Las Vegas Logo

Jericho

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, Bushitroll said:

Whoever can do it has seen this thread so I'll give it until I'm off work.

And what exactly happens when you get off work? 

I'll take it off the Aces forum sure, but I'm curious what kind of threats your leveling here. 

11 minutes ago, Will said:

And what exactly happens when you get off work? 

I'll take it off the Aces forum sure, but I'm curious what kind of threats your leveling here. 

I'm not threatening anything besides being a cunt until I get banned like I said. Like I said I would have been happy to colab but I'm not much for letting someone piss in my face and that's exactly what this bullshit topic was.

Just now, Bushitroll said:

I'm not threatening anything besides being a cunt until I get banned like I said. Like I said I would have been happy to colab but I'm not much for letting someone piss in my face and that's exactly what this bullshit topic was.

Do you think this is how adults handle their problems.

Admittedly I was a bit of a dick, but it was more so just a shit post. If you were genuinely offended and said such in a rational fashion I probably would have just apologized. That's what adults do. Instead you threw a hissy fit and then took contradictory stances on the matter of stealing logos. When you got called out on your contradictory stances you balked, because you really can't hold both ideas simultaneously.

If you have a problem with how this was brought up I understand, and I would agree I could have handled it better. But if you think that justifies how you've handled it since you're on fucking drugs. Making threats and expecting that to get results isn't how grown ups handle their problems, and if you think you're going to get the respect of your peers that way you're sorely mistaken.

45 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Do you think this is how adults handle their problems.

Admittedly I was a bit of a dick, but it was more so just a shit post. If you were genuinely offended and said such in a rational fashion I probably would have just apologized. That's what adults do. Instead you threw a hissy fit and then took contradictory stances on the matter of stealing logos. When you got called out on your contradictory stances you balked, because you really can't hold both ideas simultaneously.

If you have a problem with how this was brought up I understand, and I would agree I could have handled it better. But if you think that justifies how you've handled it since you're on fucking drugs. Making threats and expecting that to get results isn't how grown ups handle their problems, and if you think you're going to get the respect of your peers that way you're sorely mistaken.

I would have had no problems if someone would have contacted me or asked me if they could colab. But coming on and seeing this and you mouthing off my work, yeah it left a sour taste in my mouth. Then you go on saying my work was ripped off so you guys can take mine and do what you will with it. Well you know me. How did you think I would react to this? I don't have contradictory stances on anything, I don't want my work involved because you pissed me off not because @boubabi changed it, he did a great job. On a side note, if you think your respect is something I covet you might be the one on drugs. I wouldn't have an ounce of respect for someone that pisses on me when I try to do something helpful.

@Jericho is really the only person you should be mad at here @Bushitroll. This was handled professionally behind the scenes. It was brought up that possibly the logo may of had some unoriginal elements. Initially I defended the logo, but once I saw said elements we realised it probably needed a quick make over. Boubabi then hours later quickly gave us this. It was never intended to be rubbed in anyone's face and I'd like to state that in no way is all this reflective of the BoG. Kyle did this on his own and self admits he crossed the line, clearly imo. 

The intent was to just clean up a good mock logo idea. Nothing more. Apologies that we let it turn into this and for the offenses put onto you Bushito.

26 minutes ago, Bushitroll said:

I would have had no problems if someone would have contacted me or asked me if they could colab. But coming on and seeing this and you mouthing off my work, yeah it left a sour taste in my mouth. Then you go on saying my work was ripped off so you guys can take mine and do what you will with it. Well you know me. How did you think I would react to this? I don't have contradictory stances on anything, I don't want my work involved because you pissed me off not because @boubabi changed it, he did a great job. On a side note, if you think your respect is something I covet you might be the one on drugs. I wouldn't have an ounce of respect for someone that pisses on me when I try to do something helpful.

Right, so let me clarify exactly what I mean. Your contradictory stances are that you thinki ripping the logo originally is ok, but us using yours isn't ok. I never said we were going to continue to do so without your permission, I just wanted to know how you thought you could maintain those two ideas at the same time. My assumption was that you were deciding to hold your work hostage because you were super triggered, and that if you thought about it rationally you'd realize that maybe you shouldn't throw a hissy fit at everyone else and maybe direct your anger towards me. If you were doing that you wouldn't involve the logo at all because I had absolutely no part in making it. If you ultimately decided that you still wanted to hold the logo hostage afterwards I would have thought that to be childish, but well within your rights. I don't actually think we can say "Well fuck you, you did it so we can do it". I was moreso asking you your opinion because those ideas can't both exist.

