WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

Just now, Advantage said:

Meh..depends.

Seems like he'll be losing to Seth and not a huge fan of the triple h bodyguard thing.

I had higher hopes for him (Lesnar for example).

Well I understand that point, but there is always the chance that HHH interferes to let Joe win. Keep in mind that AJ lost his FIRST Wrestlemania match and look where he ended up.

13 minutes ago, Seth said:

Well I understand that point, but there is always the chance that HHH interferes to let Joe win. Keep in mind that AJ lost his FIRST Wrestlemania match and look where he ended up.

Jobbing to Cena pre Mania the same treatment they gave to Punk when Rock/Cena was going to happen? It's no different than it always is. Make the indy crowd happy by letting their boys come in and "run the show" with zero serious stories, zero anything important and then when Mania season rolls around shelf all those talent and promote the same 4-5 names. 

The most hilarious thing of all time, and I'm sure there could even be fans on this board who fall into this category. It has been seeing people DEFEND Lesnar vs Goldberg in any capacity. It's just so hilarious too me. The two of them are responsible for one of the worst and most embarrassing Mania moments of all time. Their match was so over hyped, and then Austin as ref too and it was such a joke to not just wrestling but even WWE style. They had to end with Austin owning them both just to salvage what was a botchfest of a joke of a match. And then right after that Lesnar was crying on Smackdown quitting. The whole thing was a joke. But the fact that WWE can years later when one guy is like 50 try to "recycle" what was this huge joke and some people are defending it? *laughs* 

There has been no logic in any of it long or short term. From Lesnar returning, to him beating Taker, to him owning Cena, to him being owned by Goldberg. All the other random matches in there, not once was anything accomplished in terms of using the star power of Lesnar or how over he was at any moment in time in an effort to not just make WWE better for a single night, or get a single big pop, but propel the show and it's talent forward. Nothing. And that is constantly their montra. They book like boxing or Bellator lol. Just get the biggest names on the card regardless of how old, relevant, or talented they are. Then just throw in some generic story or use the title as a prop when you don't have anything good in mind. 

Edited by Mr. Power

• 1 month later...
  • Commissioner

So WWE has completely given up all their fucks right? I don't even really watch anymore, just check the highlights now and then, but Fastlane had to be a joke. To take the title away from a young guy who's proving himself and hand it to Goldberg going into Mania is bad enough; but to do it in a match that lasted what, 30 seconds? It' obvious to everyone that Goldberg can't do it anyway so stop pushing him. Having him "dominate" matches that quick doesn't seem to me that he's dominating; it seems to me that his body can't take a match longer than a minute anymore. To have that headlining Wrestlemania is pretty pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

So WWE has completely given up all their fucks right? I don't even really watch anymore, just check the highlights now and then, but Fastlane had to be a joke. To take the title away from a young guy who's proving himself and hand it to Goldberg going into Mania is bad enough; but to do it in a match that lasted what, 30 seconds? It' obvious to everyone that Goldberg can't do it anyway so stop pushing him. Having him "dominate" matches that quick doesn't seem to me that he's dominating; it seems to me that his body can't take a match longer than a minute anymore. To have that headlining Wrestlemania is pretty pathetic.

To make it better, heading toward Goldberg / Brock for the belt at Mania. It wouldn't take much to improve on their last Mania match, but that was, what 15 years ago? And now you run into the same problem that you had when Brock held the title and was never around: two part-timers, one mid-40s and one 50, who aren't regulars. Mania looks like it will be an unmitigated disaster, and it might be the first one I skip in 10+ years. 

• Commissioner
28 minutes ago, der meister said:

To make it better, heading toward Goldberg / Brock for the belt at Mania. It wouldn't take much to improve on their last Mania match, but that was, what 15 years ago? And now you run into the same problem that you had when Brock held the title and was never around: two part-timers, one mid-40s and one 50, who aren't regulars. Mania looks like it will be an unmitigated disaster, and it might be the first one I skip in 10+ years. 

I saw someone point out on Twitter that the last 5 people to hold the title going into mania have been:

Goldberg

HHH

Orton

Lesnar

The Rock

I may have the order fucked up but if that's true then it's pretty darn obvious that they are trying to justify keep cashing in on their big names instead of having proper mania matches. Brey having the SD title is good since he's actually a great new character but handing it to people well passed their prime just to have 1 shitty match makes the entire show look worse.

I get that people love nostalgia and sure, there was a time when maybe people would have loved to see Lesnar and Goldberg go at it again (I mean someone must have liked that feud) but they are both well passed their prime. Undertaker's mania matches are still amazing because he goes in and performs the way you would expect Taker to perform: even if it's only once a year. But to send Goldberg into mania with the title and give him another 30 second match completely devalues both the title and the show.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I get that people love nostalgia and sure, there was a time when maybe people would have loved to see Lesnar and Goldberg go at it again (I mean someone must have liked that feud) but they are both well passed their prime. Undertaker's mania matches are still amazing because he goes in and performs the way you would expect Taker to perform: even if it's only once a year. But to send Goldberg into mania with the title and give him another 30 second match completely devalues both the title and the show.

To be fair - 30 second squash matches are kinda Goldberg's gimmick. He dominates everyone and never loses. I'm in no way excited for Goldberg/Lesnar, but I bet it'll finally be a longer match.

2 minutes ago, Molholt said:

To be fair - 30 second squash matches are kinda Goldberg's gimmick. He dominates everyone and never loses. I'm in no way excited for Goldberg/Lesnar, but I bet it'll finally be a longer match.

How much can you really give Goldberg at this point, though? 4 minutes? He'll be blown up by 2.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Molholt said:

And in his day that gimmick worked. Now thoughit really doesn't. Back in the day it felt like he was crushing people because he was better. Now it just feels obvious that he's crushing opponents because he doesn't have the energy to stick around any longer. Hell even after a 30 second match he looks completely beat.

• 4 months later...

Was gonna post this in video game discussion but figured it'd be more relevant to the interests of people from this thread. Fire Pro Wrestling, a franchise that quite a few wrestling fans were way into, is now available on Steam Early Access, and it's eventually coming to PS4 supposedly.

Just bought it, wonder if it'd be posible to make a VHL-type league with it. The CAW creation is seemingly endless and matches are fairly entertaining to watch.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
2 hours ago, IamMOOSE said:

I'd love to see him get a really good run before he's done. So good.

agreed. a proper run at the WWE title, Maybe a Rumble win, and title match at Mania? 

gosh knows he deserves it after all this bullcrap they pulled

• 1 month later...