NYA/VAS ; S36

Advantage

You know the best part about this too Street? Corco should be thanking us because us criticizing trading so much for you is doing him a favor. The only periods you have been super active with Toriyama is when you get called out for being a depth player and you end up being more active. Which I'm assuming you are more motivated to do now that everyone made a big deal about this right? :P

Wasn't for us calling this shit out Vasty would of traded for a player who would of went inactive again in a week. :P

I'm no more active now than I've been all January.

If I remember correctly, in your podcast you said you wanted me to make a big trade to help Vasteras. What, is this not a big enough trade for you, or it just the fact that I didn't make the trade with you that upsets you? I've been burned by Cologne tradewise enough times already.

Upset? Why would I be upset about this? I never even discussed any trades with you over any set player during the last week or so, so unsure where you pulled that from. I said make a big trade, this is big in terms of quantity, but I'll be honest...not quality.

Far from mad, just think you kinda overpaid a bit.

Upset? Why would I be upset about this? I never even discussed any trades with you over any set player during the last week or so, so unsure where you pulled that from. I said make a big trade, this is big in terms of quantity, but I'll be honest...not quality.

Far from mad, just think you kinda overpaid a bit.

That actually is my fault a bit, since whenever I talk trade with RomanesEuntDomus, I keep thinking that you guys are basically the same person.

My issue with this deal has very little to do with the fact that it is just a base overpayment. I recognize the fact that you dealt your minor depth players for Cap space because Toriyama, a high end depth player has such a huge contract. But Corco even you have to admit this is the probably the MOST anyone could even get for a player like Toriyama.

If Chris had negotiated to that point, if he had held all the chips and leverage in this deal. Fine. I get it. You really wanted Toriyama and paid based on the fact that he had leverage over you. But he had no leverage over you. In fact this deal is quite the opposite. You held all the leverage. Toriyama is a high end depth player with a history of going inactive. Chris traded a second for him. He has a high end contract this season which forced you to trade depth to fit potential other trades on your roster, and pretty much eliminates the actual purpose of a depth player, which is consistent to good play for constant cheap salary that won't go up.

So explain to me again how in the hell you paid the max here? You had all the cards. Chris has revealed publicly how this negotiation went down. He asked for a 1st + 2 3rds and you willingly added your low end cap dump depth players for a fourth. You CHOSE to overpay when you held all the cards and that makes this a hilariously face palm of a trade on your behalf. I mean it isn't like people were knocking on the door to get Toriyama. Chris had a laugh after the fact and said I'd of easily given him up for just a 1st as well. THAT is all on you Corco. While you have made some solid moves, your inability as GM to show patience and haggle a player based on value and leverage causes these laughable trades to continue to happen. That is why I think this is an over payment about all else. Because I know you could of easily gotten Toriyama for just a 1st, found a way to trade your two depth players for extra value on the side and came ahead in a deal instead of way behind. 

My issue with this deal has very little to do with the fact that it is just a base overpayment. I recognize the fact that you dealt your minor depth players for Cap space because Toriyama, a high end depth player has such a huge contract. But Corco even you have to admit this is the probably the MOST anyone could even get for a player like Toriyama.

If Chris had negotiated to that point, if he had held all the chips and leverage in this deal. Fine. I get it. You really wanted Toriyama and paid based on the fact that he had leverage over you. But he had no leverage over you. In fact this deal is quite the opposite. You held all the leverage. Toriyama is a high end depth player with a history of going inactive. Chris traded a second for him. He has a high end contract this season which forced you to trade depth to fit potential other trades on your roster, and pretty much eliminates the actual purpose of a depth player, which is consistent to good play for constant cheap salary that won't go up.

So explain to me again how in the hell you paid the max here? You had all the cards. Chris has revealed publicly how this negotiation went down. He asked for a 1st + 2 3rds and you willingly added your low end cap dump depth players for a fourth. You CHOSE to overpay when you held all the cards and that makes this a hilariously face palm of a trade on your behalf. I mean it isn't like people were knocking on the door to get Toriyama. Chris had a laugh after the fact and said I'd of easily given him up for just a 1st as well. THAT is all on you Corco. While you have made some solid moves, your inability as GM to show patience and haggle a player based on value and leverage causes these laughable trades to continue to happen. That is why I think this is an over payment about all else. Because I know you could of easily gotten Toriyama for just a 1st, found a way to trade your two depth players for extra value on the side and came ahead in a deal instead of way behind. 

You know I got love for you and I do think I got great value from Toriyama but you are acting like a pretty big dick right now.  Saying "Chris had a laugh about it"..well yeah I was happy but it wasn't really at the expense of Corco.  I was happy I got what I want but I don't think it is all that bad of a trade if Toriyama resigns in Vasteras.

Like is this really the conversation to have right now (the laughable trade, not showing patience thing).  Yeah, it has been said before but this really isn't needed.  I know if it was me in his shoes I'd be finding it hard to want to even stay in this league with some of the treatment Corco gets, and yes I am partially to blame for that as well.

No ones fault really, he speaks to me too. I just found it funny you thought I was upset because we didn't deal with you. Maybe it's been the case in the past with other GM's, but I tend to just let trades happen, if not with me then I don't tend to care anyways.

sometimes when I GM I don't get upset that they dealt with someone else because I understand you have to do what is best for your team, but I do kind of get a little disappointed because I wanted what they had.  Anyways sterling is right for like once ever we should wait and see what happens.  If he wins the cup nobody is going to care