A bunch of suggestions [1/2]

Da Trifecta

You want a fix for the VHLM? Let those who do trade deadline retires, get a 150 carryover and they must enter the draft they retire in. Those who wish to play a full season start with 100 TPE. Then we give the first gens a 100 TPE boost to start as well. Keep the 175 in place for the TPE to stop being added and just abolish the 200 cap.

Those who earn 6 per week over 8 weeks will get 48. Give a training camp for the VHLM of 10 TPE for the season. That is 58. Totaling either 208 or 158. Make the achievement tracker only accessible to those who played out the entire season in the VHLM with a minimum of 15 TPE earned and a max of 20, therefore making sure that no one ever has to spend a season and a half just because they want to boost their draft stock.

Trade Deadline/Full Season or First Gen

Those who earn 7 will have 56 totaling 216/166.

Those who earn 8 will have 64 totaling 224/174.

Those who earn 9 will have 72 totaling 222/182.

Those who earn 10 will have 80 totaling 230/180.

So those who are trade deadline recreates can come in roughly around 230ish max (not including trivia, bio, player pro, VHFL, etc.) This will still push out solid draft classes all around. This would also help for those vets who love to do these to get the most TPE they can to only have to play half a season and then they can get drafted if they want to go this route.

For those who wish to play out the whole season, their numbers may be less but there are some people who actually like to play out the whole season and enjoy it. Sure they may get less but this also weeds out the draft classes so they aren't fully loaded. While you may think that some would go for the trade deadline route, don't count out some who actually like to help out the VHLM GM's and such and actually like playing down. Those who choose the route of playing a full season down, they get an extra season on their careers. Of course the contract situation and depreciation would have to be amended to handle this, but it would give incentive for them to play the full season down. *Also your rule books may be effected but they will be eventually no matter what.*

So those who get pushed to 10 TPE per week and do their bio and profile and VHFL and trivia could come into the league at around 300 TPE MAXED if they get everything done and win on things. Those who do welfare will see the significant drop as they would probably be sitting around roughly I'd say 60-40 less or so. But this makes sure those who can only do welfare or choose to, won't be stuck down in the VHLM for long. They get the 100 boost to start or the 150 and will make it to the VHL quicker.

This ensures drafts will be more exciting to see and those who don't want to have to spend long in the VHLM, don't have to. This also makes sure those VHLM GM's get enough talent so they don't have to blatantly tank. All teams should be able to compete at good levels and would have to manage picks better. While some VHLM teams may have less talent, one more team can be taken off from the VHLM and it be a four team league. This would also make sure that the VHL GM's would have to manage their trades and picks better. You will have your top heavy superstars and then your lesser talented stars. Either way the only ones who would play out more than one season would be those welfare guys. This would reward activity as we have been trying to do for awhile. Those welfare guys could still play up if them and their GM's can come to terms with them coming up.

This could also tie into my previous thing where we limit those who do welfare to a 5 cap weekly. Their normal welfare which would be either 2, 3 or 4. Then they have the chance to earn either 3, 2 or 1 TPE pending off other options like the VHLM practice facility. 1 game post is 1 TPE, 2 posts is 2 TPE and 3 posts is 3 TPE. Point being they can only cap out at 5. Once they reach the VHL, there can be a activity post for them as well. For them to get points there though, they have to make 3 separate posts, on 3 separate days and link them all in a thread. The posts would have to be in game threads of course to drum up activity. The activity check thread though would only be limited to those on welfare. The VHL gets a boost in TPE gained as well. Those who write media or do GFX would get still have a 6 payout and their cap is still the 9 TPE. Those who write for the mag would be required to write roughly 700 words but for that, they will claim the max of 9 per week. This would also get more people to sign up for the mag as they can get the max easily. Then maybe we could get the actual VHLM mag back up and running since we would have more writers. I'd pay out the editors the max of 9 per week as well. Those with jobs will have their pay uncapped and can earn up to 1 TPE per week more meaning 10 total.

In turn this makes sure that activity is rewarded and those who go through the welfare system are not as well off. This fixes the VHLM problem, the reward for activity and the need for solid draft classes always.

Also I'd change around the bank accounts to be carried over. It should be a universal thing since the removal of just having the right to buy TPE. This would ensure those people could reach their cap if they want to buy say the welfare upgrade or PT upgrade, etc. Sure we may see higher TPE numbers total, but it sure seems they get boosted each year no matter what.

The drafts would look like players ranging from 175 TPE-300 TPE. Sure would make for some more fruitful trades and for the way teams manage their picks as well.

So to recap what I suggested, let's take a look below,

Removing 1 VHLM team

Rewarding activity

Boosting draft classes

Making the VHLM less boring for vets

Lowering weekly cap for welfare

Making the bank universal

Making the mag a viable option for TPE

Fix carryover problems

Making trading fun again

*Not sure if I failed to mention what was suggested, but this was just off the top of the head when reading the mag and the response that was given by @Gudnason

@Banackock

@Beaviss

@Beketov

@Devise

@JardyB10

@Higgins

Edited by KGR

18 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Way too radical. Pigs will reach Mars before this happens

Hmm, so your buddy Robbie suggests things and Banana suggests things, but when it comes to me,  I am out of my mind? Nice way of thinking there.

