HSK/COL; S53

Higgins

• Admin
23 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

That said, to play my own devil's advocate, if the original trade was posted as a three-way trade with this deal included, it would be fine. So in a way this could be considered a three-way trade to the original.

This post makes more sense than anything else in this BS and has been pretty much ignored lol.

Assume it's a 3-way and there's no delay and no one is cutting it close like Higgins and Greg did with this trade. It's just waiting on Robbie to waive his NTC and let's be honest, we only care about NTCs when it's convenient. Guaranteed people with NTCs have been traded without waiving and no one notices. Equally guaranteed people with NTCs have been traded at the deadline and not waived til later cuz no one cares.

So basically, no one should have ever cared about what Robbie said and all trades are good IMO.

I mean if we are going to get technical, whether this trade gets accepted or not if the other trade is considered valid yesterdays sim should be resimmed. Because the deadline had passed, and Jarvi and Convington did not switch places. If things were on the line I'd probably care a bit more, but playoffs are all but assured and really only harms our Victory Cup race and Jarviwatch which he only had two points that sim anyway with Cologne. I told @JardyB10 yesterday that I didn't really care if there was a resim for it.

But if we are going to deny Higgins this trade under the grounds that the deadline had passed, then we have to do everything by the book in regards to this, or else we have no real right to state that this trade shouldn't go through. 

4 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

congrats @Devise @gregreg and @Higgins you guys are all stupid and fucked around and ruined the trade deadline fro everyone. yall shouldnt be able to trade until you guys start acting right :P 

Ruined? How could one ruin something that is the most irrelevant boring thing ever. Deadline with this beats deadline with no or irrelevant activity.

You wanna know why? Because all these threads have posts from you fuckers. Activity! 

Edited by Devise

Just now, Devise said:

Ruined? How could one ruin something that is the most irrelevant boring thing ever. Deadline with this beats deadline with no or irrelevant activity.

this kind of buffoonery was not the kind of activity we needed or wanted. plus it totally ruined Jarvi watch 

7 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

this kind of buffoonery was not the kind of activity we needed or wanted. plus it totally ruined Jarvi watch 

Don't see how anyone can say Jarvi watch was ruined by me when he hasn't been moved to NY yet and his recent performances in the last few games with Cologne pretty much ended that hope anyway, or close to it. 

• Senior Admin

If this trade was voided, the other one would absolutely have to be as well. There's no way Robbie would have agreed to waive his NTC had this trade not existed, so it would be very unfair to leave him in Cologne. But that further relates this to a 3-way deal, in that it definitely was only one trade as far as he was concerned. And NTC's are meant to benefit the holder - this is the trade Robbie was agreeing to, he knew that, and having an NTC probably shouldn't cost him that imo. 

Victor's logic makes sense to me though, I asked him to provide us an impartial opinion so I think that ruling will stand unless @JardyB10 disagrees.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

If this trade was voided, the other one would absolutely have to be as well. There's no way Robbie would have agreed to waive his NTC had this trade not existed, so it would be very unfair to leave him in Cologne. But that further relates this to a 3-way deal, in that it definitely was only one trade as far as he was concerned. And NTC's are meant to benefit the holder - this is the trade Robbie was agreeing to, he knew that, and having an NTC probably shouldn't cost him that imo. 

Victor's logic makes sense to me though, I asked him to provide us an impartial opinion so I think that ruling will stand unless @JardyB10 disagrees.

So we are to assume the official stance is then that this is all processed later due to it's unusual circumstances. No re sim, players will be moved accordingly for today, and it'll be treated as the league being a little flexible as it relates to the rules? 

That is fine. Although I imagine some are probably not going to be happy with that. 

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Devise said:

So we are to assume the official stance is then that this is all processed later due to it's unusual circumstances. No re sim, players will be moved accordingly for today, and it'll be treated as the league being a little flexible as it relates to the rules? 

I'm not sure why Jardy didn't process, presumably just due to the confusion which is warranted. Given the circumstances and the not that big impact though, I don't think a re-sim is needed. We're only at Game 280 which is the traditional trade deadline benchmark anyways so I think it's fine. 

3 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm not sure why Jardy didn't process, presumably just due to the confusion which is warranted. Given the circumstances and the not that big impact though, I don't think a re-sim is needed. We're only at Game 280 which is the traditional trade deadline benchmark anyways so I think it's fine. 

Jarviwatch 2017 says otherwise. :P 

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, gregreg said:

Is STHS going to allow a trade? If they do there shouldn't be a problem 

Yep, he'll just have to set the trade deadline to occur at 100% of the season for a sec :P 

36 minutes ago, Devise said:

Don't see how anyone can say Jarvi watch was ruined by me when he hasn't been moved to NY yet and his recent performances in the last few games with Cologne pretty much ended that hope anyway, or close to it. 

He still had a chance, though. I'm sure he's had stretches this season with 48 points over 16 games, which is what he needs at the moment. Sure, his last few games haven't been great, but that doesn't mean that's how he'll play for the rest of the season.

Don't get me wrong, though, it was equally ruined by Greg for trading Jarvi away.

Edited by Streetlite

1 hour ago, Will said:

I'll process everything meow.

And I don't believe I've ever re-simmed due to a late trade. So I sure ain't starting now!