As for "How did I expect you to react?" Probably more-or-less how you did. If you have self-admitted anger issues you can't use that as an excuse to go off any time someone says shit you don't like. That's how you were in the past, but people grow and evolve over time. Personal growth is normal, and something everyone should strive to. Recognizing a flaw is good, but you SHOULD work on it. That doesn't give you a point-blank excuse to freak out every time you disagree with something.

Lastly, when I said the respect of your peers, I meant all of them. I'm not so self centered as to assume I'm the moral compass for the world, but you're a part of a community and if you think that how you've acted today is going to endear yourself to the rest of the community, or people you act like this to in general you couldn't be more wrong. It's not a weakness to admit you handled something badly, I literally did that exact thing in regards to my bringing this up. But after that post look how you've argued and look at how I've argued. Which style is more constructive? Which style is more mature. I really couldn't care less if you like or respect me. I personally think you're a middle-aged man-child who needs everyone to know how big his E-penis is. But there are tons of other people here, and in life, who you'll probably have an impact on one way or the other over the course of your life. Try and be a better person for them.

Also I think Devise pretty much hit the nail on the head. Your issue is with me, holding the logo hostage is a really stupid way to try and get back at me. You're really hurting Robbie more than anyone else. I don't give a fuck if we use the logo or not. Really if you keep doing it you kind of prove my point for me. The best way to prove me wrong is probably to be super mature and make me look like an idiot for calling you a child. I don't think you have the restraint to do it, but that's probably your best course of action.

12 minutes ago, boubabi said:

minus 50 tpe for jericho 

Fuck, I'm gonna have to go blow Dumbledoor to get those points back before the End of the Year Banquet.

21 minutes ago, Devise said:

@Jericho is really the only person you should be mad at here @Bushitroll. This was handled professionally behind the scenes. It was brought up that possibly the logo may of had some unoriginal elements. Initially I defended the logo, but once I saw said elements we realised it probably needed a quick make over. Boubabi then hours later quickly gave us this. It was never intended to be rubbed in anyone's face and I'd like to state that in no way is all this reflective of the BoG. Kyle did this on his own and self admits he crossed the line, clearly imo. 

The intent was to just clean up a good mock logo idea. Nothing more. Apologies that we let it turn into this and for the offenses put onto you Bushito.

Kyle is the only person I was mad at. It would have been nice to get a heads up like "Boubabi wants to change the sticks on the logo and touch it up a bit." You think I would have said no? It's boubabi for fuck sakes I would have been more than happy. 

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I don't give a fuck if we use the logo or not.

Then why make the post? Why advocate for the logo at all? If anything this just feels like admission that this is nothing more than a troll attempt by you at Bushito. At which point this entire thread then should be moved to the Thunderdome where it belongs. This section is for serous suggestions and complaints, and if you honestly could give a shit about the very topic you initially started the thread on, then perhaps it should be moved accordingly.....

Just now, Bushitroll said:

Kyle is the only person I was mad at. It would have been nice to get a heads up like "Boubabi wants to change the sticks on the logo and touch it up a bit." You think I would have said no? It's boubabi for fuck sakes I would have been more than happy. 

The timeline never allowed for that. Seriously. There was a post made questioning if there was unoriginal assets used, it was examined by us and Boubabi made it clear that a mock up wouldn't take that long. However nobody commissioned anything at that point. Then, quite literally 2 hours after a post, Boubabi went "bam logo." I recall specifically because I remember reacting at how short of a time it took him to throw that up. Which he obviously indicated it's a lot easier to do with a good mock idea. 

But nobody outright said "Hey Boubabi clean this up asap." It was more of just a general topic, he happens to be in the BoG and he happened to have the time free to do it and did so.

Just now, Devise said:

Then why make the post? Why advocate for the logo at all? If anything this just feels like admission that this is nothing more than a troll attempt by you at Bushito. At which point this entire thread then should be moved to the Thunderdome where it belongs. This section is for serous suggestions and complaints, and if you honestly could give a shit about the very topic you initially started the thread on, then perhaps it should be moved accordingly.....

