17/18 Soccer/Football Discussion

20 minutes ago, solas said:

Great start to the season so far, really entertaining games.  Loved seeing the atmosphere for Brighton's first PL game.

How do you think we line up tomorrow? I'm thinking:

Lloris

Dier - Alderweirald - Vertonghen

KWP - Dembele - Winks - Davies

Ali - Eriksen

Kane

That's supposed to be a 3-4-3 but I can't be bothered to format it. I don't believe Wanayma is available to start, and Son is still out. 

15 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Lloris

Ali - Eriksen

Kane

That's supposed to be a 3-4-3 but I can't be bothered to format it. I don't believe Wanayma is available to start, and Son is still out. 

It could just be a bluff on his part, but I seem to remember Pochettino saying that KWP wasn't ready for the Premier League yet. Will be interesting to see if Sissoko plays a part against his old team. 

21 minutes ago, Green said:

Where's Son?

I think he picked up an arm injury didn't he over the break? I'm not sure he'll be ready to start right away, but he might be on the bench. 

19 minutes ago, Tagger said:

It could just be a bluff on his part, but I seem to remember Pochettino saying that KWP wasn't ready for the Premier League yet. Will be interesting to see if Sissoko plays a part against his old team. 

He's recently kind of made a 180 and said he might go with either Walker-Peters in a back 4 or Sissoko as a wingback with a back 3.  Sissoko was pretty decent against Juventus recently and wasn't terrible when he played wingback last season (I think against Hull?) but I really like KWP and hope he starts.

18 minutes ago, Green said:

Where's Son?

Broke his arm while playing for South Korea during WC qualifiers.

39 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Lloris

Ali - Eriksen

Kane

Wanyama and Son weren't included in the injury report but I don't know if either would start.  I think Wanyama came back to training but considering he didn't play at all in preseason I don't know if he'll start until Chelsea next week.  I'm hoping for what you posted but based on Pochettino's recent comments I think one of these could also happen:

Lloris

KWP - Aldeweireld - Vertonghen - Davies

Dembele - Dier/Wanyama

Alli - Eriksen - Sissoko

Kane

or

Lloris

Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen

Sissoko - Dembele - Winks/Wanyama - Davies

Alli - Eriksen

Kane

I'm not sure about Sissoko starting, I'm willing to give him a chance for this season but there's a part of me that would rather just see N'Koudou play.  If Son can play off the bench that'd be great but otherwise the lack of depth is concerning.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Super late here, but hahahahaaa @Italy. Old man's tactics didn't work against SWE who are benefiting from not having Ibra. 

Dis FIFA rankings again. Peru #10, Poland #6 wtf. 

btw

2gtw35w.png

I'm sorry, but HAHAHAAAAAA....I mean, most Kosovo players are playing in decent leagues, but this is hilarious. 

Kind of interesting that other than Mexico, the two teams that made it from Concacaf are the two countries who are geographically closest to South America. Probably not a coincidence.

Technically possible to have a group of Russia, Peru, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia (we all know Peru are the worst of Pot 2, rankings be damned - and at the same time, Tunisia are ranked above Egypt and Senegal but are worse). How trash would that group be, on a scale of 1 to the rest of USA outside of Pulisic?

I feel like they'll figure out a way to get one of Spain/Croatia/England in Russia's group to give them a real headliner team.

• 2 weeks later...

So the draw is over. My short imho about it:

A: Uruguay and Russia or Egypt. More like the latter cause Russians likes to suck against relatively unknown teams. 

B: Spain and maybe Portugal. Won't be surprised if Iran makes it. And is this a death group, like some are calling it? Don't think so. 

C: France and Denmark. Peru as a dark horse. 

D: Real death group here. Iceland def should make it and uhmm...Croatia? Argentina could be in if they're gonna improve from CONMEBOL.

E: Brazil and Swiss

F: Germany and Mexico

G: Belgium and England

H: Lowkey the second death group. Poland and Colombia I guess.