Claimed:Ravenwing Makes Most of First All Star Game

*I have a cold so I'm skipping making a podcast this week*

Playing with teammates Unassisted and Diana Maxwell, New York Americans' center Essian Ravenwing it took a little time to get the feel for his unfamiliar linemates. Ravenwing has been centering young grinder Phil Shankley and, until recently, coke-addled madman William Covington III on the Americans' second line, with Unassisted and Maxwell being joined by veteran Tom Lincoln on the first line.

Through 40 minutes, the game was quite uneventful, tied 1-1 with only 20 total shots on goal, with the second period having a combined 5. Team Gorlab goaltender Rhett DeGrath pitched a shutout, stopping 1 shot in 20 minutes. Halfway through the third period, the game was still tied 1-1, and fans were getting restless. 

At the 10:53 mark of the final stanza, Pietro "Quicksilver" Maximoff tallied his second goal of the contest to put Team Boubabi in the lead. A mere 10 seconds later, however, Ravenwing knotted the game up. Here's the call from the press box:

Unassisted pushes the puck past Rodriguez on the faceoff after the Maximoff goal, darts into the zone...quick snap shot! Save by Moon! But it's loose and Maxwell gets a handle on it, blocked by Digital! Kicked back out to Maxwell and she shoots again! Scores! Ravenwing got his stick on the Maxwell shot and just like that, we're tied at 2!

Related image

The tie game would last all of 16 seconds before Maximoff completed the hat trick, yet once again, Team Gorlab was there to respond, a mere 12 seconds later. After over 35 minutes without a single goal, the fans were treated to four of them in barely over half a minute. 

Joel Jarvi would  light the lamp in the following minute, and with the floodgates open, Maxwell would tally her first of the game, assisted by Unassisted and Ravenwing, to put Team Gorlab up 5 to 3. Team Gorlab's AK47 would score the eventual game-winner 30 seconds later.

Team Boubabi fought to even up the game, with two quick goals by Lincoln and Zach Parechkin, before Maxwell sealed the deal, responding a mere 8 seconds after Parechkin's goal to make it 7-5 Team Gorlab. Ravenwing notched his second assist of the game on that play. The Welshman's three points were the second-most in the All-Star Game, behind Maximoff, Maxwell, and Unassisted, who each had four. After the game, Ravenwing was asked about the experience of playing in the All-Star Game.

Well, it was a little strange playing with Maxwell again after almost two seasons on separate lines, and I'm not really sure if I've ever played with Unassisted consistently, but it was a lot of fun. I know the game was pretty slow and sloppy for a while, and the last thing we want to do is be dull for the fans. I'm just glad we were able to put on a show in the third and hopefully send the fans home happy.

Image result for hockey locker room interview