VHLM Relocation Talk

Kendrick

Now the relocation of VHLM's has been a hotly debated topic in the past month or so, however as we have heard it probably won't be happening considering the changes coming to the VHLM itself. That being said I figured I'd write something out for the one TPE and also give you insight on a proposal I had to try and maybe boost some excitement. I understand not everyone in the world would be excited to play in the VHLM to start off, much less play for a city in Bratislava or somewhere that they had to look up on google for that matter. I think to insight players who join we needed to have locations that actually appeal to people from North America. Now before the Europeans get mad at me for this (I am European) and just know that the demographic of the VHL is largely North American users. That being said, obviously the Europeans we have here are greatly influencing our league and we accept them just the same. However, the real appeal with our demographic would be places in North America that aren't not exactly used in in Sim Leagues. If you know of the SBA, SHL and VHL (The Big 3) then you will know that a lot of cities have been used in all three leagues. SHL has all North American teams and its one of the things over that that does make it easier to stick with their minor teams if you have to stay there for two seasons. This past off-season I had proposed to @Smarch about a VHLM team moving to Chicago and becoming the Chicago Sting. The initial proposal had many things in mind when I first came up with it.

• The "Sting" name had ties to the Chicago Mob history that you may have read or seen in documentaries (@frescoelmo) helped with this knowledge
  • Chicago was a main city in the United States and hadn't seen many Sim Leagues brace it if I recall correctly
  • The Hornet logo that was proposed was modern and slick, albeit not exactly created entirely for this league
  • Moving a team out of a city that no one had ties to, to a city that had some ties plus was hockey crazy/relevant was a huge component

So I thought it would be cool just to share what I had proposed. I was turned down because of the VHLM landscape changing, but it would've been fun!

fairview-yellowjackets-final_2x.png

*For Markus King

13 minutes ago, Devise said:

I'm pretty sure @boubabi could make a sick logo for a Sting team. I like the name and theme too. We'll see what happens with all of this post some of the VHLM decisions. 

Yes and no. Logo making takes a while. Dont want to throw my time and energy in a lost cause. So it has to be a solid project and a viable. The vhlm is definitely not my definition of viable.

I've always wondered how many people look at locations of teams to make decisions such as whether to join the league or whether they'd be happy to join a team in a certain location.

In the first player sim league I was in, which was also the longest lasting football sim I've been in (think it went for 11 seasons), we had teams in India, Jamaica, Maui, Ukraine, places like that which would never realistically want a big football team and I can't actually remember anyone bringing it up as a problem. So I never really thought of it as an issue before I joined this league, but I have definitely seen the issue brought up quite a bit here, so it must be a bigger issue than I originally thought. 

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

The "Sting" name had ties to the Chicago Mob history that you may have read or seen in documentaries (@frescoelmo) helped with this knowledge

I want royalties for the vast knowledge I provided regarding my hometown :cheers:

5 hours ago, boubabi said:

Yes and no. Logo making takes a while. Dont want to throw my time and energy in a lost cause. So it has to be a solid project and a viable. The vhlm is definitely not my definition of viable.

You mean you can't just whip up a logo likes it's nothing? Well you better improve because we'll need you making one every few seasons once we start allowing every new GM to move their team. 

6 hours ago, boubabi said:

Which I why I never asked you, because wasting your time on something the Commish's said was only a 5-/50 thing to begin with wasn't worth it either. Obviously though I would have if they said it could be a thing