Archetypes

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

Maybe I should actually start treating you as if your opinion don't matter and you aren't a member of the community. Then you have reason to point fingers at me for "personal attacks" and "your opinion not mattering".

Better get a time machine then, because you've been doing that throughout the thread, or you'd have had no reason to mention my activity (a fact, sure, but as I've said - a fact that matters about as much to this discussion as the Penguins winning the cup).

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

I turned nothing into nothing. You commented on my activity, and heavily implied it restricted my ability to speak on the topic at hand, when it did nothing of the sort. You spouted "facts" that have no bearing on anything. I then did the same, to prove the ridiculousness of your claim. It's funny though, you keep bringing it up even after I've pointed out it means absolutely nothing in the context of this discussion. You're stubborn, I'll give you that, you think that repeating it over and over again might actually make it mean something. Have I ever told you the definition of insanity? Trying the same thing and expecting different results.

I'm sorry who are you?

Just now, diamond_ace said:

Better get a time machine then, because you've been doing that throughout the thread, or you'd have had no reason to mention my activity (a fact, sure, but as I've said - a fact that matters about as much to this discussion as the Penguins winning the cup).

New member? Welcome to the league, if you need help, please message someone who is actually active.

5 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

@KGR can you please provide examples of archetypes and  also why you can't just choose to build your player that way currently?

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=61255

Right there are what the SHL runs with.

Why I can't choose to build my player that way, is because there are no caps. This makes it so you have 3 strengths and 1 weakness. I seen 2 weaknesses suggested so I said why not balance and make only 2 strengths.

1 hour ago, KGR said:

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=61255

Right there are what the SHL runs with.

Why I can't choose to build my player that way, is because there are no caps. This makes it so you have 3 strengths and 1 weakness. I seen 2 weaknesses suggested so I said why not balance and make only 2 strengths.

and yet as others have said every single player is still a scorer/play maker hybrid

the reason for that is because we have a text based sim. The only way I'd make a scrappy/third/fourth liner type is if I saw my player play and could see him block a shot, change momentum, fight someone, make a dirty hit etc...

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

for what it's worth the shl is among the dumbest forums/leagues I've ever been on. Way too much going on. I've tried to make a player 3 or 4 times and every time I've been so confused I left. Terrible league!

Well archetypes worked out well for SBA, EFL and NSFL right now.

Just now, KGR said:

Well archetypes worked out well for SBA, EFL and NSFL right now.

So why didn't it work for the SHL? I can't speak for basketball because it sucks ass but in football you have different positions. So if I make a left tackle adding to arm or whatever the stat is makes zero sense. That's all it is. In hockey any player at any position can be a "scorer playmaker" except goalie.

Just now, Tyler said:

So why didn't it work for the SHL? I can't speak for basketball because it sucks ass but in football you have different positions. So if I make a left tackle adding to arm or whatever the stat is makes zero sense. That's all it is. In hockey any player at any position can be a "scorer playmaker" except goalie.

It did for the SHL too.

11 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

yup

It´s not like there is not any players in SHL, the GMs have learned it´s better to use 1st line guy twice for example on 1st and 3rd line instead of using your lets say 500-600 TPE young player on the third line and the 1st line guy just on the 1st line.

10 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Ruutu: I have a newfound respect for you today. Seeing the thread derail around you and maintaining topic, that takes a lot of patience, something the internet on the whole sorely lacks.

:D thanks, sorry I had to go to sleep in middle of all the fun!

9 hours ago, Tyler said:

It´s the fact that so many choose checking as weakness. Kinda works in SHL, but not really. Eventually everybody will be the same and look like scoring playmakers or playmaking scorers :P Would work even better in SHL if you would have to choose 2 weaknesess, I think.

In a way it´s quite realistic when you look at todays NHL, not much room for your fighters or players who cant do little bit of everything, need to be as close to complete package as possible if you want to have long NHL career. But still I´d say SHL is extreme version of it, so many elite level two-way players who can do it all on elite level. Like 18 Connor McDavids running around with 9 Ovechkins, 12 Crosbys etc.