Backup Rule

Beketov

• Commissioner

pl4m66b.png

Did I miss a memo on it’s removal or have half the teams in the league just decided not to care about it?

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I only remember about 8 games for backup but my Joanna has 3 games already according to VHL index. Should be alright then?

If you started him and he played like shit Dadonov would have gone in and gotten a GP. In recognize that could be happening for a few here but I doubt it’s all of them.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

There's a sweet stat for goalies that shows game started (ST) in the stat line 

Hmm, never actually noticed that.

So Stockholm, Quebec, Cologne, Davos, and Riga have all started their starter too many times...

Technically Toronto has too but it’s already TOR G so it really makes no difference haha

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Wait, backup should have 8 starts at least, or something? Ok dis hard. Never even saw that rule btw, although I might have reading issues once again.

I’m not sure where the rule is hidden but backups must start a minimum of 8 games. It’s always been the case.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I’m not sure where the rule is hidden but backups must start a minimum of 8 games. It’s always been the case.

WHMmbBO.gif

My mistake is when I was making all these trades and clickbait articles while completily forgeting about the lines (yeah, auto-lines for 10 or so games). I made the lines only yesterday and put Joanna in, but apparently it's too late.

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Isn't Jardy supposed to auto put in backups if the GMS don't after 64 games?

That shouldn't be a thing anyway lol. A GM has one thing to remember with lines each season. Even just PMing the simmers the games to start the backup would be better - which is something I did a time or two. 

3 minutes ago, Molholt said:

That shouldn't be a thing anyway lol. A GM has one thing to remember with lines each season. Even just PMing the simmers the games to start the backup would be better - which is something I did a time or two. 

Yeah and most do, because they like to play them vs shit teams. But usually it gets taken care of. It was just bad luck on Jardy taking off exactly at game 64.

We can't blame the GMs when we've allowe this for th last gd knows how many seasons.

• Senior Admin
50 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

Honestly? Re-sim today's games

:yeahthat: 

I'll look into this when I get home and probably re-sim since there is so many.

15 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Isn't Jardy supposed to auto put in backups if the GMS don't after 64 games?

most of the time he does. I think I remember him making someone play their backup in playoff round 1  before though? so it is GMs responsibility overall. 

i for one would be fine getting rid of this sillyness next season.

• Commissioner
Just now, Will said:

:yeahthat: 

I'll look into this when I get home and probably re-sim since there is so many.

most of the time he does. I think I remember him making someone play their backup in playoff round 1  before though? so it is GMs responsibility overall. 

i for one would be fine getting rid of this sillyness next season though.

With all the potential backup goalies in the draft I would argue that this rule is going to be more important moving forward if anything. It was created so that backups didn’t sit on the bench all season; just so happens that 99% of the time teams only have 1 goalie.

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

With all the potential backup goalies in the draft I would argue that this rule is going to be more important moving forward if anything. It was created so that backups didn’t sit on the bench all season; just so happens that 99% of the time teams only have 1 goalie.

If someone has 2 active goalies I don't think one of them is going to be much less annoyed if they play 0 games vs 8 games

and if you wanted you could stipulate each human goalies has to get x amount of games but I don't see why we're forcing CPU's played over humans.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

So you should re-sim yesterday games as well? Dadonov will still sit at 65 games, if you re-sim only today.

Not sure who he against played but 1 game over for a non-playoff team isn’t the end of the world.

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

So you should re-sim yesterday games as well? Dadonov will still sit at 65 games, if you re-sim only today.

No because nobody cares about Riga :P

Don't worry about it, you were a new a GM so I think we can live with an extra game. 

1 hour ago, Will said:

If someone has 2 active goalies I don't think one of them is going to be much less annoyed if they play 0 games vs 8 games

and if you wanted you could stipulate each human goalies has to get x amount of games but I don't see why we're forcing CPU's played over humans.

Then no one would draft a second goalie?