Claimed:What's going on with VHLM?

20 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Yeah, my account that I used to go on it was "locked" for whatever reason by Facebook. 

1. Didn't know I could hand out recruitment drives and TPE? A recruitment drive is a no-brainer. Shouldn't have to bring it up to the blue team.

2. You told me to post my shit in the sub forum - so I did. Last couple weeks, I've been busy with life, other leagues etc and have not had the time. I could of made up some bullshit and lied about recruiting, or been honest and just done media spots and a free week, lol.

You seem to be very vocal on the issue each and every time and seem to come knocking on my door about a majority of issues extending from just this. Why not do something about it? @Will tired of listening to him complain and criticize. I'll gladly step down if you please hire Kendrick. 

Pretty much goes both ways. What's bitching on a subforum gonna do? Why not do something if you care obviously to this extent?

2. Yes I did for my Updating purposes yes, and you've done a good job at that. But the rest of the board needs to be in on the Recruitment discussion if you ever want to make an impact with it. Well that fact you even state "I could have made some bullshit up..." is alarming that that thought even comes to your head. Are you really game for this position?

What do you mean do something about it? I'm not the one getting paid to do it, nor do I have the patience to wait for the blue team to communicate with me. Your job as the recruitment manager is to set things up, be vocal and get the community talking about it. How is this forum supposed to help you or assist in any way if they don't even know whats going on? Transparency in that regard would break ground and you'd have an easier job by doing so. I should also state i have done something about it. In fact for the past 4 months I have used Twitter almost daily to attract new members, used Facebook to try and spark something and have been posting around leagues. I should also note that my past history in this league in regards to recruiting is massive. So you telling me to do something is more of a reflection of how much you are just sitting idly by.

21 minutes ago, Banackock said:

honestly, be recruitment leader. Very vocal and seem to have ideas and such. Always commenting and what not. Not looking for drama, but do it then. I got way too much on the go between leagues, the VHL and life. 

I'll take this comment as "I really didn't have interest in it to start with". See by taking criticism you could just look at it as a reason to improve. But you'd rather take the "lie down and die" route and that in itself is bad. I do think you have more in your tank to give to that area of the board (which is your job nonetheless) but I didn't think you really are giving your best effort. I mean be honest with yourself here, how much poking and prodding have you done outside the league? Hell even spending 20 minutes a day on branching out to new areas, creating discussion, etc.. would go a long way.

27 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I'm not going anywhere I just had a family issue and I left my house with nothing but my wallet for almost a week. I am back and I will be in Oslo next season.

What about pants?

My honest opinion is that the VHLM looks to be like the real-life WHL, OHL, and QMJHL where teams just decide to tank for a year or two and then aim for a year to push for the trophy.

Also, how much money do teams get for the waiver wire to sign players mid-season?

• Head Moderator
11 hours ago, punkhippie said:

My honest opinion is that the VHLM looks to be like the real-life WHL, OHL, and QMJHL where teams just decide to tank for a year or two and then aim for a year to push for the trophy.

Also, how much money do teams get for the waiver wire to sign players mid-season?

Don't worry about it, i already claimed your share.

(1 mil i think btw)

For the record @Banackock I think you overreacted a bit here. @Kendrick makes some very excellent points, mostly that any type of criticism coming your way shouldn't just always be a "well do the job yourself" position. 

If your frustrated that we want more accountability coming from our Recruitment Crew head (and recruitment crew for that matter) then perhaps the role isn't for you? As stated your "lie down" approach to criticism is awful. In an ideal situation you'd be standing up and defending the things you've done, and the plans you have to do more. But instead you go "I've got a lot on my plate with other leagues too." 

This is just a sim league. We shouldn't take it too seriously we all know these things. But certain things around the league we have to be assholes about because if they aren't done on a consistent basis it hurts the productivity of our league. Simming, updating are among those things. So to is recruitment. It's too important for us to have zero accountability on. I don't know if you believed that the role you were taking was a laid back one, where you do a few recruitment things and every season or so come up with something bigger when you can. But we frankly need more than that, and saying so isn't a criticism of your character or the work you've done in other places, or even here. It's simply saying we need more all the time from this role because it's too vital. 

Anyway carry on with this thread. 

Edited by Devise

57 minutes ago, Devise said:

For the record @Banackock I think you overreacted a bit here. @Kendrick makes some very excellent points, mostly that any type of criticism coming your way shouldn't just always be a "well do the job yourself" position. 

If your frustrated that we want more accountability coming from our Recruitment Crew head (and recruitment crew for that matter) then perhaps the role isn't for you? As stated your "lie down" approach to criticism is awful. In an ideal situation you'd be standing up and defending the things you've done, and the plans you have to do more. But instead you go "I've got a lot on my plate with other leagues too." 

This is just a sim league. We shouldn't take it too seriously we all know these things. But certain things around the league we have to be assholes about because if they aren't done on a consistent basis it hurts the productivity of our league. Simming, updating are among those things. So to is recruitment. It's too important for us to have zero accountability on. I don't know if you believed that the role you were taking was a laid back one, where you do a few recruitment things and every season or so come up with something bigger when you can. But we frankly need more than that, and saying so isn't a criticism of your character or the work you've done in other places, or even here. It's simply saying we need more all the time from this role because it's too vital. 

Anyway carry on with this thread. 

you just had to come in with 3 paragraphs didnt you

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

you just had to come in with 3 paragraphs didnt you

Listen it's you mother fuckers who said "Bring Devise back." Here he is, you got him, you unleashed the monster. I was happy being a Mr. and typing more one sentence posts and just being chipper about things. :P 

8 minutes ago, Devise said:

Listen it's you mother fuckers who said "Bring Devise back." Here he is, you got him, you unleashed the monster. I was happy being a Mr. and typing more one sentence posts and just being chipper about things. :P 

i personally was against bringing devise back, in fact mr power can stay gone too in fact actually you should just leave :P

:ph34r:

24 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i personally was against bringing devise back, in fact mr power can stay gone too in fact actually you should just leave :P

:ph34r:

Oh I'm sure eventually that'll happen too. Give me these next two players and see how I feel. :P 

• Head Moderator
13 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Can't be 1 million when the minimum offer is 500k and the max is 2 million...

Think waiver contracts are 1 million. You can go check somewhere :) I didn't say i was right, just guessing haha.

1 hour ago, BobertZ said:

I don't have much reason to do anything with Bern this season. But I have just announced my intention to relocate the franchise to Las Vegas

The Las Vegas Strippers?