POLL: Which rebuilding team will be ready in S55?

hedgehog337

Well?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are several teams on rebuilding stage and looks like most of them are poised to return to contender world in S55. Which team has more chances to start their playoff run in that season? Here's the list of rebuilding teams:

Calgary. We can talk much about @Pablo's imfamous(?) trade, but it seems like Calgary is still in decent position for making it's first run in S55. Right now CAL has goalie Jacob and forwards MF Sharpe and GM's player, Pablo. I assume this draft won't bring something big to the Wranglers (maybe a steal), but the S55 first round pick might be enough to make a return.

Toronto. I think @DollarAndADream has the tougher job to get Toronto back on top. Right now this team has only Sokolov and the S54+55 first. I assume DAAD will take his Ironside and lock the goalie position, but I think the Legion won't start fight in 55th season.

Cologne. The rumors has it that @gregreg wants to trade his most promising players and that means let the rebuild begin! I guess this team won't be able to start in S55 though.

Davos. @Smarch took Davos in this week and this is good news for the Dynamo. Right now Davos has the goalie mist4ke and the S54+55 first (Fook Yu for season 54?) and the S54 NY second round pick which can bring some steal if NY does the two-peat. Also, Davos will get Smarch's player, so this puts Davos on the same level as Calgary imo.

Riga. I don't see how I can make a real playoff push in S54, so I'll just continue to draft players. I have my own Krīgars, Leblanc (both centers), Dotran, maybe Aho and Virtanen, although Vincent is retiring after next season. I think Riga might be ready in S55.

So which team is more ready to fight in the near future?

1 TPE goes to Krīgars.

Edited by hedgehog337

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

I could make the playoffs next season.

Depends on Seattle I think. Whether they decide to rebuild or not is very key, as is what happens to Holik. But I would put both Quebec and Calgary ahead of Toronto for sure. And if Seattle rebuilds pretty much solidifies that three spot again. We'll see how things go down though could be an interesting conference. Calgary, Quebec and to a lesser extent Toronto all going to be breaking into the scene around the same time. Kind of mirrors whats going on in Europe with Stockholm and Helsinki, as well as Davos sneaking in now as well. 

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Toronto probably won't be truly ready until S56? I'm not entirely sure. Going to do this upcoming draft and take it from there.

Thankfully you don't really have added pressure to win early with the franchise. Coming off of a threepeat the rest of us are fine if you just let us take a turn until your super good again. :P 

9 hours ago, Devise said:

Thankfully you don't really have added pressure to win early with the franchise. Coming off of a threepeat the rest of us are fine if you just let us take a turn until your super good again. :P 

Haha, yeah. I know most people not on Toronto for the 3peat probably didn't quite like it. It's always probably better to see different teams winning cups, but as a 3peater it was a hell of a historical ride.

Also, as a rookie GM myself I'm not exactly expecting to shred through the league at all. Just going through the motions and seeing what comes. Obviously, I'm going to try my best to get to championship status and draft/trade for the right players. But I'm not expecting immediate success.

19 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Haha, yeah. I know most people not on Toronto for the 3peat probably didn't quite like it. It's always probably better to see different teams winning cups, but as a 3peater it was a hell of a historical ride.

Also, as a rookie GM myself I'm not exactly expecting to shred through the league at all. Just going through the motions and seeing what comes. Obviously, I'm going to try my best to get to championship status and draft/trade for the right players. But I'm not expecting immediate success.

I'm like you and just hope I don't get my name dragged through mud during this haha

4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Just draft @DollarAndADream and @stevo and you'll be good to go.