Increase Sim Schedule (STZ Sug 2)

STZ

While I know that there’s a lot of pressure on @JardyB10 to be doing nightly sims, I can’t help to continuously go back to the idea that sims need to be more frequent. Im not saying we need to increase it by much but even if we increased it by like an extra sim every three days.

Seasons seem to stretch on slightly too long (IMO could be shortened by a week). I think this would prevent us from

losing the momentum we gain during off-season. It seems as though no matter what time of year, the long season plays a factor in people losing interest.

I like this idea too. But instead of every 2-3 days, I say double-sim weekends. Basically, instead of simming 2 days on the schedule (I think it's 2, maybe it's 3?), you sim 4 (or 6 if it's usually 3 lol) on both Saturday and Sunday (or Friday/Saturday since Jardy can only sim at nights) which also creates more happenings on the weekend..

• Commissioner

Assuming @JardyB10 can post extra (since he actually winning is pretty quick) a couple of days a week I think this could be nice to see. Wouldn’t really hurt much I don’t think and keeps things flowing.

The only thing it would alter is TPE levels since seasons would take less time but we’re talking maybe 9 TPE less per season so over the course of an entire career you’re looking at 72 TPE less which isn’t really much.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Assuming @JardyB10 can post extra (since he actually winning is pretty quick) a couple of days a week I think this could be nice to see. Wouldn’t really hurt much I don’t think and keeps things flowing.

The only thing it would alter is TPE levels since seasons would take less time but we’re talking maybe 9 TPE less per season so over the course of an entire career you’re looking at 72 TPE less which isn’t really much.

If we implement more uncapped TPE PT opportunities through the season, we could make up that loss ;)

7 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

I'M IN for this. Regular season is boring af in it's current shape.

I'm fine with it as well, but speeding up the regular season doesn't make it any less boring you know...

In fact my only concern with this is that it doesn't seem to me that it will actually accomplish anything at all. So we bring the regular season to 4 or 5 weeks down from 5 or 6 or whatever it is. Is everyone suddenly like, "Oh, the season's are so much nicer and streamlined now and as a result I'm happier with my overall VHL experience."? I doubt it.

I'm happy enough to sim more over the season, I certainly don't think there's much of a downside, even considering Beketov's above concerns (since when is "not enough TPE" an issue? #inflation :P) Without actually having to crunch any numbers, I think something like Quik's idea:

7 hours ago, Quik said:

I like this idea too. But instead of every 2-3 days, I say double-sim weekends. Basically, instead of simming 2 days on the schedule (I think it's 2, maybe it's 3?), you sim 4 (or 6 if it's usually 3 lol) on both Saturday and Sunday (or Friday/Saturday since Jardy can only sim at nights) which also creates more happenings on the weekend..

is probably the simplest and best solution. Double simming on weekends on a 6 week season would speed the season up by 12 days, which seems to be what people are after.