Backup Rule

Beketov

3 hours ago, Streetlite said:

Honestly? Re-sim today's games

Fuck that. Make sure your back up is in. I did it, sent a list when I realized our back up wasn't being played when he should of been, lol.

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Isn't Jardy supposed to auto put in backups if the GMS don't after 64 games?

@Streetlite why should they make sure the GM's are doing their jobs and following rules? It's their job to sim, not make sure teams are following easy, simple rules. I caught on, resent lines and sent lists via pm/email to Jardy. It's not their issue or duty to look after that shit. 

@Will how is a resim fair for GM's who are actually doing their jobs properly and paying attention? I won both games - barely. What if I lose now? I lost because another GM couldn't do a simple, easy task? Everyone knows the job. Why should it be yours or Jardy's problem how many teams play over their back up limit? Sounds like a GM problem to me?

Do you know what would have prevented so many teams from going over? THEM sending in their lines with their back up goalie in net...

It has Nothing to do with who was simming. They should have made sure and were aware of how many games their goalies were at. There's like one inexperienced, new GM. No excuse for the rest. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Banackock said:

@Will how is a resim fair for GM's who are actually doing their jobs properly and paying attention? I won both games - barely. What if I lose now? I lost because another GM couldn't do a simple, easy task? Everyone knows the job. Why should it be yours or Jardy's problem how many teams play over their back up limit? Sounds like a GM problem to me?

Do you know what would have prevented so many teams from going over? THEM sending in their lines with their back up goalie in net...

It has Nothing to do with who was simming. They should have made sure and were aware of how many games their goalies were at. There's like one inexperienced, new GM. No excuse for the rest. 

We actually did lose one of the games because of the re-sim.

In one way it does kinda hurt the people who did it properly but on the other hand what kind of punishment would we have been able to use that would actually be worse than having their backup in? I think normally it would be forcing their backup in during the playoffs but there was so many of them that it could really fuck the playoffs up.

Just now, Beketov said:

In one way it does kinda hurt the people who did it properly but on the other hand what kind of punishment would we have been able to use that would actually be worse than having their backup in? I think normally it would be forcing their backup in during the playoffs but there was so many of them that it could really fuck the playoffs up.

That's honestly really too bad for them then, isn't it? It's such a simple task so if you're stupid enough to go over the limit, you deserve a suiting punishment that exemplifies just how stupid it is. 

Is it Jardy or Draper's problem? How? It's not their position or duty. It's ours to watch all this stuff. Is it a difficult task? Nope. One of the easiest. 

Honestly, it doesn't matter who simmed. IF everyone would have been aware and did their jobs properly and played their back ups in their lines, there wouldn't have been an issue. Period. 

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Guess you're starting next game. 

• Commissioner
Just now, Banackock said:

Guess you're starting next game. 

I wouldn't suggest it. Breaking the rules out of protest fixes nothing.

It does seem like the kind of thing we should establish specific punishments for though.

Just now, Beketov said:

I wouldn't suggest it. Breaking the rules out of protest fixes nothing.

It does seem like the kind of thing we should establish specific punishments for though.

I was joking, lol. 

Either get rid of the back up rule and let me play the guy I want to play every game, or as we have it now... keep the back up rule back actually enforce the rules. If that means te playoffs get fucked up, who gives a shit? That GM should have made sure the simple task of making sure their back up is in net for 8 of the 72 games. 

Why have the rule of 8 games if nothing happens if a GM doesn't do their duties? :P 

• Senior Admin

Like I said it should overall be a GM responsibility, but Jardy has been very accommodating as far as backups go for quite a long time with plugging them in for them in the last few games or whatever. So with so many teams shitting the bed this season it just wouldn't be appropriate for me to come in and make people play backups in playoffs when they are used to how Jardy has dealt with backups. 

It is unfortunate that you lost that game however because you have been very good with your backups, so really I am sorry about that and thank you for being prudent with them. 

All that being said maybe the GM forum needs to get a reminder of the backup rules and the responsibilities of GMs with regard to them. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Smarch said:

Ironic the first guy punished for cheating brings this up.

Who would have thought that 52 seasons later :P

Who would have thought peopl would still be holding a 10 year old mistake over my head :P

14 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Who would have thought peopl would still be holding a 10 year old mistake over my head :P

That's the problem with people that are too quick to forget. I'll bring it up.any chance I can cause it was stupid then and stupid now 

42 minutes ago, Banackock said:

At the same time it benefits the GMs that don't put/ignore their backups in because... well their starter gets to play more games.

4 minutes ago, Higgins said:

At the same time it benefits the GMs that don't put/ignore their backups in because... well their starter gets to play more games.

Which is agree with. I don't like the back up rule overly, but it's still a rule. Clearly it benefits us to play a 700 tpe goalie over our back ups, but rules are rules. 

Yeah the thing is stupid, but Jardy's been doing it that way for literally years and we can't retroactively go back and punish GMs because @Banackock wants to get a gold star and a pat on the head.

I say we do dump the rule, or we make GMs lose a pick or something if they don't take care of it in future seasons, but that's literally autistic as fuck to go to them now and be like "Yo, you know that thing we've been doing since the 20s? We aren't doing it anymore and because you weren't gifted with clairvoyance we're punishing you". Change it for next season, but we can't do anything about it now.

@Banackock how about from here on out, just make a post in the GM forum around game 60 asking if everyone has played their backup enough games or will have played their backup enough. That way it looks out for your better interest in your team and helps others. Then you could get that gold star and a huge pat on the back. Be the bigger man and take that route.