WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

For anyone that cares, AJ Styles has signed on to be with New Japan Pro Wrestling and has joined their top heel stable Bullet Club as their new leader. Their former leader, Prince Devitt, has filed for his resignation and there are rumblings of him signing with WWE or TNA. He's an incredible talent and if you're not familiar with some of his work, I highly recommend looking him up.

Styles will be challenging for the IWGP Heavyweight Title, NJPW's top championship title at their next PPV called Wrestling Dontaku. Their current holder, Kazuchika Okada, their young stallion, at the age of 26, has been the holder for almost or just about a year now, after defeating their top star of many years, Hiroshi Tanahashi. Their match last year received a 5* rating from Meltzer (who can suck my dick). 

If you haven't been too familiar with New Japan Pro Wrestling but would like to get a look, I highly recommend reading this great starter guide: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/10/a-beginners-guide-to-new-japan-pro-wrestling/

They've been on a great boom as of late and they're a great alternate to WWE. Would love to make some new NJPW fans here!

• Commissioner

For anyone that cares, AJ Styles has signed on to be with New Japan Pro Wrestling and has joined their top heel stable Bullet Club as their new leader. Their former leader, Prince Devitt, has filed for his resignation and there are rumblings of him signing with WWE or TNA. He's an incredible talent and if you're not familiar with some of his work, I highly recommend looking him up.

Styles will be challenging for the IWGP Heavyweight Title, NJPW's top championship title at their next PPV called Wrestling Dontaku. Their current holder, Kazuchika Okada, their young stallion, at the age of 26, has been the holder for almost or just about a year now, after defeating their top star of many years, Hiroshi Tanahashi. Their match last year received a 5* rating from Meltzer (who can suck my dick). 

If you haven't been too familiar with New Japan Pro Wrestling but would like to get a look, I highly recommend reading this great starter guide: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/10/a-beginners-guide-to-new-japan-pro-wrestling/

They've been on a great boom as of late and they're a great alternate to WWE. Would love to make some new NJPW fans here!

I've seen some of their older Ultraviolent stuff, definitely some crazy shit haha. I'm guessing they have toned down a bit though. I can't imagine AJ Styles being in on that kinda thing.

Either way I really feel like TNA is syncing fast. With Sting already gone and now AJ Styles, they're losing the talent that got them to where they are.

Yeah WWE supports the hell out of the troops. Can't deny that. They also showcased some Special Olympic stuff on RAW recently and are constant supporters of the Be A Star and Make A Wish Stuff. Since the days of bra and panties matches they have worked very hard on improving their corporate image.

My only real issue with WWE is just how hypocritical it can be at times. It does all this PR stuff that both looks and is good and then promotes a WeeLC match where they have midgets wrestling and replace the commentators with midgets and give them silly names like Micro Cole and Jerry the King Smaller. I don't see how that isn't offensive to that sect of society. 

Go talk to one of the midget wrestlers, you might change your opinion about how they are "treated". I did once and they love the names, the attention and as one of them told me, don't call it anything other then Midget Wrestling cause that's what it is

Edited by Smarch

While the commentary team was pushing it, WeeLC was incredible for midget wrestling and midget wrestlers around the world. The feud and the match were nice nods to something that is actually big in the wrestling world. From what I read (though it could be fake), there are some aspiring midget wrestlers who absolutely loved seeing it. I got no problems with it. 

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I'm going to the RAW tapings in Montreal on July 7th! They better make Sami Zayn debut on this night!

Edited by FueledByRamen

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I'm going to the RAW tapings in Montreal on July 7th! They better make Sami Zayn debut on this night!

Going to the Main Event/Smackdown tapings in Ottawa the night after! They better!

Fixed that for you.  Flaming Table >

The only satisfying part of that match was the diving headbutt. The flaming table was quite underwhelming, as the spot itself lasted about two seconds.

• Commissioner

I'm surprised they even did that. Rumours going around that the buried alive match may be making a come back.

I haven't heard anything about that but it would be interesting to see come back; either for Bryan vs. Kane or even Wyatt vs. Cena.

Kane is supposed to be the monster that just keeps coming so a BA match works there, same reason it did the last few times with him.

Wyatt, on the other hand, would bring something new to Buried Alive. Not only would we get Cena into a position he's not comfortable with (Could king baby face himself really bury someone) but it would also get a push for Wyatt as the next Undertaker type character. He's got the following, he's got the creepy factor, etc. really gives me early Taker vibes. A Buried Alive match could be huge for him.

The only satisfying part of that match was the diving headbutt. The flaming table was quite underwhelming, as the spot itself lasted about two seconds.

A flaming table spot is a flaming table spot honestly.  I haven't seen one of those in that company since Edge-Foley (which admittedly looked 100x better).

I know how much that can kill so I give credit to Kane anyway.

I thought the backstage beatdown was awesome though.  Felt like a brawl you would see in the old days.

Yeah the flaming table spot was a good way to up the anti in my opinion. Sure the spot itself wasn't great from a move perspective but you still gotta give the WWE props for even doing it in this day and age. On top of that the backstage stuff was also creative and reminded me of old school attitude era WWE. 

• Commissioner

A flaming table is all well and good, just as long as it doesn't turn into an inferno match IMO. Those have to be the most badass sounding, but boring as shit, matches out there. Buried Alive is fine by me though. We usually know the outcome in advance (it's usually pretty obvious) but the matches themselves are decent.

• 3 weeks later...

Rhodes+Goldust vs Batista+Orton was solid.

Cesaro vs RVD was pretty good.

Alicia Fox's crazy gimmick is growing on me.

Some decent segments and some awful ones.  Not sure what to think.

You are entitled to like what you wish, but I find everything about her to be abysmal. Personally, the Wyatt's are my favorite thing in the company currently, considering Bryan is out of action.