My Personal Best TPE Record

Beketov

• Commissioner

Once I update this in I will officially be 1 TPE off of tying my personal record for 1 player with 825 (currently held by Miller). To some that's a pretty pathetic amount, hell I'm sure Karnage had that before his rookie contract was up, but for me it's quite a bit; mostly because I'm actually a scrub. So, to get myself a tad bit closer to this milestone (again, for me) I decided to write this up as a way of tallying a few things I've noticed while getting on pace to easily shatter my personal TPE record.

1. How the fuck did I not go the full 8 for so long? I guess if I look back at all my players individually it makes sense but still. Miller was my first player to ever go the full 8 in a league where people were doing it constantly. Sharpe obviously I didn't see the need to keep around, Beketov I could have kept but wanted the extra carryover, no idea why I stopped with Young, Kristensen was a scrub so I wanted him gone quickly. White I just stopped? Maybe I went inactive, I don't remember. Chekhov I got fucked by the market (fingers crossed that doesn't happen again) and that gets us to Miller. It's just weird I had that many players and never did it.

2. Podcasts are a godsend. While I haven't had time to record a podcast every single week I've still realized how great it is for getting my weekly task in. Rather than taking 2-3 hours to make a GFX I may or may not like I can just play CoD and ramble for an hour and people actually enjoy it. That's crazy to me and has kept me getting close to max almost every week I've had Holik. That obviously makes a pretty damn big difference.

3. I'm awful for doing extra shit. Even though this will mark a personal landmark for me it's MILES below what some people can do. Hell, it's quite a bit below what some first gens have done if I'm not mistaken. Why might that be? Simple: I suck. Even if I ignore donations (which I just don't have the disposable income to do) I miss out on a lot of free TPE. I don't get my reviews in as often as I should, I rarely do fantasy stuff, hell with Sokolov I don't even remember to get my free 1 TPE a week 95% of the time. I think I've always justified it as "well it's only like 2 TPE a week that I'm missing" and that's true but damn it adds up. Let's assume a season lasts 2 months (off-season to end of playoffs is likely about that), that comes out to 8 TPE per season at only 2 missing a week. By this point in my career that's 48 TPE which definitely isn't nothing. So yeah, I suck.

4. STHS / League timing still hates me. For those that haven't bothered to look at the list, if you don't count my VHLM awards (there aren't many anyway) I have a TOTAL of 3 individual awards over my 8 players. 2 with Beketov, 1 with White. That's it. I joke frequently that @Green has, several times, gotten more than that in 1 season. But alas, here I am. It's honestly discouraging sometimes to see that my work goes more or less un-rewarded most of the time. Miller holds my TPE record and did get 2 cups but played during a time when O'Malley and Karnage ruled the League. Holik is now 1 short of that record but played against the Celgane's and Weinstein his entire prime; and Wingate before then. Even if I do get lucky and not have a lot of competition for awards, such as this season for example, the sim engine decides to fuck my face for most of the year. It has become something I've sadly gotten used to. Sometimes the sim engine just likes you and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway, this is WAY longer than I anticipated or needed but who cares. I shall soon eclipse my personal TPE record which is nice to see; even if it's unlikely I'll even manage to finish in the top 20.

P.S Anyone still want an aging starter next season? Don't make me retire early yet again, it's getting sad at this point.

*For Holik

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner

Bonus Fact: As of this post I sit at 4309 TPE total across my 8 players. I wonder where that sits all-time? Probably still low. Maybe @ThePenultimateOlympian06 has a list of that but I doubt it.

27 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Bonus Fact: As of this post I sit at 4309 TPE total across my 8 players. I wonder where that sits all-time? Probably still low. Maybe @ThePenultimateOlympian06 has a list of that but I doubt it.

I don't have a list, no, but if I had to guess, I'd say probably top ten. Behind at least Kendrick, sterling, tfong, Victor, myself, Phil.

Oh and Higgins for sure as well. And Jardy.

Okay maybe not quite top ten, because there are probably a couple others as well. I don't know if guys like Draper, STZ, and Green have had enough players to have you bested. Greg probably. Frank? Jericho?

Edited by ThePenultimateOlympian06

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, ThePenultimateOlympian06 said:

I don't have a list, no, but if I had to guess, I'd say probably top ten. Behind at least Kendrick, sterling, tfong, Victor, myself, Phil.

Oh and Higgins for sure as well. And Jardy.

Okay maybe not quite top ten, because there are probably a couple others as well.

Yup haha, once you think about it I'm probably not that high, maybe top 20. I've had a lot of players but none have hit 1000 and at least 2 didn't even hit 500.

I'd be interested in compiling a list but I'm not sure it's even possible. Would depend if player pages have been kept up to date on how much TPE former players have had. Mine with Miller was which is the only reason I know how much I've had.

Edited by Beketov

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Yup haha, once you think about it I'm probably not that high, maybe top 20. I've had a lot of players but none have hit 1000 and at least 2 didn't even hit 500.

I'd be interested in compiling s list but I'm not sure it's even possible. Would depend if player pages have been kept up to date on how much TPE former players have had. Mine with Miller was which is the only reason I know how much I've had.

It all depends on if the person included their list of players when they created their thread I think

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Pablo said:

It takes you 2-3 hours to make a sig? I can pop out a sig in like 5 minutes but usually its around half an hour to an hour. 

Depends how much I'm struggling to get it to look how I want. Can be anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours in my experience; usually the shorter ones I don't like as much though.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

Depends how much I'm struggling to get it to look how I want. Can be anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours in my experience; usually the shorter ones I don't like as much though.

I agree with the timeline.. weird thing is I usually love the ones that take like 30-45 mins and hate anything that is over that.. 

ive usually just fucked with it too much past that sweet spot time..

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, STZ said:

I agree with the timeline.. weird thing is I usually love the ones that take like 30-45 mins and hate anything that is over that.. 

100%. Anything from 30 minutes to 1 hour I usually love. Anything less seems too easy to be really good and anything more I'm starting to second guess everything above done but don't want to have lost the hour.

Just now, STZ said:

I generally spend around 45 minutes personally.  A lot of times I'll like what I've done but then add too much in the same way, but I find that my favorites are usually the ones that I step away from for at least an hour and then come back to.