S54 VHL Draft Mock-Up

Kendrick

With the recent announcement of the VHL Draft Lottery results, most of the VHL's draft landscape is now in full view. Some selections are still a little unclear as it stands right now but we get the meta and potatoes of it in place. Time to do a mock draft and give you my analysis on a draft that shapes up to be something special.

Round One
:tor: TORONTO LEGION: Markus King

Toronto needs a goaltender and luckily they have the first overall selection and three goalies to choose from. They go with King because he is the highest earning TPE leader at this stage but also because down the line Torstein Ironside could always join the Legion in free agency if King is traded off or signs elsewhere.

2. :dav: HC DAVOS DYNAMO: Fook Yu

You grab an Asian when you can. No seriously the VHL has seen some of the most influential players/members who have Asian decent. Now the funny thing is that most have them have been from TFong and that's the same with this young centerman.
3. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS: Torstein Ironside

This team is still young and they feature a roster that is growing everyday. Astrid Moon is their goaltender now but with the ever growing feeling that he won't turn into anything and the unsettling feeling surrounding him retiring or not, they go grab a goaltender with a higher ceiling.
4. :rig:RIGA REIGN: Shawn Gretzky

Gretzky looks to be a solid player and with the outspoken agent he has, we don't see Gretzky busting at all. Plus Riga would love to start the rebuild off with a player of his calibre.
5. :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: Hudson Abbott

Abbott's attitude is brought into question because of his past in the VHL with other players, but his TPE earning is very promising. Quebec has a habit of grabbing guys that other teams don't want to touch with a 10 foot poll.
6. :sto: STOCKHOLM VIKINGS: Aleksei Federov

Stockholm may trade this pick away for more picks but if they stay here they would select a quality defensemen who has had a great season with the Brampton Blades. Federov could be a future #1 or #2 defensemen for the Vikings who lose World B. Free this off-season to retirement.
7. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS: Rudolph Schmeckeldorf

Helsinki has a goaltender no matter what they do in this draft, but if Moon moves on and they grab Ironside; that opens the door to draft the young german Rudolph Schmeckeldorf. This isn't an Inglorious Bastards character, this is young forward with great potential.
8. :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: Vernon Von Axelberry

Another goaltender off the board and this time they draft another player they can have groom in the VHLM for a season as they ride their current goalies into the sunset. Vernon would normally go before this but goalies aren't a need everywhere.
9. :nya: NEW YORK AMERICANSTakashi Fujimoto

Easy for New York to grab Verner Reinholdt here but why do that when one of the best first-gens is ready for your molding. Fujimoto would fit well with the current Americans roster and he would be taught a lot of valuable stuff.
10. :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS: Rask Rowe

If Calgary's recent acquisition history tells us anything, they don't seem to put thought into their rosters. Grabbing Jacob was crazy but passing on Verner Reinholdt would just kind of cement themselves as strange management.

@Higgins

2 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Maybe Higgins drafts King to make him a backup. Sounds about right. But it's adorable how the clown crew is all trying to band together.

NIGHTMARECREW-KILLERCLOWN.gif

Also Verner that 2nd round steal?! :P 

16 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Maybe Higgins drafts King to make him a backup. Sounds about right. But it's adorable how the clown crew is all trying to band together.

I ask you, on what previous players does your resume give you the inkling that your players are more valuable than anyones? It's a serious question. I just want to know where the trash talking comes from. If it's just non-harmful fun than I fully support it, but if you are actually thinking your resume holds ground in the VHL, I question your stance. I think I may have asked this before as well.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I ask you, on what previous players does your resume give you the inkling that your players are more valuable than anyones? It's a serious question. I just want to know where the trash talking comes from. If it's just non-harmful fun than I fully support it, but if you are actually thinking your resume holds ground in the VHL, I question your stance. I think I may have asked this before as well.

The simple fact that stands as my only other goalie went on for about 5-6 seasons worth. Higgins knew what he was getting into when he took me and I told him I would stick around for 8. I find it funny how you and everyone else believe that I can't do it. So here I am with my goalie who will play all 8 seasons with Helsinki provided Higgins keeps me around. I have no plans on leaving in FA and I have put my faith in him as GM yet again. The fact you put Dollar's goalie up here is just disrespectful to Dollar himself. Unless you are posting it for non-harful fun, then sure I can laugh at it. If you are actually thinking that Higgins wasting a pick on a player he would have to find a trade partner for or just screw Dollar's second player over with, then there might be something wrong with your thought process.

9 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

The simple fact that stands as my only other goalie went on for about 5-6 seasons worth. Higgins knew what he was getting into when he took me and I told him I would stick around for 8. I find it funny how you and everyone else believe that I can't do it. So here I am with my goalie who will play all 8 seasons with Helsinki provided Higgins keeps me around. I have no plans on leaving in FA and I have put my faith in him as GM yet again. The fact you put Dollar's goalie up here is just disrespectful to Dollar himself. Unless you are posting it for non-harful fun, then sure I can laugh at it. If you are actually thinking that Higgins wasting a pick on a player he would have to find a trade partner for or just screw Dollar's second player over with, then there might be something wrong with your thought process.

