17/18 Soccer/Football Discussion

10 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

So the draw is over. My short imho about it:

A: Uruguay and Russia or Egypt. More like the latter cause Russians likes to suck against relatively unknown teams. 

B: Spain and maybe Portugal. Won't be surprised if Iran makes it. And is this a death group, like some are calling it? Don't think so. 

C: France and Denmark. Peru as a dark horse. 

D: Real death group here. Iceland def should make it and uhmm...Croatia? Argentina could be in if they're gonna improve from CONMEBOL.

E: Brazil and Swiss

F: Germany and Mexico

G: Belgium and England

H: Lowkey the second death group. Poland and Colombia I guess. 

Poland to win the whole thing, you heard it here first (mostly because no one else is quite that biased)

10 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

- Benevento: 0 points in 14 matches.

- Today, they scored two goals for the first time of this season

- It was a goalie on last minute who saved a first draw for them

Ladies and gentleman, AC MILAN! 

Sounds like Palace-Chelsea from earlier this year

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Admin
16 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

When Sevilla are closer to Bayern than Juve are to Real Madrid...

Just shows Real's quality tbh (and I still fancy Bayern to win it because of lack of big German rival + Heynckes return).

Increasingly likely semi-final of the big 3 and (probably?) Man City - tasty.

Just now, Victor said:

Just shows Real's quality tbh (and I still fancy Bayern to win it because of lack of big German rival + Heynckes return).

Increasingly likely semi-final of the big 3 and (probably?) Man City - tasty.

While the actual quality of play is better if it's the big 3 and City, I have to admit I'm a little tired of the same results. I like seeing new teams up there. Last year was good for that (although it still had a standard winner)

• Admin
13 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

While the actual quality of play is better if it's the big 3 and City, I have to admit I'm a little tired of the same results. I like seeing new teams up there. Last year was good for that (although it still had a standard winner)

I'd say the big 3 have fallen enough times in recent years for it to still be quite good. Generally 1 has missed out most years so it's not AS repetitive as it could be IMO.

Also they are surely near the end now, I suspect we'll be seeing more Premier League teams going deeper in the future as the Messi/Ronaldo era comes to an end.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Think it's a toss-up between them and Sevilla tbh.

Liverpool v Roma needed now. Salah derby.

I don't think it's that close tbh. I'd be more inclined to have had Sevilla ahead of Pool (prior to them beating City) than behind or equal to Roma. Sevilla do well in Europe historically, there's something to be said for that. I'm happy to see some new blood in the semis, although I'm sure it's a Real Madrid victory lap now