Claimed:Playoffs and Draft

Banackock

tumblr_m50zricgWr1qcqqkzo1_500.gif

Aleksei Federov has come a long way since he first entered the VHLM. Going from a one dimensional defensive player to an improving two-way defender, he's making it easy to have all VHL scouts eyes on him. While their is potential risk of his trainer burning out from the excessive amount of work he puts in each week, scouting reports like to think the risk is minimal. Though, this is common when it comes to trainers who heavily work and have more than one player on the go. For Federov, it is no different but has consistently and continuously shown that he is able to handle the level of effort and determination to build himself up to make him an elite, young, defensive prospect in the VHL's upcoming entry draft. With the playoffs only a short while away and the draft slowly creeping up on his, we figured it would be a fitting time to shine some light on one of the top prospects in the draft and see where his mind was at heading into the tail end of things. With a brief Q and A over some coffee and donuts, Federov cracked out some informational answers for General Managers and the league.

First question should relate to what's closest. How excited are you for some Brampton playoff hockey?

Really excited. For starters, @Beketov Sokolov is playing amazing, as is @Pandar and the rest of the boys. While we're not sitting in first, we have the defensive depth and guy between the pipes to (I believe) truly put us on top. @Kendrick has stood tall for us and really helped the team out huge. He's posted some pretty damn good numbers and while it is easy to beat up on the lower teams in this league, still wouldn't be where we are right now without an elite, young goalie like that. The boys just click and I have full faith in @Smarch to lead us into battle and shed some blood against the other teams. I'm sure there's the odd team who are going into it thinking their names already on the cup but I hope they know it's not going to be that easy.

Great. Next one: What would you say about your season? Have you reached your goals or pushed through them?

Honestly? Was hoping for more shots blocked. That was expected, but I've blown way passed my expectations for power play production and my point productions is exceeding expectations as well. I was more so thinking I'd be bumping uglies with the point per game mark this season, but finishing well above that mark is a good feeling. Hopefully I can continue and/or improve this style of play heading into the playoffs.

Yeah, yeah. Now, heading towards the draft. Have you heard anything?

Not a single thing. No one has come towards me yet, but maybe it's not super expected at this point. Still lots of hockey to play and not much has been figured out when it comes to who is drafting where. I have an idea of where I'd like to play and an idea of where I wouldn't want to play. The list for where I wouldn't is much smaller than where I would. Pretty much only includes 2 or 3 teams and the only reason one is there is because I don't know who the GM is.

We've heard that a certain team may be closing in on a rebuild. Not too hard to guess which. What are your thoughts on you going there?

Well, we won't totally blow their cover but if you're talking about who I think you are, wouldn't be an issue. I'd love to play there. Not sure what kind of career my player will hold, but maybe with the right team I'll stick around for quite sometime. That, or I could be an FA bug as I haven't gotten that too much during my time here. @BobertZ seems to have that thing figured out, so maybe I'll contact him and see how to handle FA like a professional.

(thats 600+ words, for Federov)

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

tumblr_m50zricgWr1qcqqkzo1_500.gif

Aleksei Federov has come a long way since he first entered the VHLM. Going from a one dimensional defensive player to an improving two-way defender, he's making it easy to have all VHL scouts eyes on him. While their is potential risk of his trainer burning out from the excessive amount of work he puts in each week, scouting reports like to think the risk is minimal. Though, this is common when it comes to trainers who heavily work and have more than one player on the go. For Federov, it is no different but has consistently and continuously shown that he is able to handle the level of effort and determination to build himself up to make him an elite, young, defensive prospect in the VHL's upcoming entry draft. With the playoffs only a short while away and the draft slowly creeping up on his, we figured it would be a fitting time to shine some light on one of the top prospects in the draft and see where his mind was at heading into the tail end of things. With a brief Q and A over some coffee and donuts, Federov cracked out some informational answers for General Managers and the league.

First question should relate to what's closest. How excited are you for some Brampton playoff hockey?

Really excited. For starters, @Beketov Sokolov is playing amazing, as is @Pandar and the rest of the boys. While we're not sitting in first, we have the defensive depth and guy between the pipes to (I believe) truly put us on top. @Kendrick has stood tall for us and really helped the team out huge. He's posted some pretty damn good numbers and while it is easy to beat up on the lower teams in this league, still wouldn't be where we are right now without an elite, young goalie like that. The boys just click and I have full faith in @Smarch to lead us into battle and shed some blood against the other teams. I'm sure there's the odd team who are going into it thinking their names already on the cup but I hope they know it's not going to be that easy.

Great. Next one: What would you say about your season? Have you reached your goals or pushed through them?

Honestly? Was hoping for more shots blocked. That was expected, but I've blown way passed my expectations for power play production and my point productions is exceeding expectations as well. I was more so thinking I'd be bumping uglies with the point per game mark this season, but finishing well above that mark is a good feeling. Hopefully I can continue and/or improve this style of play heading into the playoffs.

Yeah, yeah. Now, heading towards the draft. Have you heard anything?

Not a single thing. No one has come towards me yet, but maybe it's not super expected at this point. Still lots of hockey to play and not much has been figured out when it comes to who is drafting where. I have an idea of where I'd like to play and an idea of where I wouldn't want to play. The list for where I wouldn't is much smaller than where I would. Pretty much only includes 2 or 3 teams and the only reason one is there is because I don't know who the GM is.

We've heard that a certain team may be closing in on a rebuild. Not too hard to guess which. What are your thoughts on you going there?

Well, we won't totally blow their cover but if you're talking about who I think you are, wouldn't be an issue. I'd love to play there. Not sure what kind of career my player will hold, but maybe with the right team I'll stick around for quite sometime. That, or I could be an FA bug as I haven't gotten that too much during my time here. @BobertZ seems to have that thing figured out, so maybe I'll contact him and see how to handle FA like a professional.

(thats 600+ words, for Federov)

Contact me if you want to know the ways of the master