KnightTime Podcast Question Thread

Phil

Long time listener, first time caller.

1) You briefly discussed the award selection process during a recent podcast. Could you elaborate on what the current award selection process is and what changes you think are needed?

2) The Board of Governors was recently updated. Would you like to be on the BoG? Why or Why not?

3) What was your path to become a Liverpool supporter? From birth?

4) What is your podcasting setup? Do you have recommendations for what an aspiring podcaster would need to get started (hardware and software)?

5) Your favorite new music discovery of 2019?

Seeing as I will be in the VHL for my first season now, could you expand on some things to keep in mind. It may be just how to build your stats, or other things of importance. Like VHLM is 1-2 seasons for most active players, but then VHL will probably be a much longer time with the same team.

As a corollary, since I applied as AGM for an VHLM team, what would your experience - either as an AGM/GM/player - be for being successful in the VHLM, or even in the VHL in the position of either AGM or GM?

Edited by Elmebeck

Thoughts on Prague getting every FA we went for? (basically the only one I had to compete against anyone for was Draper - Thunderfist is my SBA GM and is welfaring for me, but technically we went 2 for 2)

Rate my draft?

Rate DC's draft in comparison?

Also, since you're on Malmo, how did you guys do in the draft?

Also are you excited to get Thompson, and how do you think that affects your chances?

When it comes to podcasts - there are just few that are amazing to listen to and yours is one of those. So,  I have decided to put up some questions for you to answer.

1. Are there any players in your eyes who have played very poorly this season compared to the level they are known for?

2. As I have a player on Seattle Bears I have to ask - what do you think about our season?

3. Are there any regrets that you can think of when it comes to your previous players? Any letdowns?

4. Do you see yourself becoming a GM and taking up higher role in VHL or is that something you don't want to do?

5. With S68 bringing in huge amount of players, are there any that you see becoming true stars and franchise pieces to keep? 

That will be it from my part, keep up the good work! 

@Phil

• 2 weeks later...

In with just a few...

1. How offended are you that nobody asked you any questions for last episode? Who do we permaban for this grave transgression?

2. What are the Nighthawks' chances at a cup win now that the trade deadline is over? 

3. Who's your favorite old member I've never heard of?

• 1 month later...

It's obvious what you have to talk about, same questions (more or less) that I offered to Tate.

1. The draft, initial impressions? It kind of broke expectations at pick 3 and 253 TPE Okada slid down to 9th.
2. Some trades are probably still going on, but looking at the teams what are your predictions for the season?
3. Most improved team?
4. Most weakened team compared to last season?
5. Malmö isn't really looking anemic in any way, but perhaps could use a few more players? Where's the weaknesses and strengths, what need to be improved for this or next season?

• 2 months later...

-Have you heard any podcasts made by @Berocka recently? If so, what are your thoughts?

-You said in the Malmo press conference that the new press conference rule hurts podcasters. How so, and what's your opinion on the change as a whole?

-If you had to suggest an incentive to podcast that you think would end up with more people making podcasts, what would it be?

-There's a bit of talk floating around about making a stricter update scale. Is this something you'd be in favor of?

-Any ideas on what's been holding Marleau back? Is this finally the season we see him break out?

What do you think of the time limits in regards to podcasts now the change has been out for a while?

Do you think this leads to more in depth podcasts or drawn out ones?

If you had to create a scale for the podcasts what would it be?

Sorry if these have been asked prior!

Active listener and also live in the GTA. 

1. Looking at the standings Malmo is currently in 11th place with a 6-8-0 record. Are you frustrated with the season so far ? 

2. What does your team need to do, to turn the season around ?

3. With the Vhl having more and more members and scoring declining. Are the days of players having 700pts careers over ? 

4. In this new VHL era it would be difficult to think rookies will have 80-100 +pts rookie seasons  anymore like seasons passed. This is not a bad thing, but is there too much depth now to achieve Hof worthy stats ? Achieving a point per game career might be considered the new Hof standard. 

5. In your opinion which teams have the biggest rivalry in the VHL ?

6. Are you a leafs fan ?

Ice Hockey Hello GIF by NHL

CHEERS,

Edited by Jubis

• 2 weeks later...

Wow hello again phil.

Good luck with your harassment suits. do not give up on phil marleau IMO. Here is some questions for your murmurings/rantings. Use them in whatever fashion you choose.

1) In YOUR opinion, what is the most prestigious VHL franchise of all time? No stat references needed, just off the top of your head.

2) Will Marleau ever replicate and/or better his hit total from his rookie season?

3) Is staying in Malmo for your entire career really the move? Franchise record chasing? Why resist the pleasures of UFA?

4) VHL recently suffered the loss of Elmebeck. Did you have any personal interactions with him or memories to share? No problem if not.

5) How will you get revenge on Victor for when his vague question wording sabotaged you?

6) Is Malmo a team where previously successful VHLers (phil, green, advantage) have their players bust? I read this conspiracy theory on an internet forum, any plausibility to it?

7) What are your thoughts on teammate "Huge Chang"? Has his play/LR presence impressed you in Malmo?

8 ) Who is your odds on favourite for winning the S70 cup and why is it Moscow?

1. You have to pick a team and a player to have an intense rivalry with who is it and why?

2. If you could create a sim league in any sport what would it be?

3. If you could meet anyone from the league who would it be and why?

4. Do you have any thoughts for your next player? 

5. If you had to come up with a controversial idea for the league what would it be?

6. There are more podcasts popping up recently what would your advice be for anyone starting out?

• 1 month later...

1. How good is Sigard Gunnar

2. Why is Sigard Gunnar so good

3. Why does Sigard Gunnar look so damn good

4. Why is Sigard Gunnar such an amazing leader

5. Why Sigard Gunnar will become the Calgary Goat

6. Where Sigard Gunnar falls in a redraft

7. Why Sigard Gunnar is in the best bromance (with Jacques LaFontaine)

8. Why Sigard Gunnar will win most improved player of the year.

• 3 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 6:39 PM, Tate said:

1. You're dragged to a mall for a day of shopping with your lady, and while she browses for her latest and greatest outfit she gives you the green light to go to any store you want to kill time. Where are you spending the next thirty minutes to an hour?

2. What's your plans for Halloween?

3. How does Marleau get back on track? How do you convince @Advantage  (edited to @hedgehog337) to agree to your plan?

10. You're tasked with creating a new player but you can't use Phil as a first name, what's the next best choice?

Answered :cheers:

• 1 year later...

1. Would you rather get back together with your very first ex, or give up all social media for an entire year?

2. Who is an animated movie character you would totally hook up with if they were real?

3. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever said/done on a date?

4. Be honest: how often do you floss your teeth?

5. What’s the most cringe song on your current playlist?

6. If you had to choose, what are three things that you absolutely need to be happy in life?

7. If money wasn’t a factor, what would you ultimately want to do with your life?

8. What do you see in yourself that you admire when you see it in other people?

9. If your next home could have one thing of your choice that your current home does not have, what would that thing be?

@Phil

Edited by Tate

• 2 weeks later...

1. What would you name your boat if you had one?

2. What’s the closest thing to real magic?

3. Who is the messiest person you know?

4. What will finally break the internet?

5. What’s the most useless talent you have?

6. What would be on the gag reel of your life?

7. Where is the worst smelling place you’ve been?

8. What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?

9. What’s a body part that you wouldn’t mind losing?