Edition 321

STZ

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Sorry I'll take up less pages next time. Blame @BOOM I just had to do 3 paragraphs with his talking points.

Next time I'll just ask you what type of flower you would be! First the board issue and now this. I can't win with you poopheads.

8 hours ago, Will said:

To whomever made that Jarvi image: You are a beast. 

I had such a better vision for it.. I thought it looked like shit lol it was late so I just said fuck it lol. Thanks tho :)

I haven't been very active with my current player but I still really enjoying reading the mag, so good work guys :). Some very interesting discussions and articles recently, like the one about getting rid of juniors. I'm obviously not as informed as the super actives around here but if you are interested in my opinion, it would be that we shouldn't get rid of the VHLM altogether, but that the league needs major, radical reforms. I'm not sure about specifics but I was thinking of something along the lines of cutting the league down to 4-5 teams as well as changes in VHLM eligibility and TPE-management. The goal would be to get as many rookies and young players as possible together in just a few locker rooms, who are really active and excited about going nose-to-nose with other teams who are just as active, providing them with plenty of ice-time while high-TPE recreates (who usually aren't very interested in the league anyway) and veteran inactives get forced out sooner so that they don't dominate the scoreboards. Again, I might be totally off base here but those sound like good things to strive for to me, at least in theory.

Also, I bought a magazine feature in the Player Store last seaon, I guess this hasn't been registered so far so is there another place where I have to post that purchase :)?

I think this is a fair suggestion. I mean honestly, who wants to see a junior league team with no single player on their roster? That's kinda odd to me.

Edited by stevo

1 hour ago, stevo said:

I think this is a fair suggestion. I mean honestly, who wants to see a junior league team with no single player on their roster? That's kinda odd to me.

Yeah but at what point do we eliminate all forms of competent competition just to ensure all the players play together? Wouldn't we accomplish that exact same feat if we removed the VHLM, except we'd you know, keep a larger amount of competitive teams and actually allow GM's to do their jobs and build winners.

That is the thing, at a certain point a smaller VHLM turns into rando simulator. Why trade? Why make big moves? The rosters are likely going to be full, stay full. I get that people want that for competition sake so that new members coming into the league aren't so divided from other members. But again I say, doesn't getting rid of the VHLM do that exact same thing? It doesn't matter how much people argue this, 80% of the league pays way more attention to the VHL. Getting new members more TPE to join us in the VHL is nothing but a more united league. I have yet to see a valid counter argument to that fact. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Yeah but at what point do we eliminate all forms of competent competition just to ensure all the players play together? Wouldn't we accomplish that exact same feat if we removed the VHLM, except we'd you know, keep a larger amount of competitive teams and actually allow GM's to do their jobs and build winners.

That is the thing, at a certain point a smaller VHLM turns into rando simulator. Why trade? Why make big moves? The rosters are likely going to be full, stay full. I get that people want that for competition sake so that new members coming into the league aren't so divided from other members. But again I say, doesn't getting rid of the VHLM do that exact same thing? It doesn't matter how much people argue this, 80% of the league pays way more attention to the VHL. Getting new members more TPE to join us in the VHL is nothing but a more united league. I have yet to see a valid counter argument to that fact. 

Getting rid of the VHLM could work for sure, the GOMHL is doing just fine without a junior league but then again, their TPE-structure is quite different. I'd just prefer to salvage the situation instead of giving up on the VHLM, but if the league has concluded that it is unsalvageable at this point then a clear cut would indeed be the best solution.

Regarding my suggestion, I don't think that it would turn the VHLM into a random simulator, smart drafting and good player development would still matter, probably even more so than it does today if we phase out higher TPE inactives. We'd obviously have to find the right balance so that rosters are decently big, but not completely full. If that means having 4 teams would be better or 6, or if a good roster size is two full lines or three is something that people with a better knowledge of the situation and the numbers would have to answer. It is something that could work though in my opinion, as it would promote both activity and competition.

Just now, RomanesEuntDomus said:

Getting rid of the VHLM could work for sure, the GOMHL is doing just fine without a junior league but then again, their TPE-structure is quite different. I'd just prefer to salvage the situation instead of giving up on the VHLM, but if the league has concluded that it is unsalvageable at this point then a clear cut would indeed be the best solution.

Regarding my suggestion, I don't think that it would turn the VHLM into a random simulator, smart drafting and good player development would still matter, probably even more so than it does today if we phase out higher TPE inactives. We'd obviously have to find the right balance so that rosters are decently big, but not completely full. If that means having 4 teams would be better or 6, or if a good roster size is two full lines or three is something that people with a better knowledge of the situation and the numbers would have to answer. It is something that could work though in my opinion, as it would promote both activity and competition.

this guy gets it

19 hours ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

Also, I bought a magazine feature in the Player Store last seaon, I guess this hasn't been registered so far so is there another place where I have to post that purchase :)?

Unless you are okay with it just being Fan Art Page I'd get a refund - because it's hard enough finding enough content, period, I can't even imagine the struggle to get a featured player article done..

I do the fan art tho, and I can do your player next edition :)

42 minutes ago, STZ said:

Unless you are okay with it just being Fan Art Page I'd get a refund - because it's hard enough finding enough content, period, I can't even imagine the struggle to get a featured player article done..

I do the fan art tho, and I can do your player next edition :)

Your call, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't forgotten. Doesn't need to happen right now or anything like that :)

4 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Alright just making sure because it seems like nobody has posted any numbers in this forum for the past little while :blink:

Most people have their set numbers from previous attempts. Your number sticks for as long as the VHL lasts. Some may not know about it or just don't care. Otherwise the number is already in the magazine.

10 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Most people have their set numbers from previous attempts. Your number sticks for as long as the VHL lasts. Some may not know about it or just don't care. Otherwise the number is already in the magazine.

Oh damn stuck for life.