This isn't a serious mock draft, he's just trying to push your buttons, it's what he does.

Just now, Bushito said:

This isn't a serious mock draft, he's just trying to push your buttons, it's what he does.

Oh trust me, I know Kendrick all too well. I just like being an asshole about things back and forth with people.

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

thank you for your input not bushito. what other cool stuff did you find on bushitos old laptop that he sold to you

I don't think anybody who has been here for longer than a week needs someone to tell them this information

2 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

I get that, but 5-6 seasons of Trifecta is different than say Dollar's 8 seasons with Boychuk/Parechkin. That resume looks differently. Hell if you even want to go and compare both of us, the resume for my building looks a tad more shiny than yours. So I get you like to trash talk, but why trash talk people who always have a leg up on you in regards to building players, sticking with them and actually bringing value long-term to franchises.

We don't believe you can't do it because of our own beliefs though, we believe you can't do it because of what you've shown us. We've gone through this entire spiel before where you find it funny that we doubt you, even though you've given us no reason not too. 

Look, my thought process is as honest as they come. I have had some great player, I have had some average players and I have had one player I'd somewhat like to forget. I see the league as well as prospects for what they are worth and in regards to the value of each player I'd say I have a pretty good understanding of the players worth relative to the members portfolio. I'm just saying that you have never given us a real reason to believe that 8 seasons is doable from you. Not that I don't think you think that, but we have never seen you stick through a player to his/her entirety. I do the VHLSC Draft Rankings and have been for the past 14 seasons or so. I have seen I think 4 of your players in that time frame? That somewhat preaches on what I'm saying here. I mean no disrespect just giving you the gravy with the full meal.

@Devise is this long enough yet?

2 hours ago, Bushito said:

I mean if you think that, based on your resume we know you'll flake 2-3 seasons into your gM tenure as well.

38 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I mean if you think that, based on your resume we know you'll flake 2-3 seasons into your gM tenure as well.

I mean what does me thinking that have to do with a GM tenure? See it's just lame attempt after lame attempt to start shit. Then If I do respond and your little BOG buddies will accuse me of being mad when anyone with two brain cells can see you go around trying to start shit with me. Someone is butthurt and emotional over a sim league, not a big shock though that you get that worked up over it, I mean you created a whole fake on line life to impress internet hockey players.

36 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I mean what does me thinking that have to do with a GM tenure? See it's just lame attempt after lame attempt to start shit. Then If I do respond and your little BOG buddies will accuse me of being mad when anyone with two brain cells can see you go around trying to start shit with me. Someone is butthurt and emotional over a sim league, not a big shock though that you get that worked up over it, I mean you created a whole fake on line life to impress internet hockey players.

Well hate to tell you but you did come after me first with your comments in another thread. So don't throw stones in glass houses.

See now you are going in more detail, so tell us it really wasn't Scooter who bought the computer, it was Tyler all along?

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Well hate to tell you but you did come after me first with your comments in another thread. So don't throw stones in glass houses.

See now you are going in more detail, so tell us it really wasn't Scooter who bought the computer, it was Tyler all along?

I asked you a question in another thread and you answered it and I didn't say anything else about it. Then you started following me around quoting all my posts so I started doing the same to you. What detail am I going into?

17 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I asked you a question in another thread and you answered it and I didn't say anything else about it. Then you started following me around quoting all my posts so I started doing the same to you. What detail am I going into?

I didn't know responding to a suggestion was following around someone. I mean there have been about 15 suggestions thus far and I've given my opinion in plenty of them, but hey if you want the fanbase sure. In fact even in this thread you quoted others while referring to me, so really who is following/obsessed with who here? You know that this whole temperament is Bushido though right? Like its not even worth trying to play off now. Let me guess, GM'ing in the VHL is probably really easy? Making a great goalie is the easiest player model to do?

12 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I didn't know responding to a suggestion was following around someone. I mean there have been about 15 suggestions thus far and I've given my opinion in plenty of them, but hey if you want the fanbase sure. In fact even in this thread you quoted others while referring to me, so really who is following/obsessed with who here? You know that this whole temperament is Bushido though right? Like its not even worth trying to play off now. Let me guess, GM'ing in the VHL is probably really easy? Making a great goalie is the easiest player model to do?

lol, you've literally quoted me like 15 times in the past 2 weeks, nobody else has. And yeah I read all the mock drafts so far because I'm in the draft and interested. I responded because there you were treating another individual like you do me. Creating a good player in the league doesn't seem all that hard, do an hour of research and put in the work. GMing? Can't be that hard he won two championships without even being here, doubt any other GM has pulled that off., lol

Edited by Bushito