Claimed:Blades of Steel - Episode 3 (w/AwfulHomesick)

Screen_Shot_2014_01_16_at_2_02_49_PM.png
Just click the picture!

We discuss the following:

S36 VHLM Standings/VHL Standings
VHLM Rosters
VHLM Goalies/VHL Goalies
Blaine's Olynick's Future
The Initial VHLM Process/Look
Introduction to AwfulHomesick

Cheers!

Edited by Kendrick

Another good edition.

Agree that Awful has a great voice for on air stuff. Hopefully you stick with it Awful because you could become super talented at it imo. Loved listening to the VHLM discussion, sadly I don't follow it as much as I would like to, standings wise. To Kendricks point, a lot of ideas are in the shoot right now regarding VHLM but I don't think we will ever get it to a place where it does exactly what we want it to do. We keep trying to inch it closer and closer, and maybe we get to a point where the experience for new members entering the league is overwhelmingly positive across all fronts. But so many spots for human error and just random things happening make it tough. 

Goalies are going to get interested in a few seasons for sure. I think Green has said he will stick it the full 8 with Remy. Tukio and myself I have no clue. I literally almost retired a few months ago. I was in the midst of creating the thread and typing it up...then closed the page and changed my mind. Higgins may do it because it could benefit his team most to get something for Tukio and rebuild earlier...and get a jump start on his next player if he indeed does re-create. For me my only barrier has and still is my dislike for playing a goalie in the VHL. Hopefully you have a funner time with it Awful and stick it out...could be a great up and coming member. 

Very good listen. 

Really good look at the VHLM, perfect guest for that. Awful was great, seems like a really cool guy. I really think that Kendrick does a great job as host and brings out some great insight from his guests without it feeling forced. Really good job here.

Very good listen. 

Really good look at the VHLM, perfect guest for that. Awful was great, seems like a really cool guy. I really think that Kendrick does a great job as host and brings out some great insight from his guests without it feeling forced. Really good job here.

Thanks STZ! I agree Awful was a great guest and I'm happy he created his own podcast as well.

Context: 3/3 - Ew North Jersey. WOO LYNX REFERENCE. The Rush have been playing a sub-10 TPE semi-active goalie over their 100 TPE inactive goalie, so that has something to do with their recent play. I don't think any VHLM GM is afraid to say that they're tanking. It's pretty much accepted that you have to tank in order to win in the current system. I agree somewhat with your point that everyone should be picking players up, but VHLM GMs aren't remembered on how many members they keep active (if they're remembered at all). That major difference between .900 and .901 :D. I feel like someone tried that before with drafting multiple goalies and seeing how it worked out. Maybe it was Riga and Rock Star and Jehovah or something? Ah, it was Riga with Jehovah and Paolo Sinatra in S28. NO KENDRICK YOU'RE NOT TAKING A BREAK. Just step down as GM and concentrate on your player or something. Ah, I didn't know Roger Fenzing was DT. 

Professionalism: 2/2 - Yup.

Editing: 1/1 - You cut off the intro music so fast!

Overall: 6/6

• 7 months later...