NYA/COL; S53

Devise

• Senior Admin

I think a reasonable amount of time for Robbie to consider it should be allowed. Both GM's posted and accepted on time, from what I understand it was a last minute deal and while it could be argued the GM's are responsible for having this dealt with before the deadline, it seems a bit harsh to expect a player to decide in 9 mins or however long he had. He always has an NTC so that he can, I assume, consider trades before he agrees to them. I don't think he should be denied that consideration when he didn't know it was coming. That being said, he certainly doesn't get infinite consideration. 

And that is why I told him he can have a decision posted in this thread by morning, 10 am est, otherwise this trade is void at that time. 

Just now, Advantage said:

Yeah that doesnt seem right..plus it seems like Greg doesnt even really want it to go through lol.

I'm good either way but I'm just thinking about the future. No way this should go into the morning. He should be giving time but not over night  

1 minute ago, gregreg said:

I'm good either way but I'm just thinking about the future. No way this should go into the morning. He should be giving time but not over night  

What's the difference? There won't be any sims

2 minutes ago, gregreg said:

There is a deadline for a reason. He just wants to do a MS like always 

True but the trade was accepted within the deadline. Obviously Robbie is his own story but providing the player until a reasonable time aka before tomorrow morning is probably a fine deadline. 

It says you can't hold out and keep sims hostage but still time to consider it. I'm curious how the rules in the NHL are. 

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

True but the trade was accepted within the deadline. Obviously Robbie is his own story but providing the player until a reasonable time aka before tomorrow morning is probably a fine deadline. 

It says you can't hold out and keep sims hostage but still time to consider it. I'm curious how the rules in the NHL are. 

Most GMs in the NHL probably wouldn't put in the trade call if they didn't know if the player would waive their NTC lol

34 minutes ago, Will said:

I think a reasonable amount of time for Robbie to consider it should be allowed. Both GM's posted and accepted on time, from what I understand it was a last minute deal and while it could be argued the GM's are responsible for having this dealt with before the deadline, it seems a bit harsh to expect a player to decide in 9 mins or however long he had. He always has an NTC so that he can, I assume, consider trades before he agrees to them. I don't think he should be denied that consideration when he didn't know it was coming. That being said, he certainly doesn't get infinite consideration. 

And that is why I told him he can have a decision posted in this thread by morning, 10 am est, otherwise this trade is void at that time. 

So since the other trade didnt have one of the parties accepting on time that is voided?

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, Advantage said:

So since the other trade didnt have one of the parties accepting on time that is voided?

I mean, your talking like ~30 seconds tops here lol 

1 minute ago, Advantage said:

2 minutes but alright. Like I mean whats the cut off? Trade deadline should read "around 8:00"

If the trade was posted at 8:01 I could see your point and it wouldn't be allowed

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

If the trade was posted at 8:01 I could see your point and it wouldn't be allowed

Im just responding to the main point of Wills post which is that in this trade both gms accepted before the deadline..was just pointing out that technically wasnt the case for the other.  Blue team makes the decision obviously and so be it if allowed, but just pointing out that if thats the standard it needs to be adjusted.