Yeah I should have gone Thunderdome to begin with.

I should clarify, I would LIKE for us to use Boubs's logo, but I don't really lose anything for us not being able to use it. My original post was because I really don't want us to use the stolen logo, which was still being used on the site in the official capacity. That's what my intention is, and I know we aren't going to keep using a stolen one. So I'm never going to not get what I want in that regard.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Mutiny, I like it 

Y'know I'm watching this show called Halt and Catch Fire, and right now one of the lead characters started an 80's gaming company called Mutiny. I had no reason to bring this up other than you reminded me of completely.

Carry on thread. 

21 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Right, so let me clarify exactly what I mean. Your contradictory stances are that you thinki ripping the logo originally is ok, but us using yours isn't ok. I never said we were going to continue to do so without your permission, I just wanted to know how you thought you could maintain those two ideas at the same time. My assumption was that you were deciding to hold your work hostage because you were super triggered, and that if you thought about it rationally you'd realize that maybe you shouldn't throw a hissy fit at everyone else and maybe direct your anger towards me. If you were doing that you wouldn't involve the logo at all because I had absolutely no part in making it. If you ultimately decided that you still wanted to hold the logo hostage afterwards I would have thought that to be childish, but well within your rights. I don't actually think we can say "Well fuck you, you did it so we can do it". I was moreso asking you your opinion because those ideas can't both exist.

As for "How did I expect you to react?" Probably more-or-less how you did. If you have self-admitted anger issues you can't use that as an excuse to go off any time someone says shit you don't like. That's how you were in the past, but people grow and evolve over time. Personal growth is normal, and something everyone should strive to. Recognizing a flaw is good, but you SHOULD work on it. That doesn't give you a point-blank excuse to freak out every time you disagree with something.

Lastly, when I said the respect of your peers, I meant all of them. I'm not so self centered as to assume I'm the moral compass for the world, but you're a part of a community and if you think that how you've acted today is going to endear yourself to the rest of the community, or people you act like this to in general you couldn't be more wrong. It's not a weakness to admit you handled something badly, I literally did that exact thing in regards to my bringing this up. But after that post look how you've argued and look at how I've argued. Which style is more constructive? Which style is more mature. I really couldn't care less if you like or respect me. I personally think you're a middle-aged man-child who needs everyone to know how big his E-penis is. But there are tons of other people here, and in life, who you'll probably have an impact on one way or the other over the course of your life. Try and be a better person for them.

Also I think Devise pretty much hit the nail on the head. Your issue is with me, holding the logo hostage is a really stupid way to try and get back at me. You're really hurting Robbie more than anyone else. I don't give a fuck if we use the logo or not. Really if you keep doing it you kind of prove my point for me. The best way to prove me wrong is probably to be super mature and make me look like an idiot for calling you a child. I don't think you have the restraint to do it, but that's probably your best course of action.

See this is exactly how you come of to me. "You're a middle aged loser, try and be a better person." Shit like that just rubs me the wrong way. You talk like you know me in real life. I have mentored hundreds of apprentices and feel I'm pretty well respected by my peers, family, friends. Do I act like a jackass online, yeah I do and I don't really care how I come off, I just speak my mind as I see fit.

6 minutes ago, Bushitroll said:

See this is exactly how you come of to me. "You're a middle aged loser, try and be a better person." Shit like that just rubs me the wrong way. You talk like you know me in real life. I have mentored hundreds of apprentices and feel I'm pretty well respected by my peers, family, friends. Do I act like a jackass online, yeah I do and I don't really care how I come off, I just speak my mind as I see fit.

I'm sure you will fit in just fine with Helsinki

• Commissioner

What I'm catching from this thread is the following

1. @Bushitroll and @Jericho don't get along.
  2. Everyone agrees the original logo was a good starting point
  3. Everyone agrees @boubabi did a great job with the new one

Can #1 just be put aside for the betterment of the league so that we can focus on #2 and 3? As @Devise said there was really no time to even reach out because Boubabi got the new logo made so quickly that none of us even knew what was happening exactly. if everyone agrees it's what's best for the league then I really don't see why a petty argument is holding things up.

Edited by Beketov

2 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

I'm sure you will fit in just fine with Helsinki

I'm sure I will As well. I've been on plenty of teams here and never had a problem fitting in with them yet. Maybe I didn't stay long enough.