S53 Hall of Fame Induction

Will

• Senior Admin

S53 Hall of Fame Induction

Welcome to another season of inductees to the VHL Hall of Fame. This was a great year for the HOF discussions and voting with all the Season 45 big wigs landing on ballot and the end result is two players being inducted this season:

G - Greg Clegane, S45-S52 :hel::que::tor: @Victor

513 GP, 364 W, 114 L, 35 OTL, 1.80 GAA, .926SV%, 93 SO

S45 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy - Top Rookie

S49 Scotty Campbell Trophy - MVP

S49 Aidan Shaw Trophy - Top Goalie

S51 Aidan Shaw Trophy - Top Goalie (Co-Winner)

S51 Daisuke Kanou Trophy - Playoff MVP

Two Continental Cups (S45, 46)

It was fairly clear early on in The Mountain's career that he was destined for great things after backstopping Helsinki to repeat cups in his first two rookie seasons. Although that would be the height of his career in terms of Continental Cups, its hardly the case for just about everything else - as evidenced by his individual award cabinet, Clegane spent the rest of his career consistently among the top goalies in the league. He leaves the league as the All-Time leader among goalies in Wins, 5th in SV%, 1st in GAA, and 1st in SO. He's also tied at 2nd for Save Percentage in a season for his 9.40SV% in S51 -- the only other remotely modern player to make the top 10 of that list was Tukio in S38. 

Clegane will most definitely be regarded as one of the very best and in any other year that didn't have such a strong (and large) ballot, this surely would have been a unanimous induction. In any event, I'm happy to induct one of the most successful draft picks of my GM tenure to the Hall of Fame. 

RW - Max Molholt, S45-S52 :tor:  @Molholt

576 GP, 407 G, 462 A, 869 P, +271, 257 PIM, 524 HIT, 489 SB, 70 GW

S46 Kevin Brooks Trophy - Leading Goals

S49 Mike Szatkowski Trophy - Leading Points

S49 Alexander Beketov Trophy - Leading Assists

Three Continental Cups (S48, 49, 50)

If Greg Clegane wasn't surprising enough for you, I hate to get your hopes up with this one. The Toronto Legion won historic back-to-back-to-back cups in Seasons 48-50 due in no small part to this man, thus virtually guaranteeing his induction here today.  For 8 long seasons Max Molholt was a force for the Legion and beyond the 3 cups and individual hardware he has to show for it, Max leaves the league tied as the 4th all-time goal scorer and his S49 performance was good enough for the 5th most points in season from expansion to present.

Max Molholt and the others in the Legion core of the time will always be associated with the historic three-peat, but Molholt shall be further remembered here in the Hall of Fame.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board of Governors Vote:

Greg Clegane - 11/15

Max Molholt - 14/15

------------

Aleksi Koponen - 1/15

Phil Hamilton - 1/15

Sandro Clegane - 0/16

Wesley Kellinger - 0/16

Mike Szatkowski Jr. - 0/16

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Was very pleased with how this turned out. I thought being a goaltender wasn't fun. :P

Congrats Molholt my long-time nemesis and then at last teammate. Legend.

Congrats. Now recreate and come join Davos 

Edited by Smarch

Easy consensus with voting here, the better Clegane clearly made his case early, and stuck with it as he went along. Max pretty much soared through the point totals in league history as time went on but I don't want to say he fell under the radar but he certainly got less credit than Wingod for it. None the less, Max was a clear cut first ballot HoF type player.

:cheers: to both of you. Some great legacies written in the 40-50's when you consider O'Malley, WinGate, and now a few more names. We had some straight up destroyers show up in those seasons tbh. 

really strong group of players up for vote here...come to think of it, S45 was a pretty good draft class especially if you include the GM players

congrats to Victor and Molholt!

Edited by solas

• 1 month later...