S55 Regular Season Index

Will

On 6/7/2017 at 5:09 PM, punkhippie said:

And since I'm at work and can't submit lines for today, please start Thomas Smith AT ALL COSTS, and set pull goalie to 20 goals or whatever the maximum is. I need to keep V2A's rookie eligibility for next season thanks. Don't care about other lines at this moment.

@Will @JardyB10

On 6/7/2017 at 5:48 PM, Will said:

Just noticing this now, but that's fucking weak. I don't care what Cologne does to tank, but if dude has too much TPE to be in the VHLM, then how is he not automatically a rookie this season?

13 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Just noticing this now, but that's fucking weak. I don't care what Cologne does to tank, but if dude has too much TPE to be in the VHLM, then how is he not automatically a rookie this season?

If he doesn't play any games this season, then... Same reason why Thomas Smith is a rookie too

Just now, CowboyinAmerica said:

But Thomas Smith has 30 TPE. V2A literally cannot play in the VHLM, is on a roster, and is playing in games.

He hasn't played a single minute of VHL hockey yet.

Just now, punkhippie said:

He hasn't played a single minute of VHL hockey yet.

Well, I had no intentions of making a second player, but maybe I should. Just bank everything through the lean years until I hit like 700 TPE so no-one will ever play me, spend it all at one time to win RotY, and give a middle finger to all the actual rookies.

I don't care how many games he plays this year. It's stupid to have somebody with a full year's TPE advantage competing for a rookie award.

2 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Well, I had no intentions of making a second player, but maybe I should. Just bank everything through the lean years until I hit like 700 TPE so no-one will ever play me, spend it all at one time to win RotY, and give a middle finger to all the actual rookies.

I don't care how many games he plays this year. It's stupid to have somebody with a full year's TPE advantage competing for a rookie award.

Waste a few years of the career to win RotY sure

15 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Yeah but RotY means as little as Top Leader and Most Sportsmanlike in the grand scheme of things.

13 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Sure. But attempting to game the system for no particular reason bugs me.

Me it's still up in the air. I may start V2A a few games here or there if the bench overheats. Could care less about his ass but it costs money to repair the benches. @BobertZ

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

You have no options anymore cause Robbie used all his banked TPE. V2A is a starter, unless you'll find a legit backup. 

COL G 64 games Thomas Smith 8 games is legal AFAIK

4 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

V2A can't be sent down to VHLM.

And I'm curious if CPU goalie counts as a legit starter with something 200 TPE.

Edited by hedgehog337

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

He is should be. He is no longer VHLM eligible so by rule he should be considered a VHL rookie regardless of how many games he plays in.

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Sure. But attempting to game the system for no particular reason bugs me.

Well to be fair, even if he does that chances are the BOG will look at that TPE advantage as a negative when it comes to the award anyways.

52 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

You can't start COL G if you have a goalie over 200 TPE. That is legit in the rules

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

You can't start COL G if you have a goalie over 200 TPE. That is legit in the rules

2) Inactive goaltenders below 200 TPA will no longer be allowed to play more than 8 games per season. Actives or inactives that return to activity are free to play however many they want. This is because the CPU goalie on each team has 200 TPE applied to it so as a small measure against tanking we'd like those CPU goalies to be the primary goaltenders instead of inactive VHLM free agents. 

Just now, punkhippie said:

2) Inactive goaltenders below 200 TPA will no longer be allowed to play more than 8 games per season. Actives or inactives that return to activity are free to play however many they want. This is because the CPU goalie on each team has 200 TPE applied to it so as a small measure against tanking we'd like those CPU goalies to be the primary goaltenders instead of inactive VHLM free agents. 

Yes but an active goalie that has more than the 200 limit is the goalie we want starting. That rule was brought int to stop tanking and if you obviously tank, I can see sanctions being brought down for it in the form of lost draft picks.