Unspeakable actions".

Not sure if that ban or the Rogue Squadron ban was the best one.

We have come to the end of this contest! We will be using the following banner. Thanks to everyone who submitted! @HFD If you haven't already you can claim your 6 TPE + 3 Uncapped TPE in your updates! Congrats and thanks for helping us out

banner.png

On 2017-03-11 at 10:47 AM, Scooter said:

I thought this was running the whole PT week, probably should have had a deadline posted I guess.

Nope it wasn't.