Backup Rule

Beketov

34 minutes ago, Will said:

I re-simmed the end of the season last season to fix improperly played backups for several teams including Stockholm, so no that would be unfair. In this case I'd have to resim the last 15 games and that's not worth it for one backup game. 

Seeing how it doesn't affect standings, I think if any punishment or remedy the max should be HSK G playing a game in the playoffs, if at all.

And then the shutouts leader for the season reads Jakab Holik 20 and Astrid Moon 20* since Moon got a 2-0 shutout over the Bears in the last game of the season

33 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Seeing how it doesn't affect standings, I think if any punishment or remedy the max should be HSK G playing a game in the playoffs, if at all.

And then the shutouts leader for the season reads Jakab Holik 20 and Astrid Moon 20* since Moon got a 2-0 shutout over the Bears in the last game of the season

uhhh no

• Commissioner

Obviously I'm bias as hell on it but personally I see no problem with an asterisk on Moon's 20 shutouts in the record book. He arguably should have never played the last game he got one in so he likely should only have 19.

It affects nothing, just saying that a simple asterisk on it seems fair.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Obviously I'm bias as hell on it but personally I see no problem with an asterisk on Moon's 20 shutouts in the record book. He arguably should have never played the last game he got one in so he likely should only have 19.

Well I am biased too and since this requires too much re-simming, there should be no asterisk at all.

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Punishing the player when they have zero control over it is a bit of a stretch.

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Da Trollfecta said:

Well I am biased too and since this requires too much re-simming, there should be no asterisk at all.

I never said anything about a re-sim. I said in the record books your 20 shutouts should have an asterisk because you shouldn't have been in that game. I'm fine with you having it, I just don't think it should be registered as such in the records.

9 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Punishing the player when they have zero control over it is a bit of a stretch.

If my team forgot to bench me for 4 games and I got shutouts in them all should I have those shutouts counted? It may be less but he still played more than he should have. Fine list it as 20 in the records but just slap an asterisk on it. It's not nearly a big a deal as it seems.

12 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

S1 VHL Entry Draft 1st overal, and first ever, pick - Robert Sharpe*

Totally different reason obviously, but even that example is true. Not that Sharpe had any record or something that needed a * beside it.

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I never said anything about a re-sim. I said in the record books your 20 shutouts should have an asterisk because you shouldn't have been in that game. I'm fine with you having it, I just don't think it should be registered as such in the records.

If my team forgot to bench me for 4 games and I got shutouts in them all should I have those shutouts counted? It may be less but he still played more than he should have. Fine list it as 20 in the records but just slap an asterisk on it. It's not nearly a big a deal as it seems.

There will literally be no asterisk next to my name. If that occurs, I will retire my player and completely leave the VHL as a whole. I would have been in for that game and out for another one of them.

1 minute ago, Da Trollfecta said:

Man you can't even go a full season without minding your own business.

As far as I know everybody shutted up after your save percentage climbed over .900

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Molholt said:

That shouldn't be a thing anyway lol. A GM has one thing to remember with lines each season. Even just PMing the simmers the games to start the backup would be better - which is something I did a time or two. 

Yep Even when i had no time to send in lines id PM Will and Jardy to put in ky back up

Should really unionize and force the league to hand out chill pills.

They would help.

Not to steal ideas from other leagues, but couldn't they just play their backup an extra time next season or something? Having it potentially affect the playoffs themselves would be kind of silly. And I wouldn't worry too much about putting an asterisk on anyone's records. People have long memories, so if people think there's an asterisk on it, they'll put it there in their own minds.

1 hour ago, MD9 said:

They would help.

Not to steal ideas from other leagues, but couldn't they just play their backup an extra time next season or something? Having it potentially affect the playoffs themselves would be kind of silly. And I wouldn't worry too much about putting an asterisk on anyone's records. People have long memories, so if people think there's an asterisk on it, they'll put it there in their own minds.

3c697276e6423f9d89e668de6d50e4d9_source-

2 hours ago, MD9 said:

They would help.

That works too, either way just have it so the team has to play their backup one more game at some point.

I don't get why @Da Trollfecta would fucking retire if there was an asterisk beside his name. That's ridiculous. It's a sim league, dude. Obviously it's your GMs fault and not yours, but it's still a game that shouldn't have been played with this rule that was in place. The rules are there for a reason.

I mean, shit, even I followed the rule. I just started GMing. Although, I made sure to get those 8 games out of the way early in the season so I could just leave Ironside in for the rest and not worry about it.

But also, I don't care much for whatever happens in this argument. Asterisk or no asterisk.