Amazon Prime

Banackock

8 hours ago, Beketov said:

Yify was good if you wanted bare bones to watch on a laptop. Sadly his quality was lacking with a proper setup since it was low quality stereo sound with very low bitrate video. To each their own but I’ll take a good quality 1080 5.1 rip over something with a small file size any day.

Yeah I'm with you, but that is also some of the luxuries of having a good net connection. Higher file size doesn't really bother us, but for those still on lets say non fiber? I could see the argument that getting something simple and just watching it on a lappy or basic monitor with headphones is fine. 

Honestly, Prime is great for the shopping benefits you get, and I do just consider Video a bonus. There's not much on there, at least in Canada, aside from older movies that are cool to have access to, and a couple shows. But really, the reason I use Prime is for the shipping and deals.

But then again, I also abuse the Prime 30-day Trial, so I guess I'm kind of pirating Prime Video? lol

3 hours ago, Quik said:

Honestly, Prime is great for the shopping benefits you get, and I do just consider Video a bonus. There's not much on there, at least in Canada, aside from older movies that are cool to have access to, and a couple shows. But really, the reason I use Prime is for the shipping and deals.

But then again, I also abuse the Prime 30-day Trial, so I guess I'm kind of pirating Prime Video? lol

does it still have the indianapolis jones movies? If so it's worth it on that basis alone.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:52 AM, Beketov said:

Yify was good if you wanted bare bones to watch on a laptop. Sadly his quality was lacking with a proper setup since it was low quality stereo sound with very low bitrate video. To each their own but I’ll take a good quality 1080 5.1 rip over something with a small file size any day.

Yeah, yeah. For most of the shit on there, he wasn't bad. I was also on the lap top (furthest thing from a  PC guy, haha).

• Commissioner
15 hours ago, Tyler said:

does it still have the indianapolis jones movies? If so it's worth it on that basis alone.

Indianapolis Jones: the long lost brother of Indiana Jones.

Mind you I’m 99% sure that’s a reference that is simply going over my head.

8 hours ago, Banackock said:

Yeah, yeah. For most of the shit on there, he wasn't bad. I was also on the lap top (furthest thing from a  PC guy, haha).

I just can’t handle shit quality anymore, work has broken me. I’m used to working with 6K footage (even downscaled to 1080) so low bitrate 720 just looks like hot garbage and sounds worse. I don’t worry about storage space or internet speed concerns at all though so i can afford the top quality.

I have kodi on my laptop,but I find it's too much be to log in and search.

I now use a Roku stick, along with a Chromecast one as well on our rec room TV.And the laptop gets used with my projector at my cabin now.

We have shitty cable upstairs with Netflix, but also Roku/Chromecast hooked up to the tv's.

I don't watch TV but I like movies so Roku is decent for that at home and Kodi for the cabin.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Indianapolis Jones: the long lost brother of Indiana Jones.

Mind you I’m 99% sure that’s a reference that is simply going over my head.

I just can’t handle shit quality anymore, work has broken me. I’m used to working with 6K footage (even downscaled to 1080) so low bitrate 720 just looks like hot garbage and sounds worse. I don’t worry about storage space or internet speed concerns at all though so i can afford the top quality.

it's a trailer park boys reference