HSK/COL; S53

Higgins

6 minutes ago, Advantage said:

So does it have to be posted or everything accepted by 8? Lol.  Trade posted at 8..so wasnt sure

Guess there's no clarification in the rules. Thus, imo, legal? idk

Just now, Banackock said:

Guess there's no clarification in the rules. Thus, imo, legal? idk

For as long as I've been a GM it's been, has to be posted before the deadline.

Just now, Higgins said:

For as long as I've been a GM it's been, has to be posted before the deadline.

Has to be posted, yeah. But there's nothing on a NTC being waived or w/e.

Tricky, sticky.

Just now, Banackock said:

Has to be posted, yeah. But there's nothing on a NTC being waived or w/e.

Tricky, sticky.

True, but as we are a global league with people in different time zones it's hard to expect a player to waive if a trade is posted minutes to the deadline.

At some point it just has to be assumed not waived though.

This whole deadline has been a fuckery. But in my not at all official opinion, this trade probably shouldn't go through. If not for the 8:01 PM acceptance (which I'm fine with honestly), then because Covington wasn't on Cologne when this trade was posted.

That said, to play my own devil's advocate, if the original trade was posted as a three-way trade with this deal included, it would be fine. So in a way this could be considered a three-way trade to the original. But officially it isn't, so idk. You guys are all stupid.

13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This whole deadline has been a fuckery. But in my not at all official opinion, this trade probably shouldn't go through. If not for the 8:01 PM acceptance (which I'm fine with honestly), then because Covington wasn't on Cologne when this trade was posted.

That said, to play my own devil's advocate, if the original trade was posted as a three-way trade with this deal included, it would be fine. So in a way this could be considered a three-way trade to the original. But officially it isn't, so idk. You guys are all stupid.

What are you talking about, this would have been voided if Covington did not waive his NTC. Simple. Put it through.

57 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Robbie never waived his NTC for this trade? I mean he posted in the other thread but never here. I mean it's not like waiving it for one trade means it's waived forever. 

So.....

2.7 – Clauses
There are two types of clauses that can be included in contracts (both are voided if waived once)

1 hour ago, Molholt said:

Robbie never waived his NTC for this trade? I mean he posted in the other thread but never here. I mean it's not like waiving it for one trade means it's waived forever. 

So.....

Actually, yes, it is like that.

7 hours ago, Higgins said:

What are you talking about, this would have been voided if Covington did not waive his NTC. Simple. Put it through.

I think Jardy was more talking about making and posting an official trade before a player was even legally on a roster. If it wasn't the deadline, you wouldn't post this trade until you knew if Robbie waived or not. Because you had no choice but to wait, should this trade be considered legal? Technically you tried to put in an official trade before a player was put on a roster. 

But this whole mess (that I ironically started) is for you guys to sort out. :P 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Devise said:

I think Jardy was more talking about making and posting an official trade before a player was even legally on a roster. If it wasn't the deadline, you wouldn't post this trade until you knew if Robbie waived or not. Because you had no choice but to wait, should this trade be considered legal? Technically you tried to put in an official trade before a player was put on a roster. 

But this whole mess (that I ironically started) is for you guys to sort out. :P 

That's how I've been looking at this whole mess. Personally I'm fine with the trade to Cologne and I understand the argument that players should be able to waive after the deadline. That just makes logical sense. But the problem isn't Robbie waiving for this trade, it's him waiving for the other one. When this trade was posted Zimmers wasn't on the team so the trade would effectively be void until such time as he was; putting it past the deadline.