Edited by KGR

Activity is promoted and savers of the league, also known as welfare users have to do more? That is right there automatically better system what we have now.

Not an expert on the VHLM, since it´s been a while since I even played there, but sounds like players would be over in VHL faster? That would help in hopefully having both divisions be tight as possible, look at the European division right now.. I mean. Jesus

Same in the actual VHLM, tighter division and games is only a good thing.

I like everything here but to make it past the commissioners your going to have to do it one step at a time. For example.

People start with 100 TPE instead of 30.

I know a lot of people don't like this idea as it screws with history. The thing is about history is it's just that it's good memories. Another question they will have is balance of the league/'s. I think it won't impact the game much since everyone will be more balenced. I like the changes but im not sure if such "radical" changes will be allowed.

BUT

change needs to happen to make the league fresh and active again.

38 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I like everything here but to make it past the commissioners your going to have to do it one step at a time. For example.

I know a lot of people don't like this idea as it screws with history. The thing is about history is it's just that it's good memories. Another question they will have is balance of the league/'s. I think it won't impact the game much since everyone will be more balenced. I like the changes but im not sure if such "radical" changes will be allowed.

BUT

I never really understood the  "It will change history" argument.

Yes, It's great that you held a record for a time, but the wayne gretzky type records, where no one every has a chance of surpassing them, are few and far between.

You know what would help people become very active for a long period?  If they knew they had a shot at breaking a record.  

I mean, they change the game in real life and as we can see in real life hockey in the past season or two, we're seeing things we've never seen before BECAUSE they changed the game.  We are finally getting to the generation of players who have lived under the 04-05 rule changes their whole life, and the product is arguably getting better. 

The most dangerous phrase in human history is "because we've always done it this way".

6 hours ago, KGR said:

Hmm, so your buddy Robbie suggests things and Banana suggests things, but when it comes to me,  I am out of my mind? Nice way of thinking there.

Not you. I mean it is too radical the league won't do jtit

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

BUT

If the VHL goes under, history doesn't even matter. We should be boosting TPE start for new players. Starting with 30 TPE sucks in the VHLM, and takes awhile for you to even start getting anywhere. There's many who go inactive because of that.

7 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

If the VHL goes under, history doesn't even matter. We should be boosting TPE start for new players. Starting with 30 TPE sucks in the VHLM, and takes awhile for you to even start getting anywhere. There's many who go inactive because of that.

Dis even I the great prodigy almost didn't make it past that. Tagger was the only reason I kept trucking along 

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

Dis even I the great prodigy almost didn't make it past that. Tagger was the only reason I kept trucking along 

Prodigy? More like fluke scorer on Saskatoon or whatever VHLM team you were on? You seem like you suit in just fine on a non-playoff QC team :P 

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

YOU MEAN @scotty'S SCOTTY CAMPBELL WON'T MATTER ANYMORE? MIND BLOWN!!

24 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Prodigy? More like fluke scorer on Saskatoon or whatever VHLM team you were on? You seem like you suit in just fine on a non-playoff QC team :P 

:tf_morganglasses:

40 minutes ago, Beerfridge said:

Here's my suggestion and @Bushito agrees with me. Join the SBA-EFL partnership for welfare. Help expand all communities.

How about no. We are trying to reward for activity, not handout free TPE for some lazy bum. If that happens, then no one will ever do a single point task on here ever again.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

How about no. We are trying to reward for activity, not handout free TPE for some lazy bum. If that happens, then no one will ever do a single point task on here ever again.

Does this not encourage activity coming into the league from people from the EFL-SBA. People will still write VHL articles if this existed especially the wave of maybe about 25 new players coming in. Everyone one complains about how the league is dying but don't want to change a thing about it.

2 minutes ago, Beerfridge said:

Does this not encourage activity coming into the league from people from the EFL-SBA. People will still write VHL articles if this existed especially the wave of maybe about 25 new players coming in. Everyone one complains about how the league is dying but don't want to change a thing about it.

The league wants to promote activity, not people claiming welfare. Why hand out as much TPE from welfare as full time active members get? Literally no one would do a single PT anymore. That right there would be the ultimate death of the league. They can do welfare the good old fashioned way. The cap here is only 9 so why give them 2/3's of it for nothing? That would be the ultimate way to piss off the actives here and lose some of them or activity? With SBA or EFL, that cap there is 12 not 9. So that leaves another 6 TPE difference as to here it's only 3. So this would make no sense to do.

1 hour ago, Beerfridge said:

Here's my suggestion and @Bushito agrees with me. Join the SBA-EFL partnership for welfare. Help expand all communities.

Image result for thats where youre wrong kiddo

31 minutes ago, Beerfridge said:

The problem isn't having (inactive) players in the sim, the problem is people not committing to the board more then just claiming welfare once a week and 6 posts a week