Jump to content

Claimed:Who will Riga pick? Markus King??? or...


hedgehog337
 Share

Recommended Posts

9k=

 

 

*What the fuck I'm gon' do now?*

 

The regular season is already over for Riga and I'm starting to think about the future. The next stop for us is an upcoming off-season, which includes the draft. Reminder: Riga has the S54 RIG 1st, QUE and SEA 2nd and some third round picks. It's obvious that I'm putting a lot of hopes on the first round pick as it will bring an established VHL player to our team. I had a nice shortlist of players that I plan to draft and one of them is arguably the best goalie of S54 draft - Markus King. Right now he's the hardest working goalie of all his peers and it's not a surprise I'm looking closely at his way. However, I received some big news from @Kendrick himself - he said he doesn't wants to be drafted by the Riga Reign. More precise version - he already played 16 seasons in the Reign with different players and he isn't interested to spend his 17th and then 18th...and then maybe 24th season with Riga. So there's a big question for everybody involved in this draft - who is going to be drafted by me? There are some situations that can happen during and after the draft. Let's look at them.

 

 

1. I don't give a fuck and Markus King goes to Riga for an entertaiment purposes.

 

I'm usually trying to keep it quiet (that's why everybody still overlooks me and drafts my players in the second round), but now I might pull a risk card. Well, I need a goalie, you know. The main question is about his reaction - will he call me a shit GM in public; will he stop updating his player until I'll trade him or he's going to ask me kindly for a trade? Lots of interesting things can happen here.

 

2. I don't give a fuck and Markus King goes to Riga for my own and Riga good.

 

No entertaiment, just business. By my own and Riga good I mean a potential deal between Riga and some other team. It would be a risky move though - there's no guarantee that I'll find that team to make a deal. Also, it might be too controversial move; it's not like I'm afraid to be shitted on, but it's probably better to not making Riga a drama place...for my own and Riga good.

 

3. I'll leave Kendrick alone and draft the other player.

 

Also an option, especially if Riga gets something higher than the 4th pick. There are a lot of solid players that can play in VHL right away; this draft is pretty awesome itself with three active first-gen players and more recreates/second players. I think the first 12-13 players definitely can bring something to the table so I hope to find a steal in the second round. As for the first round pick - I see a multiple contenders for the TOP 4 spot: Gretzky, Abbott, Fook Yu, Fedorov, maybe someone else. Even Axelberry, although I don't know if he wants to play in VHL right away.

 

 

Who will Riga draft? It's a mystery, even for me. Stay tuned.

 

 

That's it and I'm out.

 

 

6 TPE goes to Krīgars.

Edited by hedgehog337
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although I still think Ironside is available to anyone, if you did draft me and had intentions of screwing me over I do have certain options to myself as well. I just am tired of Riga and have no interest in it. I think being here as long as I've been here has given me the right to be tired of playing for one franchise.

 

Seattle: 3

Toronto: 5

Calgary: 6

Quebec: 0

New York: 0

Riga: 13

Cologne: 12

Stockholm: 1

Helsinki: 7

Davos: 5

 

+ A whole bunch of split seasons with teams here and there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Although I still think Ironside is available to anyone, if you did draft me and had intentions of screwing me over I do have certain options to myself as well. I just am tired of Riga and have no interest in it. I think being here as long as I've been here has given me the right to be tired of playing for one franchise.

 

Seattle: 3

Toronto: 5

Calgary: 6

Quebec: 0

New York: 0

Riga: 13

Cologne: 12

Stockholm: 1

Helsinki: 7

Davos: 5

 

+ A whole bunch of split seasons with teams here and there.

very interesting that this is your first season in stockholm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

very interesting that this is your first season in stockholm. 

I spent like 20 games there in the original franchises turn there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BOOM said:

What if Cologne drafted you? Only one less than Riga. 

I can only assume he doesn't want to play there either. Makes me wonder, though, where he's hoping to end up.

 

@hedgehog337 draft King and then trade him to Davos for me. Should make Kendrick happy and you get your goalie.

Edited by Streetlite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

I can only assume he doesn't want to play there either. Makes me wonder, though, where he's hoping to end up.

 

@hedgehog337 draft King and then trade him to Davos for me. Should make Kendrick happy and you get your goalie.

Anywhere but Cologne/Riga really. 

 

I love how so many people seem fascinated by this news but yet Ive been in the league forever and find things less interesting if Im stuck where I've been for so long. It's really not that big of a wish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kendrick said:

Anywhere but Cologne/Riga really. 

 

I love how so many people seem fascinated by this news but yet Ive been in the league forever and find things less interesting if Im stuck where I've been for so long. It's really not that big of a wish.

I get it. When Lloyd Light was first drafted by Vasteras, my first thought was "these guys again?" and then the same with mist4ke in Davos. I've spent the vast majority of my time in the VHL on three teams: New York, Davos, and Vasteras. I'd guess that over 75% of my time in the VHL has been on those three teams.

 

I don't think it bothers me as much as it does you (particularly playing for New York, because this is the team that feels like home to me). But still, I get where you're coming from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

I get it. When Lloyd Light was first drafted by Vasteras, my first thought was "these guys again?" and then the same with mist4ke in Davos. I've spent the vast majority of my time in the VHL on three teams: New York, Davos, and Vasteras. I'd guess that over 75% of my time in the VHL has been on those three teams.

 

I don't think it bothers me as much as it does you (particularly playing for New York, because this is the team that feels like home to me). But still, I get where you're coming from.

Thank you. It's nothing against the GM's of those teams at all (although Greg didn't really listen to his players when I was last there) but I just don't get the same kick when I'm on a team that I've been with with so many players. It's natural for someone who has had so many 6-8 year career players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gregreg said:

We don't work well together. I think we both respect each other but we just don't work well. 

It's true. I believe Greg to be a good GM and someone who cares passionately about the teams he puts together, but we just don't have the same vision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New York: 13.5 (35%)

Vasteras: 12 (31%)

Davos: 7.5 (19%)

Seattle: 5 (13%)

Riga: 0.5 (1%)

Calgary: 0.5 (1%)

Toronto: 0

Quebec: 0

Cologne: 0

Helsinki: 0

 

lol

 

And those New York and Davos numbers are going up

Edited by Streetlite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...