Claimed:Who will Riga pick? Markus King??? or...

39 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Anywhere but Cologne/Riga really. 

I love how so many people seem fascinated by this news but yet Ive been in the league forever and find things less interesting if Im stuck where I've been for so long. It's really not that big of a wish.

Calgary getting you at 9 is a huge steal for them and Riga not being allowed to take you at 4th is a blow to them. You are essentially reshaping the league for your wish. You could on the other hand not bring any of this up and just play your three seasons with the team that drafts you and then go anywhere you wish in UFA. Just my two pennies.

2 hours ago, Streetlite said:

@hedgehog337 draft King and then trade him to Davos for me. Should make Kendrick happy and you get your goalie.

I'm gonna teel you a secret: not so long time ago I was lurking at Davos roster and made Goon know about my interest on mist4ke. He said you're the Davos future.

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Calgary getting you at 9 is a huge steal for them and Riga not being allowed to take you at 4th is a blow to them. You are essentially reshaping the league for your wish. You could on the other hand not bring any of this up and just play your three seasons with the team that drafts you and then go anywhere you wish in UFA. Just my two pennies.

As Ive mentioned, I've been in this league for its entirety and have been to Riga for a good chunk of that. My enjoyment in the league has slipped so telling Riga now that Im not keen on them is better because whats worse is that if I spend 3 years there and then bolt right away, that would suck worse for them.

6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

As Ive mentioned, I've been in this league for its entirety and have been to Riga for a good chunk of that. My enjoyment in the league has slipped so telling Riga now that Im not keen on them is better because whats worse is that if I spend 3 years there and then bolt right away, that would suck worse for them.

If they do draft you, can't you insist on a 1-year contract then be a RFA in the off season?

4 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

If they do draft you, can't you insist on a 1-year contract then be a RFA in the off season?

Uhh yes but at the same time there would be compensation for them and it's not worth it for another team to offer up (regardless of the level of player)

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Uhh yes but at the same time there would be compensation for them and it's not worth it for another team to offer up (regardless of the level of player)

I thought the cheapest compensation was a 2nd rounder, then a pair of 2nds, then a 1st rounder, and finally a pair of 1sts.

Unless that team offers you a relatively high salary that requires a compensation of two first rounders, why wouldn't the compensation be worth it? In fact, it might favour them as sacrificing one or two second round picks for a first round talent like yourself is beneficial?

51 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

I thought the cheapest compensation was a 2nd rounder, then a pair of 2nds, then a 1st rounder, and finally a pair of 1sts.

Unless that team offers you a relatively high salary that requires a compensation of two first rounders, why wouldn't the compensation be worth it? In fact, it might favour them as sacrificing one or two second round picks for a first round talent like yourself is beneficial?

Riga would have the choice to match the contract, so if a team only offers an amount for which the compensation would be a second round pick or two, I doubt Riga would let him go.