Edition 326

STZ

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Sure I'm aware of what happened, it isn't that GMs didn't have reasons. I get all that. 

From my perspective I have nothing against you as a member but I wouldn't select you solely on the fact you're a GM, especially of a rival team so if I had kept 8th I would of avoided your player either way. I don't know if other GM's feel this way too? @Higgins @eaglesfan036 @Smarch @hedgehog337 @Banackock @DollarAndADream @gregreg @Advantage

13 minutes ago, Frank said:

From my perspective I have nothing against you as a member but I wouldn't select you solely on the fact you're a GM, especially of a rival team so if I had kept 8th I would of avoided your player either way. I don't know if other GM's feel this way too? @Higgins @eaglesfan036 @Smarch @hedgehog337 @Banackock @DollarAndADream @gregreg @Advantage

I was pretty vocal that if my player ended up in any capacity on New York I would of been very unhappy. I want my second player to have NOTHING to do with me as GM or my first player honestly. I've spent so much bloody time on New York over the seasons, the whole reason I wanted to do Verner the way I did him is to avoid my previous league experience. The majority of my other players were built way differently, I'm following a more traditional build type here with Verner and I have been earning lots of TPE. Over 9 in some weeks. I Mag + a upgraded Fan590 his whole career, I'll be donating again this season. I told Smarch that and he knew, but no one else really bothered to PM to give a shit so. Edit - Save for my boy @eaglesfan036 Gotta mention him because y'know trust the process! :D 

And that is fine. GM's are entitled to make the decisions they want to make. But the article I wrote was about those consequences. I'm not being disrespectful or taking shots by saying that some draftee's like myself and @Kendrick dropping, or having little interest are just within our rights to say "screw you GM's" if we were to test free agency. That is the whole point of this dynamic. And while people may complain draftee's often aren't trying to manipulate this situation to fall, and that is one of the stupidest notions of all time. But as a member with that player I tend to roleplay to the degree that the decisions that get made around that player by other GM's matter. How much they matter depends on the situation. 

None the less I feel the point of my article stands. I delved into the dynamics of that situation as Boom wanted, and highlighted how I think the power in that situation can ebb and flow between the GM and the player depending on the situation. That dynamic is one of the most important in the VHL imo, and I would argue very rarely does a player who stays for 6+ seasons ever feel like they did zero fulfilling because of it. At any point in their careers they and GM's have just as much opportunity to determine the fate of a few seasons. That is important. 

Edited by Devise

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

I was pretty vocal that if my player ended up in any capacity on New York I would of been very unhappy. I want my second player to have NOTHING to do with me as GM or my first player honestly. I've spent so much bloody time on New York over the seasons, the whole reason I wanted to do Verner the way I did him is to avoid my previous league experience. The majority of my other players were built way differently, I'm following a more traditional build type here with Verner and I have been earning lots of TPE. Over 9 in some weeks. I Mag + a upgraded Fan590 his whole career, I'll be donating again this season. I told Smarch that and he knew, but no one else really bothered to PM to give a shit so. Edit - Save for my boy @eaglesfan036 Gotta mention him because y'know trust the process! :D 

And that is fine. GM's are entitled to make the decisions they want to make. But the article I wrote was about those consequences. I'm not being disrespectful or taking shots by saying that some draftee's like myself and @Kendrick dropping, or having little interest are just within our rights to say "screw you GM's" if we were to test free agency. That is the whole point of this dynamic. And while people may complain draftee's often aren't trying to manipulate this situation to fall, and that is one of the stupidest notions of all time. But as a member with that player I tend to roleplay to the degree that the decisions that get made around that player by other GM's matter. How much they matter depends on the situation. 

None the less I feel the point of my article stands. I delved into the dynamics of that situation as Boom wanted, and highlighted how I think the power in that situation can ebb and flow between the GM and the player depending on the situation. That dynamic is one of the most important in the VHL imo, and I would argue very rarely does a player who stays for 6+ seasons ever feel like they did zero fulfilling because of it. At any point in their careers they and GM's have just as much opportunity to determine the fate of a few seasons. That is important. 

I mean if no one raised a stick about Robbie wanting to fall outside the first round and he himself stopped earning TPE to stay in the VHLM, I'm not sure why they were upset that I just let me personal feelings known. It wasn't that I wouldn't play where I got drafted, its that I would have preferred to go somewhere I hadn't. If someone faults me for that they really don't see it through my eyes and therefore it doesn't really matter. Being in the league since its creation kind of makes certain things stale. Having carved out careers in Cologne, Davos, Riga, Calgary, Helsinki, Seattle and Toronto; it was time I let my feelings towards playing for another franchise known. It's silly to think that every member wants to be selected by no matter what team.

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Nope. I got nothing against drafting a GM player. I'm sure they'll stay loyal if the team is competing or at least moving in the right direction. Depends what the "said" player wants. Loyalty and to stay with a team or to win every year and bounce from team to team.

With that said, that GM player you drafted can't leave after 3 years and join their own team in Free Agency. Only way they can join their own team is through draft or trade. 

6 hours ago, Kendrick said:

I mean if no one raised a stick about Robbie wanting to fall outside the first round and he himself stopped earning TPE to stay in the VHLM, I'm not sure why they were upset that I just let me personal feelings known. It wasn't that I wouldn't play where I got drafted, its that I would have preferred to go somewhere I hadn't. If someone faults me for that they really don't see it through my eyes and therefore it doesn't really matter. Being in the league since its creation kind of makes certain things stale. Having carved out careers in Cologne, Davos, Riga, Calgary, Helsinki, Seattle and Toronto; it was time I let my feelings towards playing for another franchise known. It's silly to think that every member wants to be selected by no matter what team.

But you said you would play for Toronto, possibly for your career if I had drafted you. :(

19 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

But you said you would play for Toronto, possibly for your career if I had drafted you. :(

Of course I also said i'd play Helsinki, Calgary and various other places my whole career if I was drafted. I was just stating that I've carved out careers there before and some of them I've grown more tired of and some not. Riga was one of those, because in my time here Taylor, Braun, Schwarz and Richardson have all played there. It sort of drains your excitement.