Goal Line Blitz VERSION 2.0 AHHH

Mike

We still need a punter and cornerback if anyone else wants to join us.  I have extra flex points to fill out the team if we need it.  Also still looking for people who want staff positions.

Edited by Mike

We still need a punter and cornerback if anyone else wants to join us.  I have extra flex points to fill out the team if we need it.  Also still looking for people who want staff positions.

I have 850 in FP if you want me to create a Punter? I could handle all kicking duties like I did in high school

Good job I'm going to be sending everyone high contracts instead of medium it helps with team chemistry which apparently matters.

Be careful with that, you probably can't fit everyone under the cap with high contracts while having room for depth.

Be careful with that, you probably can't fit everyone under the cap with high contracts while having room for depth.

We have over 1 million in free cap space right now.

The thing about maxing salary contracts we don't have any "super star" players and not everyone picked 3 abilities that increase their salary we should be fine this season.

This might be a weird question but how do I improve my player? >_>

I also have that question, kind of. If I recall corectly, we get skill points when we play games or something, right? And how much FP is required to maintain/improve a player?

The new system is different than the old but we all earn more skill points as we play games there are certain thresholds that unlock bonus points as far as total amount of flex needed to max your player that depends on position and if you are using your free player or not.  The most important thing is boosting the skill point up which has the same cost as your creation so for instance 100 FP for a position is 100 FP per boost.

Yeah I noticed some non-VHLer took Benedum's starting spot, despite all my sacks (probably something that the computer sets?)

Actually remember Goal Line Blitz is a sim league we get to control depth charts, playbooks, strategies, and everything from what field distance do we kick FGs vs punt and so on.  Doomsday said he would do the defense though I'm not sure how much he has actually done.  Need someone to work on the offense too and if Doomsday doesn't actually come up with a unique defensive scheme we would need a full time defensive coordinator to work on that too.

Actually remember Goal Line Blitz is a sim league we get to control depth charts, playbooks, strategies, and everything from what field distance do we kick FGs vs punt and so on.  Doomsday said he would do the defense though I'm not sure how much he has actually done.  Need someone to work on the offense too and if Doomsday doesn't actually come up with a unique defensive scheme we would need a full time defensive coordinator to work on that too.

Pretty sure Doom said somewhere (grading thread maybe? or VHLM GM area) that he's gone until Sunday.

Ok I did auto depth charts for now basically we play a CPU team tomorrow and I put in generic pre-made playbooks for like man coverage D and run balanced offense.

Edited by Mike

The problem was we had signed and cut a lot of new players and people that were recently signed weren't on the depth chart yet.  Our first game of the season had the punter not on the roster depth chart and wide receivers and random other people punting.

Also I had put in a basic power I run offense which has got us a few wins now everyone needs to login once in a while and use their skill points to improve their player we get points after every game.  Also need other people that want to run staff positions.

D3vilsfan if you want a bigger role like we talked about before I would let you do the offense.  For offense/defense its more than setting depth chart you can choose plays from a list of all the plays in the game to create a general scheme and also set strategies such as run inside/run outside/pass deep/pass short by % for each situation 1st down/2nd short/etc.  Those things need to be adjusted throughout the season not only to find our strengths but to match up vs other teams who say have a running QB or let up a lot of running yards or passing yards.

Edited by Mike