Some fun Facts about Moon's Playoff Performance

Beketov

• Commissioner

You've probably seen Astrid Moon Running his (her's? theirs? idk) mouth over the course of the playoffs; saying how amazing his (I'll go with that) stats are and how everyone else is trash and how Helsinki would be nothing without him. These claims without context or proof have been entertaining to argue with but I wanted to deal a little more in facts. So, I did some digging. We have playoff indexes dating from S19-present so I couldn't dig any older than that but within these seasons I found the following information. These numbers are all based on VHL playoff starters, not accounting for backups (though sometimes they did do better).

• Moon's playoff GAA of 3.97 is the worst since S45 and the 8th worst all time. Mind you one of the 7 that are worse than him was QUE G in S32 so, yeah, 7th worst among actual people.
  • Moon's Playoff Save % of .865 is the worst since S30 and is the 2nd worst all time. Only Satan's .851 in S30 rated worse.
  • Of the players above, Moon is the only one to get carried into the second round, all others lost in the first round, proving his team did the work, not him.
  • Notice how I said QUE G was starting in S32 but Moon's S% was the lowest since S30? Yeah, that's because QUE G had a higher S% at .900.

Not @ThePenultimateOlympian06 level statistic gathering, I don't have a spread sheet, but I found it fun to find the historical context. It's not everyday that a goalie sets 2 bottom 10 records in the same playoffs.

*For neither player, this was just for fun

Edited by Beketov

• Head Moderator

Heh no real surprise honestly. Hes only got 300 TPE. A large enough sample size of games at that TPE level would give him subpar stats as not many goalies in that playoffs have so little TPE.

Edited by tfong

Well first off let me set the record straight jackass since you like to get literally EVERYTHING wrong.

1. I never claimed to have the best playoff stats.

2. I never claimed that my team wouldn't be there without me.

So for you to go out and say all these things, is just you lying and trying to get attention. Please go back into the hole in which you crawled out of because it's honestly more peaceful with you there.

3 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

Well first off let me set the record straight jackass since you like to get literally EVERYTHING wrong.

1. I never claimed to have the best playoff stats.

2. I never claimed that my team wouldn't be there without me.

So for you to go out and say all these things, is just you lying and trying to get attention. Please go back into the hole in which you crawled out of because it's honestly more peaceful with you there.

But remember when you were talking about Holik's rookie year on a rebuilding team and your rookie year on a playoff team? Those statistics were fun when I brought out Mikaelson's stats. That was a fun thread.

8 hours ago, tfong said:

Heh no real surprise honestly. Hes only got 300 TPE. A large enough sample size of games at that TPE level would give him subpar stats as not many goalies in that playoffs have so little TPE.

I don't think anyone is denying his low TPE level Fong. You must have missed the part where Moon was trash talking to members who have actually kept a player past 2 seasons.