Claimed: Breaking News

NUCK

Big news today out of Biel Switzerland as goalie phenom Phuckin Pucked declares his intentions to make the transition to the VHL. After 3 seasons in the EHC Biel organization Phuckin Pucked has made a name for him self world wide. Starting his professional career at the age of only 14, Pucked was made EHC's starting goaltender after the clubs 3 more experienced tenders all ended up with food poisoning on the eve of their S52 debut.

Pucked was thrust into the role as starter for the first 2 weeks of play while his teammates recovered. During that time he played 6 games for the main club and cemented his future in hockey as a result. Posting a 5-0-1 record the, YOUNG rookie was able to make a statement with a .73 GAA, a .972 save percentage and 3 shutouts. The strong start for Pucked and the huge fan support made a hard decision so much easier for Biel management. 

Phuckin Pucked Would end the season as the clubs number one goalie. Evidently carrying them to the finals where they lost in 7 to powerhouse rival Bern. Pucked would receive the playoff MVP trophy regardless of coming up short for the cup. In 3 regular seasons in the NLA he played in 132 out  of 150 opportunity. His numbers are spectacular, 87-34-11, 1.58 GAA, .938 save % and 26 shutouts make him one of the best goaltenders to ever make an appearance in the NLA.

So when this stud of net-minder refused a contract extension and announced his intentions of playing in the VHL. It left a lot of people shocked and upset. A staple in the Biel crease for 3 seasons and a national icon, Pucked left so many of his countrymen in utter disbelief.

Pucked was willing to addressee the press this afternoon and he had this to say.

" I have made the decision to jump to a broader league and not to resign with EHC Biel for the S54 campaign. It was not any easy choice to make but I feel my talents could be used in a larger venue. 

My intentions are to sign with what ever team can both give me a starting position and supply a few able bodies in front of me. I am not concerned with cups as much as I am with being able to play. 

My time in juniors will be as short as I can make it, as I plan on making the jump to the VHL as soon as possible. 

I am a player, I will not ride the pine! "

So with S54 almost under way and no contract as of yet for Pucked. We can only speculate as to which team will land this high profile goaltender. 

Great to see you recreate, good luck with your player! You'll need to put in some serious would to gain a VHL starter position - as they will be tough to get at this point in time..

Should be fun to see if you rise to the challenge :)

7 minutes ago, BobertZ said:

While it sucks to see you want to sign with a lesser team, I understand you wanting to be a starter. 

I have always despised the lopside cup trade offs, the minors were all about. I just wont add to the problem, never was personal at all.

8 minutes ago, NUCK said:

I have always despised the lopside cup trade offs, the minors were all about. I just wont add to the problem, never was personal at all.

Hey if you can make the season a little more entertaining by stealing a few wins from us I am all for it. As much as I would love to go 72-0 I know we won't

2 hours ago, BobertZ said:

Hey if you can make the season a little more entertaining by stealing a few wins from us I am all for it. As much as I would love to go 72-0 I know we won't

We will go 80-0