S54 VHL Draft Lottery

Will

• Senior Admin

S54 DRAFT LOTTERY RESULTS

1st overall: Toronto Legion :tor:

2nd overall: HC Davos Dynamo :dav: 

3rd overall: Helsinki Titans (via Calgary):hel: 

4th overall: Riga Reign :rig: 

Wow indeed. I'm real curious how this is going to turn out. 

So the ruling on @DollarAndADream drafting his own player was that it's entirely up to him if Torstein is his GM player or not correct? So what happens if he's drafted by another team and decides he wants that to be his GM player? 

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Devise said:

So the ruling on @DollarAndADream drafting his own player was that it's entirely up to him if Torstein is his GM player or not correct? So what happens if he's drafted by another team and decides he wants that to be his GM player? 

He doesn't have that option. If he gets drafted by someone else he has to make another GM player. 

I'm not sure why he wouldn't just make a GM player anyways tho, he could still draft Torstein - I assume he will probably do this. 

I'm a bit confused. I thought the rule was that a team couldn't move down more than one lottery space, and Toronto finished with the second worst point total didn't they. So doesn't that mean they can't fall any lower than 3rd?

Edit: From rules:

The maximum spots a team can move down is 1 spot. If the result of the lottery still allows teams to move down a maximum of one spot, there will be a second lottery for 2nd and/or 3rd overall. Effectively:

Edited by Salt

1 minute ago, Salt said:

I'm a bit confused. I thought the rule was that a team couldn't move down more than one lottery space, and Toronto finished with the second worst point total didn't they. So doesn't that mean they can't fall any lower than 3rd?

The plot thickens...

• Senior Admin

Okay, obviously the #'s themselves are fine, it was my labeling of the numbers on the spreadsheet. 

So all this means is Toronto and Riga switch places. Luckily I don't think either of them have seen this yet so....

Just now, Salt said:

430xWL1.png

Like legit, since there is no video evidence of the draw I do think @Will the best action is probably to simply redo the entire draw, live on cam. Like I'm not saying your lying about switching the numbers on the sheet, but...yeah. 

• Senior Admin
55 minutes ago, Devise said:

Like legit, since there is no video evidence of the draw I do think @Will the best action is probably to simply redo the entire draw, live on cam. Like I'm not saying your lying about switching the numbers on the sheet, but...yeah. 

Why would we do that? The outcome is based on numbers assigned to teams based on their position in the rankings, not teams themselves. 

b64b0e24e036cc5b0e54a9bb025131bf.png

That's what I had written - first # was 2, meaning Riga 1st and Davos drops to second. 2nd lottery number was 4, so Helsinki at 3rd and Toronto drops to 4. Even if you don't think I remember the specific numbers (which I do), there's only one way I could have arrived at the original. 

Problem was that it should have read: (because the numbers are based on the standings - the same numbers go to each position every season) 

6bcf95ff90028724c7ebcdaa010142c8.png

It doesn't change any numbers, its just a matter of labeling. The number in 2nd place was called first fair and square, followed by the number in 4th place. The rules dictate the rest.