Janssen Heating Up

solas

Janssen Heating Up

VASTERAS, SWEDEN – Season 36 has been a great season for the Vasteras Iron Eagles to say the least.  Since Vasteras began its rebuild in Season 33, the team has not made the playoffs – and as many know, they have not won a Continental Cup since S26.  However, the Iron Eagles now have become a playoff contender.  Goaltender Eggly Bagelface has gone on a tear, with a league-leading .934 save percentage, as well as a 2.02 GAA and 4 shutouts.  New acquisition Zach Cuff has also proved his value, with 32 points as well as a team-best plus/minus rating of +15. 

Team captain Willem Janssen, while certainly not on a dominant run like Bagelface, has certainly impressed.  After a disappointing Season 35, in which he scored 54 points (down from his rookie season in which he notched 58), Janssen has now shown the star potential that caused Vasteras to select him second overall in the S34 draft.  Currently, Janssen leads the team as well as all VHL left wings with 38 points in 30 games, which puts him on pace to score between 80 and 90 this season.  “I’ve just tried to do my best to help the team this season,” says the Dutch winger.  “Obviously we’re having a great year so far, hopefully this continues and we can make the playoffs, regardless of whether I score 50 points or 100.”